Thread: Review : Prince Coffee Shop No. 1

aww... i wanna watch this.. but it loads so slowly..sighs
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    try Youtube with Chinese sub, I have finished ep14.

Like the ending part of ep14, lovely and cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewinter View Post
    try Youtube with Chinese sub, I have finished ep14.

Like the ending part of ep14, lovely and cute!
    youtube's even worst.. sigh.. if only crunchyroll has it.. hmm.. but I'll definitely watch this.. get it from friends.. ^^ just seeing some gif image is enough to tempt me into watching this.. I like like likeeeeeee YEH
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    Veoh has it too.

I like this show and after some really dramatic episodes, ep 14 was "light" and really nice to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashigirl6 View Post
    Veoh has it too.

I like this show and after some really dramatic episodes, ep 14 was "light" and really nice to watch.
    hehe that's what i'm going to do if i failed to get it off friends.. ^^
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

I swear, i have no self-control whatsoever!

I've been doing this " watching the series raw and reading summaries"...I wanted to stop and wait till it's all out in eng subbed...

next thing you know, i find myself on Javabeans page looking at pictures of ep 14-16...arghhh...it's going to be good.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Gong Yoo and YYH are really cute in here. I think they both did a great job, out of a so so storyline . One of the best couples I've seen. Their acting all looks very natural. I'm glad they chose YYH to act as a guy because she did a very nice job.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I totally agree. Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye did a really good job. Their chemistry is sooo good.
    I watched today ep 16 and I definitely needed oxygen at the end. That was a big OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashigirl6 View Post
    I totally agree. Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye did a really good job. Their chemistry is sooo good.
    I watched today ep 16 and I definitely needed oxygen at the end. That was a big OMG.
    Goodness! i'm getting so excited? can you understand Korean? eng subs arent' out yet right?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    i thought it was slow at first but the characters are growing on me..

Hey, i was wondering where do you go to watch up to ep 10? eng sub?
    Veoh has episodes 1-13 with english subs. Its awesome ive been watching it and the person uploading the videos are uploading very fast.

Goodness! i'm getting so excited? can you understand Korean? eng subs arent' out yet right?
    No, I don't understand korean but chinese. I watch with chinese subs. There are usually faster than the eng subs.
    Be prepared for ep 15 and 16! And enjoy!

OK, the series is now over.

click to show/hide spoilers
    The series ends quitely. Ko Eun Chan goes to Italy alone, leaving Choi Han Guil and the rest of crew behind. When she returns two years later, everyone's still there and Choi Han Guil awaits her. Nothing special or dramatic.

This drama is basically Kim Sam Soon of 2007, beating out other Kim Sam Soon wanna-bes like Swordwoman Oh Soo Jung and a number of other competing shows. Yun Eun Hye is now the queen of TV screen, as her asking prices shot up like a rocket.

Seeing her in Goong 2 will be much harder now, since doing Goong 2 with Yun has become just that much more expensive and Yun is at war with her previous management firm that produced also produced Goong.(Yun was a rare case of being directly managed by a movie/drama studio instead of a management firm)
    Last edited by JonDoe; 08-27-07 at 12:38 PM.

what a stupid ending..such a typical drama ending..i would expect more from the PD then the usual come back after 2 years ending..URGGGGGG

looking back overall i honestly dont find this series anything special ...the story is pretty typical that we had seen in chinese dramas or japanese dramas had done. The cast are all cute actors which made is quite revealing. The dialogues are so cute that made you have goosebumps. But i wouldnt' say that it's one of the best dramas in 2007. Not enough dramatic moments for me.. It was pretty predicable. I quess everyone was shock to see Eun hye being a boy.

I forgot the #1 thing about this drama ..the soundtracks..I have to applaud the PD for such brilliant taste in picking music. Without this it wouldn't be so successful.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    looking back overall i honestly dont find this series anything special ...
    Yun Eun Hye's presence.

the story is pretty typical that we had seen in chinese dramas or japanese dramas had done.
    Those didn't have Yun Eun Hye.

But i wouldnt' say that it's one of the best dramas in 2007.
    Not the best, but certainly the most popular drama aimed at women.
    Popularity does not automatically mean quality.

It was pretty predicable. I quess everyone was shock to see Eun hye being a boy.
    It is quite the other way around. People were shocked that the sumo champion girl was going to play a petite princess.

Although Coffee Prince Shop No.1 did make Yun Eun Hye a top ranking actress, it did nothing to shake off her "sumo champion girl" image that she wanted to lose badly.

yea .. bit was a big hype when Hana Kimi came out too. i quess people just loves these girls mistaken as guys type of drama...

though i personally like the ancient way girls dressing up as guy in chinese series ..more fun , more fighting.. less talking...

" Basicall KIM SAM Soon of 2007"

I'm not done watching this series, it is KSS of 07 then this is highly recommended then.

Jondoe-so are you giving this series THUMB up oR THUMB Down?

Jondoe-so are you giving this series THUMB up oR THUMB Down?
    I have no opinion since I am not a fan of the series(Watching doesn't mean you are a fan). Too busy watching "The Hour of Dogs and Wolves"(The best series aired in 4 years) and "Oh Soo Jung"(funnier).

Coffee Prince Shop No. 1 was intended to appeal to women mostly, and I don't understand how a female mind works. The bad news for Goong fans is that Goong 2 with Yun Eun Hye is a lot less likely now since Yun doesn't need to and want to(because of ongoing dispute with the Goong production studio). But Goong fans might overlook Yun's absence as long as Joo Ji Hun(Prince Shin) returns, with another actress playing Chaekyung, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    what a stupid ending..such a typical drama ending..i would expect more from the PD then the usual come back after 2 years ending..URGGGGGG
    True, I was little disappointed from the ending. I expected more and I didn't like the fact that they put one more ep. They should leave at 16.
    That ruined totally the actual story, wonder what alternative end they actually planned. Now I'm looking forward to see the special
    Nevertheless, I like this show

I forgot the #1 thing about this drama ..the soundtracks..I have to applaud the PD for such brilliant taste in picking music. Without this it wouldn't be so successful.
    Ya..Such an amazing OST

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    I have no opinion since I am not a fan of the series(Watching doesn't mean you are a fan). Too busy watching "The Hour of Dogs and Wolves"(The best series aired in 4 years) and "Oh Soo Jung"(funnier).

Coffee Prince Shop No. 1 was intended to appeal to women mostly, and I don't understand how a female mind works. The bad news for Goong fans is that Goong 2 with Yun Eun Hye is a lot less likely now since Yun doesn't need to and want to(because of ongoing dispute with the Goong production studio). But Goong fans might overlook Yun's absence as long as Joo Ji Hun(Prince Shin) returns, with another actress playing Chaekyung, right?
    Ok, as much as i like Yun Eun Hye, I think I can live knowing she's not the princess in Goong because I think now since after Coffee Prince, I don't see her as the girly princess anymore.

As long as Prince Shin returns, it's all good. Just as long as the new actress is pretty then i'm ok.

Ok, as much as i like Yun Eun Hye, I think I can live knowing she's not the princess in Goong because I think now since after Coffee Prince, I don't see her as the girly princess anymore.

As long as Prince Shin returns, it's all good. Just as long as the new actress is pretty then i'm ok.
    i doubt that they'll keep Shin because Eun hye and Kim jung hoon is not in their ether..and i doubt that Song ji pyois in there.. i forgot her name i hope that was it..

i think if they do it probably gonna changed the whole cast..