Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Review : Prince Coffee Shop No. 1

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    i doubt that they'll keep Shin because Eun hye and Kim jung hoon is not in their ether..and i doubt that Song ji pyois in there.. i forgot her name i hope that was it..

i think if they do it probably gonna changed the whole cast..
    that wouldn't be the same then..it;ll be like watching goong S
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Wow, finally finish watching CP and I'm sad because it's over.

I really enjoyed this series throught out from ep1-17. Light-hearted. Cute. Sweet.

BUT the ending was kinda weak but it's still good. I love the soundtrack, the characters, and the plot.

Not one of my top 5 but prolly one of my top 12 favs--

Recommended to those who just want to watch a series that's light hearted.

ive been watching this. watched up to the part where he finds out but havent managed to watch the rest. its too slow online, might buy myself a copy of this one. i love gong yoo
    patience..............just be patient...........

Note: This is just my opinion.

To me this series was so slow and boring. I forced myself to watched the series thinking i might find it good somehow. But I couldn't last any longer when I reached ep 12. This series dragged like shit hell and lacked developement.
    It was a major disappointment to me since I am a Yoo Eun Hye fan.

I guess to me, to enjoy this series, dont' have high expectations..just like it as a light hearted series for their cute moments...IT's a cute series.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Quote Originally Posted by Achubebe1 View Post
    Note: This is just my opinion.

To me this series was so slow and boring. I forced myself to watched the series thinking i might find it good somehow. But I couldn't last any longer when I reached ep 12. This series dragged like shit hell and lacked developement.
    It was a major disappointment to me since I am a Yoo Eun Hye fan.
    im sry u didnt like it....but i did!!!!!! i thought gong yoo and yoo eun hye looked really cute 2gether.
    Last edited by jin_yong_fan; 09-10-07 at 03:41 PM. Reason: quoted wrong
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Quote Originally Posted by CoL View Post
    ive been watching this. watched up to the part where he finds out but havent managed to watch the rest. its too slow online, might buy myself a copy of this one. i love gong yoo
    if u go 2 veoh.com and search coffee prince uploaded by vivagirl. she has the entire series uploaded w/ english subs.

gong yoo was WONDERFUL in this series. he had LOTS of facial expression!!!!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by CoL View Post
    Just in case if you do decide to buy a copy, remember to buy one with good english subs.

Quote Originally Posted by baby1talk View Post
    Just in case if you do decide to buy a copy, remember to buy one with good english subs.
    I agree, to be able to enjoy watching this series, you have to see it with good english sub title, or else you would be lost as the story progresses. I did enjoy the drama. I wouldn't say that it has a good story plot, but what makes it very interesting is the natural performance not only of the lead stars, but its supporting group. No wonder they enjoyed working with each other.

Man, I watched this up to episode 12 or so and just gave up. Before, I would've had more patience in watching dramas but nowadays, they have a hard time to keep me, after I lose interest.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

While the plot is not captivating (nothing really big acutally happens), I feel this show in still very good. The characters are very likeable and all the actors did a good job. Because of the natural way ppl were acting, sometimes I felt that they just turn on the camera and told the actors to do whatever. Some of the jokes were crude, but they still feel very natural.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

as a girl.. who loves love story dramas.. hahah this series to me was another poppy eye candy.. totally made for a girl kind of series.. i mean throughout the whole series it was full of sweet moments that gives you chills..
    it was ok i quess.. while being fan of Goong yoo and Eun hye..i can't help but feel that these actors dont really challenge themselves to get out of their typical "sweet boy/girl role"..Eun hye from "goong, to vineyard man to Coffee" the type of roles are almost the same except diffence in characters..While Gong yoo , it was the same too. From "star candy to one fine day" to now, i would hope he would find himself to play a more complicated character. But anyhow looking forward to his next projects.

I started watching this drama after a friend recommended it to me. It's cute and charming but nothing more and after awhile the whole routine gets a little boring. Having the usual quartet in a rather entangled love web doesn't help either. Somehow along the way, it seemed to me that the script writer totally forgot about the cafe business and focused all attention on relationship woes. 17 episodes certainly weren't needed to tell this story. I'm at episode 10 now and I'm not sure I'll make it much further.

Maybe Korean dramas generally do a better job at romances, when they're not living up to the usual cliches, but I love Japanese dramas so much more for their ability to set characters in a drama in a certain industry or on a certain area of interest with such a deft hand that we not only get to see the lives of the characters inside and outside of work but also a rather good, if romanticised, portrayal of their jobs and the industry they are in. They also inject the entire premise with such colour and verve that I've many a time wished I were a musician, lawyer, creative designer and wedding planner.

hey i think i've seen this series before but not so sure. If i see its pixs then i'll know. Does anybody have any pixs for this?

I saw the above posts a lot of ppl give up after ep 12, but I think it's worthed to continue, from ep 13 onwards it become less silly and more positive story IMO. I like it a lot when they all matured even when fighting among each other.. I'm still not finished yet 2 more episodes to go and the SP. But I have to agree the first 10 episodes is almost unbearable, it's getting better now although the pace still kinda slow.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    While the plot is not captivating (nothing really big acutally happens), I feel this show in still very good. The characters are very likeable and all the actors did a good job. Because of the natural way ppl were acting, sometimes I felt that they just turn on the camera and told the actors to do whatever. Some of the jokes were crude, but they still feel very natural.
    I agree with you, I feel the same way too.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    but I love Japanese dramas so much more for their ability to set characters in a drama in a certain industry or on a certain area of interest with such a deft hand that we not only get to see the lives of the characters inside and outside of work but also a rather good, if romanticised, portrayal of their jobs and the industry they are in. They also inject the entire premise with such colour and verve that I've many a time wished I were a musician, lawyer, creative designer and wedding planner.
    That's the problem with Japanese dramas; they are usually dry and are void of emotion, typical of Japanese society. I remember one Japanese reviewer confessing that he cried while watching Damo; this was the first time he/she cried while watching a TV drama. The only Japanese show that was truely "emotional" was Rouninji Kenshin OAV series. Never shed tears from watching a TV drama or even movie.

It is this "emotionless" property of Japanese dramas that puts it at disadvantage overseas, in spite of having a much higher production quality that typical Korean dramas.

I watched this series just because it's a boy/boy theme. It's very cute but after she confessed she's a girl I lost my interest completely. It would be nice to see them as the guy and his pretty boy boyfriend. That's more like it.

I really like his confession "I don't care if you're a guy or an alien I like you. Let's go as far as we can." Romantic desu ne... BL is rabu.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
    I watched this series just because it's a boy/boy theme. It's very cute but after she confessed she's a girl I lost my interest completely. It would be nice to see them as the guy and his pretty boy boyfriend. That's more like it.

I really like his confession "I don't care if you're a guy or an alien I like you. Let's go as far as we can." Romantic desu ne... BL is rabu.
    dah, I never finished this one after his mom is like "But he's a boy, now she's a girl?" No, you can't date her. Blah blah blah...it's so typical, once the boy and girl gets together after so many misunderstandings, there is always the last obstacle which is going through the parents.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis View Post

Ummm, are you a guy or a girl?