Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Review : Prince Coffee Shop No. 1

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Very few actresses really look genuine and good in male disguises.
    dramas will always be dramas.. can't come close to reality.. we just have to put our imagination to think that they actually look masculine..

i really like this series till this point..i guess i'm surprised that most people in this forum aren't enjoying it ..Eun Hye is such a good actress...This series really keep me entertained.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Yes, YEH does do well in the series, very convincing but the male lead is boring (imo not attractive) and some parts especially with Hong guy is kind of sick.

If there was another lead and the other actor to play the cousin, I think this series would attract more viewers.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

hmm, i have to say that YEH looks more convincing playing a "guy" than other girls in other series which the girl is pretending to be a guy but still looks like a girl!!!

although, that hairstyle really does not suit her at all. lol

this series seem alright.
    Make new friends,
    but keep the old.
    One is silver,
    the other is gold!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Very few actresses really look genuine and good in male disguises.
    Ella looks like a guy....without even having to apply make-up.. *surrenders* Fine, fine, that was kinda mean.

you guys have to watch ep 10---it's good...got me confused though whether the main lead like YEH because she's a guy...ummm...

yea im almost up to 10.
    i like it its funny at times, and its not too cheesy. YEH does a great job as a pretend male lead.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

while this series is cute.. i dont think it's the best out of the year. "capital scandal" is really great but yet it was so underrated.

Tuoimong: Goodness, I can't believe i'm actually doing this "watching it raw and reading the summaries" thing.

Even by doing that, this series is so good. After epi 10, I'm so anxious to know what is going to happen next so I watched 11, 12 raw.

Wow, after watching epi 12, as much as I love watching this series, I wish that it would just end at ep 12. It's just perfect right now.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Every important issues has some kind of resolution already. The two leads are so happy together now knowing the truth.

However, there are 6 eps left, i'm scared to find out what the writer has in-store for us. I hope that whatever it is, it's not going to be cheesy and ruin my love for this series so far.

aw man; you got up to 12 already? i already dled it but im waiting for the subs to come out.

but thanks for the spoilers. its nice to know it turned out that way.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    I've watched 2 episodes of this drama, and it's just alright. It's not that funny either, and it seems like a typical story, except for the gay part =P.
    Forget about what I just said ; I'm enjoying this drama very much. Its not the best ... but better than most of the other current ones. I'm at episode 10, and I'm hoping that it will move to what I'm expecting .
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I am up to episode 12 too. The series is kind of predictable from this point onwards. I don't want to spoil the next few episodes since I read the storyline on someone's blog. For some reason, I am getting bored with the series since I read the spoilers for episode 13 and 14.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions View Post
    I am up to episode 12 too. The series is kind of predictable from this point onwards. I don't want to spoil the next few episodes since I read the storyline on someone's blog. For some reason, I am getting bored with the series since I read the spoilers for episode 13 and 14.
    where did u read the spoilers at? ep 13 and 14 are not out yet right?
    so dont' you agreed with me that the series should just end at ep 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    Forget about what I just said ; I'm enjoying this drama very much. Its not the best ... but better than most of the other current ones. I'm at episode 10, and I'm hoping that it will move to what I'm expecting .
    episode 10 IS THE EPISODE...if you don't enjoy ep 10, you might as well just stop watching this series....heheheh

it will end at 16 however due to its popularity there will be 3 episodes bonus.. i think 1 episode as the ending and 2 episodes just recaps

Yes, I would stop at episode 12 but there are unanswered questions about Han kyul's parents, etc. HK still needs to make up with his father and find out about his birth. This is span the rest of the episodes.

At first, I didn't think it would be a popular show since the storyline was kind of boring. But seeing that they did expand the series, I guess I don't have the same taste as most. I thought the side stories like the coffee concert was lame and boring.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

i quess i'm over my phase for mushy dramas.. unlike most along the way i got really bore.. there was really nothing interesting going on the whole story.. basically they just work, see each other, flirt, thinking that he was gay.. i quess i was hoping for funny cup of coffee while i sense nothing funny in that cup...

the truth is...i thought this series was ok at first but since I read all these blogs on Coffee prince, they really hyped up the series for me..everyone seems to like it so muchl...then come ep 8-12, I so addicted...

I agree with you, tuoimongmo2007, the majority of the drama is about flirting, hey should I be gay, and working in the coffee shop. I think it was good that YEH took on this role cause it was challenging. Her character and acting are the reasons why this series got okay ratings. And yes, it is hyped up too much. The Vineyard Man was a better series than this even though the ratings were less. The series should end soon and the director should NOT extend the series (all hype). I don't think it cost much to make this series since the entire series has only a couple of locations: Han Kyul's car, the coffee shop, the cousin's house, and Eun Chan's house.
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

It's confirmed, there will be a few episode extensions...

Ok, can someone please tell me what's the relationship btw
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Hyul's biological father and adopted father? Aren't they brothers? so then why on Episode 13 ---According to dramabeans' summary,
    "Han Gyul tells her everything he’s learned today — his adopted father was friends with his birth parents, who’d divorced within a year, after which his birth father left for Australia. Shortly thereafter, his mother passed away in an accident, and his current family took him in and raised him as their own. " I swore I thought they were brother...