Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Tips?

Well by default the Swatches palette should be open. On that palette should also be Color tab. If you don't see it then go Window/Swatches or Color to open the palette.

Also can go on the Tool Bar towards the bottum where you have your foreground/background colors.(default black and white) Double click on the foreground color(default black) to bring up the Color Picker window.

*make sure you're painting on the top transparent layer and not the image layer.
    ************************************************** *****************************
    Since your new, I'd like to add to my previouse directions

8. To save your your composition, go File/Save (always a good idea to save often while working incase of a computer or program crash)
    9. To save a file for web presentation, go File/Save for web. Select file format you want. .jpeg is cool. It's a good compression which yields good quality. Turn the quality to 100% if desired. Save.
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 10-09-07 at 07:10 PM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Well by default the Swatches palette should be open. On that palette should also be Color tab. If you don't see it then go Window/Swatches or Color to open the palette.

Also can go on the Tool Bar towards the bottum where you have your foreground/background colors.(default black and white) Double click on the foreground color(default black) to bring up the Color Picker window.

*make sure you're painting on the top transparent layer and not the image layer.
    ************************************************** *****************************
    Since your new, I'd like to add to my previouse directions

8. To save your your composition, go File/Save (always a good idea to save often while working incase of a computer or program crash)
    9. To save a file for web presentation, go File/Save for web. Select file format you want. .jpeg is cool. It's a good compression which yields good quality. Turn the quality to 100% if desired. Save.
    Thank You So Much
    if i have any other questions, i'll be sure to ask
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Original:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/baccardixx/IMG_5264.jpg')

After photoshop. Notice anything different? :
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r220/baccardixx/64f20801b.jpg')
    Gugu, your modifications are too fake.

The skill is to make it look as though you haven't photoshopped it.

Zhang Zi Yi.

click to show/hide spoilers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1430/46155113sn1.jpg')

Or wait.... Zhang Zi yi?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9530/zzy061zp5.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    Gugu, your modifications are too fake.

The skill is to make it look as though you haven't photoshopped it.

Zhang Zi Yi.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1430/46155113sn1.jpg')

Or wait.... Zhang Zi yi?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9530/zzy061zp5.jpg')
    Hahaha, 0-0-0 I was only joking. My main purpose was to just make her boobs bigger but I had way too much fun and kept on going with the face. At the end she doesn't even look like the girl I started with. And her one eye is huge.

Good job on ZZY. You can still tell that it was photoshopped though.

haha, i actually found this really good website online to edit my pictures- www.picnik.com
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

No one knows how to make your face skinnier? My grahics guru friend did it for me the other day, but I didn't really catch most of it..except cloning...and it didn't work for me *cries*.

I'm getting Photoshop CS3 tomorrow though yay!!!

If you open an image then you may need to make a copy of it on its on layer.(drag layer to the layer icon)
    Now make sure you're on the copy layer.
    Press "Control+T" This brings up Free Transform
    Finally, just drag the side handlers to make the image thinner.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    If you open an image then you may need to make a copy of it on its on layer.(drag layer to the layer icon)
    Now make sure you're on the copy layer.
    Press "Control+T" This brings up Free Transform
    Finally, just drag the side handlers to make the image thinner.
    that's a bad way to make someone look thinner, because it makes everything looks squashed.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/792/arielpsut2.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by foreva View Post
    that's a bad way to make someone look thinner, because it makes everything looks squashed.
    No one is going to know it is squashed unless you make make it toooooo thin.

Plus, there is no other simpler way. Unless you want to give them a tutorial word for word on how to do it the long way.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by foreva View Post

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/792/arielpsut2.gif')
    How did you do that? That's so cool.

I tried Okagira's way..it kiiiinda worked, but looks "odd".

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    How did you do that? That's so cool.

I tried Okagira's way..it kiiiinda worked, but looks "odd".
    looks like liquify or whatever it's called- i don't have it on my version of photoshop because mine is extremely outdated. the other editing things look like some pretty basic healing brush or clone stamp kind of functions. Actually i don't have healing brush on my version, but it's basically used to cover blemishes. Otherwise just lightening and adjusting hue/saturation can also get rid of eye bags etc.

Yea there is really no easy way if you want to do like that example. You pretty much have to get down and dirty with Photoshop.
    look into cloneing tool, airbrush/brush, smudge tool, and the others that 0-0-0 mentioned. Steep learning curve but if you mess around long enuff, you'll get it.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

does anyone use Jasc Paint Shop Pro?

How do you superimpose something on top of another image and retain transparency in the top layer?
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    looks like liquify or whatever it's called- i don't have it on my version of photoshop because mine is extremely outdated. the other editing things look like some pretty basic healing brush or clone stamp kind of functions. Actually i don't have healing brush on my version, but it's basically used to cover blemishes. Otherwise just lightening and adjusting hue/saturation can also get rid of eye bags etc.
    actually, I did not use liquidify, healing brush, clone stamp etc. You don't exactly need the bulky features that the new PS have, since nothing gives the good old results that normal airbrushing, and blending(the water drop icon) does.

To slim Ariel's face:
    Made layers of the sides of her face and move them closer to her face, then erase the bits that stick out, and the parts that you don't want to change. If anything looks out of place or unnatural, just blend, or air brush over them. air brush with a very low opacity soft brush.
    Add very soft shadows on the sides of the face to contour, it's sort of how you contour your face with bronzer when putting on make up.

to get rid of the eye bags, I'll just grab the lighter colours on her face, like on her cheeks, and start air brushing over the eye bags. blend, and that's the end.

who's really good with photoshop here? ;]
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

ANYBODY WANA EDIT A PIC FOR ME?!?!

<3 them.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    who's really good with photoshop here? ;]
    GuGu seems to be pretty handy with it. If you can't get her to do it, my brother-in-law is an absolute wiz with photoshop, so I could ask him. He did one of my mother surfing in a bikini that is still giving me nightmares.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

LMAO how old is ur mom? haha

and where's GuGu!?

<3 them.

Since I'm very old, she's ancient....very disturbing.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    ANYBODY WANA EDIT A PIC FOR ME?!?!

I can edit photo in photoshop. what photo u want to edit ??? if u want to try edit your background photo you must to remove your background and moving to background you want