Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Korean Cuisine

Default Korean Cuisine

Watching Korean dramas has got me interested in what Korean Cuisine is like; and I've only gone to eat Korean food a few times so I don't know it all yet.

Does anyone know how to cook any Korean dishes and would like to share it with us?

Does anyone know what Sesame Porridge is? Is it just rice soup with sesame sprinkled in it?

What are some good Korean dishes that you've eaten and want to introduce to people?

Preferably, comments from personal experiences and knowledge.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-09-07 at 02:55 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_food

i just know they have kimchi, and that nasty noodle with raw egg mix in, i saw BOA ate it and i almost threw up watching, BTW if anyone never ate a raw egg before you don't know how nasty it is, and i mean "eat it" not just swallow it down. I did that once, i'll never do it again.

Pibimpap!
    (Pic and recipe in the link).
    It tastes best when served in a heated bowl carved out of stone (granite or similar).
    Yum yum!

Sigh... I miss Korean food!

PS: I've not tried the other 2 items (recipes) in the same link. Sorry.
    Pibimpap junkie!
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 07-09-07 at 05:09 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I love most stuff with Kim Chi or Gimchi as it's more appropriately called.. kimchi soup, kimchi pancake, kimchi fried rice.. YUMMM!!!

Another favourite I never fail to order is 'yuk gae jang' (dunno what it means but the menu translated it to spicy pork soup).. served with rice!!

And my friend likes to cook korean spicy rice cake (which is sort of like shanghai rice cake, except it's red colour and spicy!!)

My favourite side dish is of course kimchi and those jelly like slices.. forgot what they're called.. they're not spicy and served with soy sauce mixed with lil stuff..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

i'm crazy about tokpokki, pajeon (korean version of the pizza), samgyupsal(like bbq), gimbab (maki in japanese), pibimbab, dakgalbi (chicken stew with a spicy twist, kimchi-chige(kimchi soup) and an endless array of tempting dishes. just thinking about it makes me hungry and i've just eaten my breakfast
    The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://66.7.192.165/banners/full_banner2.jpg'), '')

kimbap and korean bbq are my favs.
    and kimchi is pretty spicy sometimes but you gotta love it when its the staple to korean food.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_food

i just know they have kimchi, and that nasty noodle with raw egg mix in, i saw BOA ate it and i almost threw up watching, BTW if anyone never ate a raw egg before you don't know how nasty it is, and i mean "eat it" not just swallow it down. I did that once, i'll never do it again.
    why talk about Boa, turn off

Raw egg ain't bad.. u don't eat sunny side up with running yolk center? As long as it is fresh eggs, it shouldn't be that bad

I can make my own kim chi ( maybe not the most authentic) but adjust to my liking. I can do some Korean bbq
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

what are those noodles that they have on korean dramas? i always see them with brown stuff over the top; then they mix it around and they eat it like that.

whats that called?

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    what are those noodles that they have on korean dramas? i always see them with brown stuff over the top; then they mix it around and they eat it like that.

whats that called?

this one?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jajangmyeon

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    yea! i always see the people slurping it down and leaving sauce mustaces on. lol

i want to try some now. does anyone know what it tastes like?

Is that the noodle the girl in Fantasy Couple likes to eat? I have always wanted to try it. She eats them like it's so good. Made me crave for it, even if I didn't know how it tasted like. kekkee

yeaaaaa! i got curious after watching Fantasy Couple lol!

yeah, they always seem to eat it in Super Rookie, theres a few dishes that they introduce in My Name is Kim Sam Soon, yeah, I think its a conspiracy, Korean producers are trying to promote their korean dishes.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Anyone have a recipe they want to share? Using ingredients that can be found at the local store. I searched for recipes online but they don't alter it to suit foreign customers. Korean cuisine is not something I can find in my town so I want to try and make it using ingredients found at my local Asian store.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Anyone have a recipe they want to share? Using ingredients that can be found at the local store. I searched for recipes online but they don't alter it to suit foreign customers. Korean cuisine is not something I can find in my town so I want to try and make it using ingredients found at my local Asian store.
    can u make kimchi? I did it.. fairly successful.

Is that the noodle the girl in Fantasy Couple likes to eat? I have always wanted to try it. She eats them like it's so good. Made me crave for it, even if I didn't know how it tasted like. kekkee
    I think it's called JaJangmyun--black bean noodle...

check out this site for recipe...
    http://www.trifood.com/chajangmyun.html

after watching so many kdramas, I have become a freak and got into cooking korean food also..

I have masterd cooking JAPCHAE ( glass noodle ----in Full House, it ws Rain's fave dish)

Also, I'm addicted to SOJU and I actually make that crazy noise after i drink it..

( my family want to send to INTERVENTION...heheheh)
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

can u make kimchi? I did it.. fairly successful.
    Stop bragging, you said that already! I do know how to make it actually. And my Korean friends like it a lot! I love it too!

Candee.. Thanks for the link. I'm going to try it one of these days. I will watch Fantasy Couple again just to see how she eats it. hehehehe

Stop bragging, you said that already! I do know how to make it actually. And my Korean friends like it a lot! I love it too!

listen missy, you were asking for recipes and I didn'tknow u can make Kim chi . If a form of sharing recipes as a form of bragging, well, I guess I should stop "braggin".

IF u don't want my help that I won't say anything anymore.

why talk about Boa, turn off

Raw egg ain't bad.. u don't eat sunny side up with running yolk center? As long as it is fresh eggs, it shouldn't be that bad

I can make my own kim chi ( maybe not the most authentic) but adjust to my liking. I can do some Korean bbq
    i think you're talking about semi cooked egg, the one i ate was raw, crack the egg eat it with porrage, man that thing has this weird stench to it.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    i think you're talking about semi cooked egg, the one i ate was raw, crack the egg eat it with porrage, man that thing has this weird stench to it.
    I think hot vit lon looks funkier than hot vit muoi. I mean, there are italian dishes with pasta where cooked pasta is tossed on a plate and a raw egg is placed on it. people eat it like that, called carbonara?