• i like/want the iphone

8 38.10%
  • i dont like/want the iphone

13 61.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

Default iPhone

do u like/want the iPhone?

imo i rather just have a normal phone, the iphone is too complicated for me. one of my friend waited 3 hours in line just to get the iphone, i think he is crazy
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Its just an Ipod tread; got to have them all. An Ipod, NanoIpod, then the Iphone. Who knows whats the thing gonna be?
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

I rather have a BlackBerry.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

i think its just a waste of money.
    wad for get an iPhone which is so expensive when you alr have a phone, an iPod and so on and so forth.
    Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why it's called the present!

No, actually i like it. even tho it does cost like 700 bucks, its a big step of change in the cell phone industry.
    and like mind_wander staid, gotta catch 'em all!
    The best part of believe is the lie.

lol, like Pokemon, "Gotta Catch them all." Missed out on one, someone got the bragging rights. It is something nice to have; can watch youtube/ipod music/text message/cell phone calls.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

i heard today, noone could use their iphones because the server exploded! too many people were using it once..

yeah, its like people calling at the same time; like 9/11, all the cellphone service went down. Too many at one time; the company, should have seen this coming.

how come iPhone is going through an apple service and not a normal mobile phone carrier's service? Apple is shooting themself in the foot if they made the iPhone's telephone operation using propiertry and nonstandard technology, because they'll need to setup infrastructure in every country (that they want to support) or pay another carrier to adopt it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    do u like/want the iPhone?

imo i rather just have a normal phone, the iphone is too complicated for me. one of my friend waited 3 hours in line just to get the iphone, i think he is crazy
    it's not complicated, more like over price

600 + 2 years contract = no no, it's a good item, but not worth that much.

wat plans workkk on the iPhone??
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Like the iPod, i think the iPhone is overated. Honestly, whats so good about apple stuff? I can get an MP3 instead of an iPod for maybe half the price! And I could get a cellphone for maybe 1/4 of the price of an iPhone.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    wat plans workkk on the iPhone??
    currently only AT&T/ Cingular carries the iphone

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    currently only AT&T/ Cingular carries the iphone
    wtf, no verison??
    thats just stupid
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    Honestly, whats so good about apple stuff? I can get an MP3 instead of an iPod for maybe half the price!
    It's stylish, trendy, and innovative. I don't think Apple products are overrated - they stand quite strong against competitors. However, they're just overpriced and sometimes you have to consider if they're worth the extra cost. I enjoy Apple products in general and admire the creativity of those who work for Apple, and if they were equally priced, who wouldn't prefer an iPod over most MP3 players?

As for the actual question, of course I'd WANT an iPhone. Like if someone bought me one I'd be happy and all...but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one (i.e. wait three days in line). I don't need a phone with that many features. I'm not tech-savvy either so anything too complex would probably confuse me. That much money for a PHONE (when I could get one free with my plan)? I'd rather add a few hundred more and get myself a Mac.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    wtf, no verison??
    thats just stupid
    but think abut it, its good for Cingular!
    and plus, if everyone had iphone in their company, there wouldnt be much of a demand for it.

I wouldn't spend that much on a cell phone. All I use one for is to call people anyways, so I rather invest that money in a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    Like the iPod, i think the iPhone is overated. Honestly, whats so good about apple stuff? I can get an MP3 instead of an iPod for maybe half the price! And I could get a cellphone for maybe 1/4 of the price of an iPhone.
    They are well marketed. That's about it. When thugs rob people of their iPods like they did for Reebok Pumps when the product itself is technically inferior to it's competitors - that's the work of a great marketing strategy.

Think of it as if everyone thought Daewoo made the best cars in the world. They use cheap parts and aren't engineered as well as it's competitors, but for some reason everyone thinks it's the best. That's the work of great marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    They are well marketed. That's about it. When thugs rob people of their iPods like they did for Reebok Pumps when the product itself is technically inferior to it's competitors - that's the work of a great marketing strategy.

Think of it as if everyone thought Daewoo made the best cars in the world. They use cheap parts and aren't engineered as well as it's competitors, but for some reason everyone thinks it's the best. That's the work of great marketing.
    Is style a marketing ploy because I find the iPod looks so much more nicer and cooler than others. Looks is as important as the technical aspect.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

depends what what is more important to you.

if aesthetic appearance is more important than having drag and drop (iPod might have that now, I haven't used one in ages and back then you couldn't drag and drop mp3's from pc to iPod), good battery life, high SNR.

I make it's comparison to Reebok pumps because they were just normal shoes but had an inflatable tongue that did nothing other than inflate, but everyone wanted a pair and were willing to pay a premium for what was a normal shoe with a gimmicky tongue.

The marketing ploy is people are willing to pay MORE for something that worth less in real value.