Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bing Kuen 《兵權》 (1988)

Default Bing Kuen 《兵權》 (1988)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1564/binhquyenmk7.jpg')

Anyone seen this old series?
    I think this is the only ancient series Leon Lai starred in.

Anyone know what year this was made?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-09-09 at 08:32 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Bing Kuen is 1988 production.

Here is the opening video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2-k1OEVheQ

Leon has another ancient series, but I forget the title. His character is a king.
    Last edited by shaw_mag; 07-11-07 at 07:43 PM.

I remember that series, I so wanted to knock Maggie in the head for not choosing Leon. He looked so cute in that show. I wouldn't mind seeing that series again but I don't think it was release in vcd or dvd.

Do you know if that's Lawerence Ng or his brother who plays Gordon Liu's younger brother?

The cast is so unique. Is Gordon's role here significant?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by shaw_mag View Post
    Leon has another ancient series, but I forget the title. His character is a king.
    Chun Man Kung Chuen Ki
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NIe8eMqDIkI

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Do you know if that's Lawerence Ng or his brother who plays Gordon Liu's younger brother?

The cast is so unique. Is Gordon's role here significant?
    Gordon Liu is the male lead.

I really like this series too. Gordon Liu plays the founder of the Song dynasty. Basically, this is the story of him when he was young. No, Leon was in other ancient series. HE was also in that one series with Jacqueline Law as well, which I forgot the name of. But the Viet title is Tan Van Cong Chuyen Ky. Anyways, Bing Kuen was made in 1988. I can't wait to see this series again one day.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Haven't seen it, but I might look for it just because Austin Wai is in it.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I've done the math, Leon Lai was only 22 years old when he was in this series, while Gordon Liu was 33 years old.

I'm surprised TVB actually gave Gordon an important role, nowadays he's usually appears as someone's dad or some high martial artist.

Eddie Kwan Lai Kit is also in this series as well.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-11-07 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    Actually I remember this series...and remember i liked it...

i wonder where i can get it

i've seen this, but i have no recolection of the plot. i rented it a few years back jsut cause i love maggie but they were missing so many episodes i never could ge ta hold of how the plot went and gave up.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

I'm just watching "A Change of Destiny" now and wow, Austin and Gordon's characters appear in it. So it's almost like Bing Kuen is a prequel "historical" lesson for "A Change of Destiny".

BK is a good series. Leon Lai's character reminded me of Chor Lau Heung, sometimes. I haven't seen the last two episodes, yet. But I keep waiting for him to reveal that he found out that Gordon was the little boy that he met as a kid and became friends with, but so far he hasn't said a thing about it. Hopefully, when I pick up and watch the last 2 eps, he'll mention it.

Leon is so cute in this series also this is the first of his series I watch and i really like him .

I haven't seen this series for a long time so I don't really remember everything about it, but I really liked it. I remember the ending really well for some odd reason... Maggie Siu was really pretty in here....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I haven't seen this series for a long time so I don't really remember everything about it, but I really liked it. I remember the ending really well for some odd reason... Maggie Siu was really pretty in here....
    You didn't get my PM?

Which PM? You mean the one with the link? Sorry I didn't click it... What was it a link for??

I am watching this series now in Mandarin. I don't really understand it because my Mandarin is not fluent so can someone please give me a sypnosis of the series. I only know that Gordon Liu will become the founder of the Song Dynasty. Btw, I find it suprising that TVB actually gave him the lead role. I mean he isn't that good-looking in my opinion.

Leon is cute and his character is pretty funny sometimes. I'm looking forward to his character and relationship with Maggie. Maggie is also pretty and cute here, just that I don't really like that hairstyle.

What will Austin Wai be playing? I never really appreciated this actor. I've watched a few series of him and he plays the same types of roles. The cold-blooded assasin or some top martial arts fighter. No offense to his fans, but his characters just don't interest me.

The plot seems quite interesting and that was the reason I gave it a try, but the cast doesn't seem strong even though they are all good actors. Will Maggie be like the only female in this series. The only other one that appeared so far was Wong Yee Kum. I have always been looking for her series and didn't know she was here until I read the cast. I'm interested in her ever since I've seen her in The Grand Canal. Does anyone know any info on her. I only know that she was winner of this TVB thing, Miss TV in 1986. Thanks.

I actually have this series on vhs. it had been a long time since i watched it though. i don't remember much about it, but i think maggie had a thing for gordon in this. gordon joins the army with austin whose family gets kill by the khitans. they also meet up with that girl whose godfather gets killed by burning himself with these important documents that the khitans were after. this group encounters benz hui and become oath brothers and sister together. they all join the army together and the girl has to pretend to be a guy to make it. gordon gets together with the other girl that he joined the academy with. i think austin liked that girl too. toward the end, austin and gordon has a fight but don't remember over what. again i don't remember much from it, it had been a while, i might take another look at it. sorry.

I watched this series, but never finished it. What happened in the end. Did Leon and Maggie end up alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Which PM? You mean the one with the link? Sorry I didn't click it... What was it a link for??
    Yes, It's the link to watch this series, but I guess you never bothered to click on it. So you miss out.