Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Tips?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    but this is wonderful! and yeah, the whole thing is photoshop is that you create your own stuff and not to copy the other person step by step, if that's the case then why photoshop? why not just ask the other person to make the graphic for you? so i'm so glad you went about it your own way and i'm glad i was able to help you with some of it.
    Hey, Gugu-Sensei, are you talking about me - aishh... - haha lol, just kidding with you, glad, you *come back*, just want to say hi. So no new avatar yet
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 12-10-08 at 07:22 PM.

for all those interested in challenges go to asianfanatics.net -->forum-->creative boutique--> AF BLEND CHALLENGES [76-80]

i'm still thinking about it, but i think it'd be cool to see people from here participate too. see ya there. ^_^

Default :AF blend challenge entry:

please do not take these pics or re-post anywhere else! i'm using these for the challenge at AF! thank you!!!!!!

i just want to get your opinions on my coloring. what i should do differently on them. please don't hate me for the color choices, i wanted to pick something that no one else would pick.

here is the original:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp177/AFBlendChallenges/Challenge80Colorization/A-mei-GlitterStar03.jpg')

here's what i did:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/15p37o4.png')

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Sensei, IMHO the purple stockings is a little bit striking and to in contrast with the gold jacket. Anyway dunno, prolly the theme is for things like that, yeah?

Is that masking technique that you use ?- wicked

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Sensei, IMHO the purple stockings is a little bit striking and to in contrast with the gold jacket. Anyway dunno, prolly the theme is for things like that, yeah?

Is that masking technique that you use ?- wicked
    i'm going to tone down the purple and go over the edges to make sure nothing is outside the lines later. then i'll add some life to her face. and i don't believe i used any masking. and i'm debating on if i should just totally black out the green star on her pants, cause it looks weird and out of place. i'm also going to color the hair too, but i'm not sure to what color or tint. i like the black hair but it's too plain. and the background needs some work.. still the color choice is not coming to my head. if you have a suggestion let me know.

Hey Gugu, I love your coloring techniques! You've gotta make me a tutoriall on coloring black and white images when you have time, yeah?

Colorwise, I have a few ideas.

For the bangles, why don't you give each piece a different color? Or go for red or silver on all of them.

Maybe you can also try to experiment on her with:

1. Red Pants, white star and black tights

OR

2. White Pants, red star and black tights

I think red and white is a really cool color combination and red looks good on asians.

And for the background, if the one you have now is too plain then you might want to make it a bit LOUD with mixed colors, like in the Ipod commercials.

another practice coloring! i did these rather quick so the coloring isn't so good. i was only focusing on her face make up. i need more practice in the make up area.
    pics credit to AF and to moonlightd for posting them! i stole the pic from their coloring battle thread.

original:
    http://i39.tinypic.com/fp79fq.jpg

my coloring:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i44.tinypic.com/4rp92x.png')

blend/poster i made for fun! ^_^
    pics credit to raysoda and soompi.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/29zedz.png')

another one out of anger ^_^

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/k99jlw.png')

Gugu or somebody!

Please help teach me to make something like this. I want to piece some people together in a row like this.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/34hvwy1.jpg')
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

SS, of course i can help you. i'll do a tutorial for you when i get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Gugu or somebody!

Please help teach me to make something like this. I want to piece some people together in a row like this.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/34hvwy1.jpg')
    what series is this
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

SS, of course i can help you. i'll do a tutorial for you when i get home.
    Thanks. I could've easily ask you to make me a poster, but I figure I'd rather do it myself with your tutorial. Just like the saying, "Give him a fish and it feeds him for a day. Teach him to fish and it feeds him everyday." I don't know the exact words of the saying, but something to that meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    what series is this
    That series is Vagabond Vigilante (You Jian Jiang Hu)
    http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Vagabond_Vigilante
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 03-02-09 at 12:28 AM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Thanks. I could've easily ask you to make me a poster, but I figure I'd rather do it myself with your tutorial. Just like the saying, "Give him a fish and it feeds him for a day. Teach him to fish and it feeds him everyday." I don't know the exact words of the saying, but something to that meaning.

yes, i get you. just to make sure you use photoshop cs3, right?
    and hope you don't mind me using my dongbangshinki boys for the tutorial.

yes, i get you. just to make sure you use photoshop cs3, right?
    and hope you don't mind me using my dongbangshinki boys for the tutorial.
    No. I only have Photoshop CS. As long as they're not holding each other or anything like that, OK?

okay, i'm not going to go over everything since i'm guessing you know the basics already. what you want to do is open up your background photo and then do the following.

1. go to 'view --> show --> grid [the grid makes it easier for you to align your photo the way you want it.

2. it looks like they blended the pics of the characters into the background, do that like how you would blend for a regular pic.

3. then take the 'line tool' and make a vertical line, the length depends on your pic. make it as thin or thick as you'd like. and just duplicate that line and separate all the pics, just like the poster you posted up.

that should be the basic steps in creating that photo. it's up to you on what you want to add onto the picture. i suggest you do the coloring and filtering right after you've blended the pics to the background then add the vertical lines last.

i'm still working on mine, but i'll post it when i'm done. any questions? add me on msn. ^_^

Gugu, I haven't been following this thread and doing the tutorials. So I guess I need to read from a certain post in order to follow what you've just posted here?

I have very little experiences with Photoshop and know only a few tricks. I've never made a poster either.

Can you show me step by step?
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 03-02-09 at 02:34 AM.

first, tell me if this is something you want. anything close?
    add me on msn [email protected]
    i was going to do a screen shot of the steps but it was wayyyyy too many of them. if we're on msn i can walk you thru the steps.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/30xg0pg.png')

what do you use to extract people? I use the extract tool but it's not working too well with hairs. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    what do you use to extract people? I use the extract tool but it's not working too well with hairs. Any tips?
    it's a secret.

hahaha okay, i'm just kidding with you. the best tool to use when you want it to be perfect is the pen tool. zoom in on the pic and use your pen tool works great! if not then just blend your pic with the background you want as if you're making a poster.