Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamada Taro monogatari

Default Yamada Taro monogatari

This serial starring Ninomiya Kazunari and Sho Sakurai prob should have a thread of its own.

The opening theme 'Happiness' by Arashi...

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v746662RD...4992622&rank=4

Default First thoghts

I heard that Taro is supposed to be really handsome in the drama? I think Nino doesn't have that but he's cute lah.

Saw the first epsiode....I don't feel its that fantastic as what most Arashi fans raved about, including my sister but its a fairly interesting show. Like the opening, the air guitar is a nice touch and the colourful background and music were not bad at all. like the theme song.

I compared Nino to Vic Zhou's yamada. I feel that Nino underplay the role, Vic's was more exaggerated but actually fitted in well for the show. The taiwan version felt more nonsensical and I didn't like the too much taiwan slang in it. For the taiwan version, I like the senior that had a crush on taro acted by Liu Gen hong, he was so funny! I think yah overall, so far, Nino doesn't have that sparkle to bring out taro's charisma. Taro feels more like a sweet little boy, I would think Vic Zhou's acting and casting was more convincing. Nino however is certaily more believable as a maid than Vic. Vic Zhou was hilarious in that maid role...he's too tall and man for it.

Sho on the other hand was more convinincg than Nino. Sho looked really cold and had tonnes of attitude.

I saw many promos for this serial. I think the Japanese overdo it when it comes to promoting their dramas when they are being shown...it seriously can overkill.

Forget to add, I saw this in E-Subs.....there's a lot of excitement for this drama I think...
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-08-07 at 03:55 AM.

a more complete version of the theme

http://matsubunny.vox.com/library/au...03a15be2b.html

I watched the special promo and first episode. Honestly, the prior made the latter seem much more appealing than it actually turned out to be. They do a convincing job with the previews, 'cause the one for episode 2 makes me want to continue watching. It looks really funny.

Nino is cute, but I find it hard to fathom girls fainting in Yamada Taro's presence or just because he talks to them. Sho has a good feel for the aloofness of his character, although personally I wouldn't classify him as princely or handsome.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    I watched the special promo and first episode. Honestly, the prior made the latter seem much more appealing than it actually turned out to be. They do a convincing job with the previews, 'cause the one for episode 2 makes me want to continue watching. It looks really funny.

Nino is cute, but I find it hard to fathom girls fainting in Yamada Taro's presence or just because he talks to them. Sho has a good feel for the aloofness of his character, although personally I wouldn't classify him as princely or handsome.
    yes, I agree, no matter how many times my sister defends Nino and Sho for their own appeal...I feel they are miscast looks-wise...have you seen the taiwanese version with Vic Zhou? Much more convincing...but as I mentioned in another thread, Jap versions seem more dull generally than the taiwan ones but classier while the taiwan ones are funnier usually.

I love that orchestra piece that Nino conducted with Sho on Piano in the 1st episode...I hope they include that in the soundtrack....

Who in your opinion do you think would be more convincing to be cast as Yamada?
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-11-07 at 01:38 AM.

i say uchi from NEWS, cause i watch gambatte and he had prince look. AIba could do it but his voice sound childish, if it two year ago i say jun cause i watch kimi wa petto, he had that happy go lucky kind of guy and had a presence of prince there. Even sho could do as yamada. i like nino alot, love watching him act, and his acting is good in here but i had to agree that i felt he is a really miscast. though i say i do enjoy watching yamada.

^I agree with that, Uchi is much more convincing than Nino for Yamada Taro, he certainly has the Prince aura about him, it is quite easy to picture girls swooning over him. I think Sho being casted as Yamada's best friend is convincing enough looks wise, Sho has quite rich guy's flair about him, though I think he's a bit too old to playing a high school student.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    ^I agree with that, Uchi is much more convincing than Nino for Yamada Taro, he certainly has the Prince aura about him, it is quite easy to picture girls swooning over him. I think Sho being casted as Yamada's best friend is convincing enough looks wise, Sho has quite rich guy's flair about him, though I think he's a bit too old to playing a high school student.
    Some people said Sho looked more like a teacher!!

