Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Korean Cuisine

oo i tried 'ja jeang muen' today.. noodle with black bean paste.. it's reli nice!!
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    oo i tried 'ja jeang muen' today.. noodle with black bean paste.. it's reli nice!!

really. that's so funny but i went to KOMART ( korean market) for lunch yesterday and I saw Jajjman noodle but it didn't look to appetizing so I passed on it. I ordered Spicy Rice Cake instead. It was good.

i guess I'll try the noodle next time. So it's just noodle and black bean sauce, no meat or vegetables?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    really. that's so funny but i went to KOMART ( korean market) for lunch yesterday and I saw Jajjman noodle but it didn't look to appetizing so I passed on it. I ordered Spicy Rice Cake instead. It was good.

i guess I'll try the noodle next time. So it's just noodle and black bean sauce, no meat or vegetables?
    yea, it didn't look very pleasing but because my korean friend says it's nice, so i gave it a go.. mine has bits of pork in it.. very lil though.. i'm a meat person.. but it was so good that it didn't matter.. imo anyway.. ahhh, spicy rice cake, I lurveeee, especially with kimchi + spam + tuna.. hehehe
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Live octopuses that crawl around when you try to eat it. (Yes, Koreans like to eat live octopuses)

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Live octopuses that crawl around when you try to eat it. (Yes, Koreans like to eat live octopuses)

so when you eat it do you actually chew it or do you let it crawl into your throat?

and as u eat them.. their tentacles have lil holes which sucks to ur mouth... if not careful - it can block ur airway and cause some problem.. lol
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

SICK!!! I say we ban people from eating them alive. Any other 11 years olders like me want to protest?

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    SICK!!! I say we ban people from eating them alive. Any other 11 years olders like me want to protest?
    what about that stupid poison fish that peopl eat, those things are pretty dam dangerous too, i don't know why people bother.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    u mean u r 11???? now that's SICK.. lol.. actually pretty cool.. i don't even noe internet exist back then

hmm, usually they dun eat the whole thing.. only part of the tentacles.. but i guess the problem lies on them slaining the octopus alive.. or else, it's just like salmon.. hmm
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

and as u eat them.. their tentacles have lil holes which sucks to ur mouth... if not careful - it can block ur airway and cause some problem.. lol
    so how does it taste? good? fresh? nice? dip in soya sauce? do u use ur hand to pull the tentacles that sucks to ur mouth and chew on them again? ehehe curious.
    i wanted to try that too, but here seldom sell live octopus. or i should say, rarely see any octopus...

Ugh, That is nasty. I would not eat anything that is still moving or alive.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Ugh, That is nasty. I would not eat anything that is still moving or alive.
    tell me about it - i dun even like stuff raw.. - except maybe steak which can be partially, but not too much... hate raw meat and salmon..

to kacheek, omg did u get ur name from neopets? lol... anyway, i haven't tried it myself - just what I heard from this tv show...

p/s korean cold noodles are quite yummy!
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

lol. gotten this name from my fren. guess she's a neopet fans.
    oh, i tot u have tried eating live octopus. and i think it is nasty to eat that raw and alive. saw the man screaming when the lady tried to stuff the live octopus into his mouth for him to taste the freshness of the delicacy (as he refuses to eat that) in one of those travelling shows. hahah.

ok, i finally try [COLOR=#0000ff]Jajangmyun (korean black bean noodles)[/COLOR] and I'm totally disappointed. Maybe it's an acquired taste and maybe since i'm Viet, I thought it needed NUOC Man "fish sauce".
    The way they chowed it down on most Korean Series, i really it was going really really really good. But it wasn't, for me. I think JapCHAE and SPICY Rice Cake are much better.

^ so they tasted bad? was it spicy? or was it just sort of a beanish flavor?
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    ^ so they tasted bad? was it spicy? or was it just sort of a beanish flavor?

it wasn't nasty but ti wasn't that great..yeah, sorta a beanish flavor wth Hoisin sauce..heheheh

Isn't that just the same type of noodle found in Shanghai restaurants? The name sounds exactly the same in Korean as it does in Cantonese, as do the ingredients, though it's usually more brown than black. I imagine it's different beans or something but I would've thought most people of Asian/Chinese/Korean descent would know about it.

i like the marinated beef and pork korean barbeques have. but i hate the smell of my clothes after going to those restaurants.

Bibimbap is my favourite so far!