Uchi? Not exactly my choice though nobody else springs to mind at the moment...I find Uchi too skinny and petite for the role.

Uchi is skinny definitely.... but petite?? Uchi is at least 1.75m!!
    Quite irrelevant, but click here for recent pictures of Uchi, he's currently doing a stage play with some older JE members, not offiicically back in Kanjani8 or NEWS yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    Uchi is skinny definitely.... but petite?? Uchi is at least 1.75m!!
    Quite irrelevant, but click here for recent pictures of Uchi, he's currently doing a stage play with some older JE members, not offiicically back in Kanjani8 or NEWS yet though.
    I think he looks petite because he is so skinny...

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    yes, I agree, no matter how many times my sister defends Nino and Sho for their own appeal...I feel they are miscast looks-wise...have you seen the taiwanese version with Vic Zhou? Much more convincing...but as I mentioned in another thread, Jap versions seem more dull generally than the taiwan ones but classier while the taiwan ones are funnier usually.

I love that orchestra piece that Nino conducted with Sho on Piano in the 1st episode...I hope they include that in the soundtrack....

Who in your opinion do you think would be more convincing to be cast as Yamada?
    No, I haven't seen the Taiwanese adaptation. I haven't watched a Taiwanese series in ages.

No one in particular really jumps out at me for the role of Yamada Taro either, but I think Yamapi would fit the bill in terms of looks. As for the role of Mimura Takuya, I'd opt for Matsuda Shota.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 07-11-07 at 06:40 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    No, I haven't seen the Taiwanese adaptation. I haven't watched a Taiwanese series in ages.

No one in particular really jumps out at me for the role of Yamada Taro either, but I think Yamapi would fit the bill in terms of looks. As for the role of Mimura Takuya, I'd opt for Matsuda Shota.

You know what, the taiwanese hana kimi was the first taiwan serial I watch since a long hiatus, that one is worth checking out, you can give that a shot.

Hmm....Pi as Yamada? I am not too sure about that..

As for Matsuda Shota, I have no idea who he is, I am going to google him to find out.

Pi though look pretty but still doesn't had the aura of the prince, i still say Uchi the best for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    You know what, the taiwanese hana kimi was the first taiwan serial I watch since a long hiatus, that one is worth checking out, you can give that a shot.

Hmm....Pi as Yamada? I am not too sure about that..

As for Matsuda Shota, I have no idea who he is, I am going to google him to find out.
    Yeah, I've heard a lot of good stuff about Hana Kimi TW, but still don't feel like coming off my hiatus just yet. Actually, I don't think it can even be considered a hiatus in my case since I've never really gotten into Taiwanese dramas in the first place.

Maybe Yamapi doesn't have a princely aura, but at least I can see girls falling fast and hard for him. Plus half the battle are the outfits. I'm not so sure about his acting chops, though. At least Nino has that going for him.

I'm guessing you haven't seen these series yet, but Shota plays a member of F4 in HYD and stars as Akiyama in LIAR GAME. He's one of those guys who just looks cool without even having to try. Plus I definitely feel that he has a high-class aura. Some pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5513/shota8io7.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3304/shota10ve5.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7721/shota9ea7.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4808/winkup200705matsuda011ds2.th.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

What is the name of the Taiwanese version?

Quote Originally Posted by L4love View Post
    What is the name of the Taiwanese version?
    Poor Prince Taro
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

wow, really? i heard that somewhere, mostly about vic zhou as the main guy. then this one must be from a manga.

Just finished episode 2...the part where the girl was daydreamimg they were princes was bak-sho des (made me really laugh) ..ha ha...! it was so lame...I am unable to catch up with just 2 dramas this summer season, having a difficult time just watching Yamada Taro...hana kimi....I am not even half-way done with episode 1....
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-14-07 at 06:12 PM.