Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOLDEN BRIDE--Kdrama SBS

Quote Originally Posted by starcandy View Post
    Off topic,

there are also some Vietnamese women who are married to Singaporean (don't know the statistics). Have seen them around and notice that they are usually not too bad looking. Are most Viet girls/ women good looking? The most famous of course being Maggie Q (half viet)....she is gorgeous
    hahah it's just funny the way you ask if viet women are good looking.. in all races there are some good looking people and some not..

while being vietnamese myself i can state that viet girls are ok looking..they dont have that hotness like korean or girls from western countries.. our look is more of girl next door.. not very often where you would find a really hot viet gal... The main reason because of most of us are petite and we tend to look really young.. which i dont mind because at at early 20s i still look like i'm 16 which i love..heheh
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 09-20-07 at 01:31 AM.

well there are cute viet girls and there also ugly ones also..hehhehe
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    wow, I do like this series. SIlly but I can actually understand the female lead speaks Vietnamese. She's not bad and her portrayal of a " FRESH Of the Boat" Viet is pretty convincing.

I'm currently watching GET Karl, Oh Young! Hana Kimi, 9 End and 2 Outs, Golden Bride...

Golden Bride is my fav out of the top series...
    I know, most of the time, I couldn't understand what she she said in Viet. Very very hard to understand, but what's worst is the tour guy, his Vietnamese is worst. I can't understand a word he said, sounds to me like he spoke with a very strong Korean accent.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    Candee... the majority of viets who lived in korea are overseas workers.. some of them can't find jobs in Vietnam so they come over to work in Korea. It sort of like some teachers that comes to china to teach or other countries to work for some companies. So most of the vietnamese there are over 30s or so. There are some vietnames brides.

all the good series ended.. now i have nothing else to watch.. everything else is like historical drama.. "i am sam" kinda boring.. "time of dog" ending was rather disappointing...aiaya... started off good ...bad ending... when will it ever be good throughout the whole series
    I agree, i just finished with Coffee Prince and Time of wolf and dog, now there's nothing good to watch besides Golden Bride, it's probably the most entertaining one out there right now. Agree with you, the ending of Time of Dog and Wolf isn't the best. I was a little confused.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    hahah it's just funny the way you ask if viet women are good looking.. in all races there are some good looking people and some not..

while being vietnamese myself i can state that viet girls are ok looking..they dont have that hotness like korean or girls from western countries.. our look is more of girl next door.. not very often where you would find a really hot viet gal... The main reason because of most of us are petite and we tend to look really young.. which i dont mind because at at early 20s i still look like i'm 16 which i love..heheh

ha ha its silly of me that I asked if viet girls are pretty...

reason for asking is bcos I only see better looking ones around (in singapore), maybe that's why got married at the first place?

reason for asking is bcos I only see better looking ones around (in singapore), maybe that's why got married at the first place?
    but Starcandy.. i think most of the girls that marry off to other places are mostly country girls that families desperately need to make money to survive.. they consists of small population of good looking viet gals.. i may sound bais but not many are that good looking... The really good looking girls are found in the city.

I think becaue the better looking ones are usually get picked up first..

For instance, the guys in America want to go back to VietNam to married Modelsin Vietnam since they can't get one in America. (Guys that get rejected by American-Viet Girls can go back to VN to married pretty ones)---I think.

OK, the half-way update

click to show/hide spoilers
    - Nguyen Jinjoo's father is a wealthy businessman. He's desperately trying to cover up his paternity.

i can already guess who he is already...can't wait. so enjoying this series.

sad but this is the only series im currently watching...you guys should give it a shot...subs are out till episode 36 already..

it's a good series so far...

The show has been extended and is now in dreaded dragging mode.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    The show has been extended and is now in dreaded dragging mode.
    No way! are you serious? Isn't 50 episodes long enough? Extend to how many more?? Evidently, you are also watching this series,eh?

Okay CanDee, I was so bored this weekend that I decided to give this series a try. It's pretty good so far, I'm on episode 14 I believe. I can't believe it's going to be 50 episodes.

I like this series so far because of the new storyline. An imported bride for a man with a disorder. And it's not a fairlytale kinda feeling, even though some parts I wish it was. I just don't like it when the main guy can't get over his ex-girl. Ji Young and her life is pretty realistic too. She's struggling to hide her family background and her own past. And when her mother in law found out about her family, she gets treated very bad. It doesn't take a few 'I'm truly sorry' or some fairytale reason for her mom in law to 'accept' her like before.

One thing I don't like about this series is the character Jin Joo. She is soooooooo ANNOYING! I don't know if it's the scriptwriter's fault or something, but she is truly annoying! I'd slap her if I was the main guy. Everytime she's suppose to take care of him, she ends up acting stupid. I don't know if her character isn't suppose to fully understand her husband's illness or if she's just stupid.

An example, when she followed him on that hiking trip. She just hops around and goes way ahead of him and he gets that panic attack. She doesn't see him sitting on the ground until minutes later. And she keeps forcing/annoying him to eat or drink water. I mean seriously, just offer him the food and water, if he's hungry I'm sure he'll eat it. But he says no, like 10 times but she still pushes in his face that he knocks it away. And in the end she falls down and hurts herself and becomes a responsibility for him.

I just wanna know what else is going to happen in this series. I don't mind spoilers and actually, I prefer to know what happens ahead of time. If anyone can provide some spoilers it would be nice.
    Last edited by GuGu; 11-20-07 at 01:28 AM.

OK, the half-way update

- Nguyen Jinjoo's father is a wealthy businessman. He's desperately trying to cover up his paternity.
    LOL, I think I guessed who he was like in the 1st or 2nd episode. What I want to know is why he is covering it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I just wanna know what else is going to happen in this series. I don't mind spoilers and actually, I prefer to know what happens ahead of time. If anyone can provide some spoilers it would be nice.
    The show has been extended by 30 episodes and is now in superdragging mode. Even worse, it is not even about the life of a Vietnamese bride anymore. Jinjoo's character has been reduced to that of a supporting character, with the focus of show shifting to 30-year dispute bewteen two matriarchs of two families. It is just another family soap opera with dirty tricks and secrets to expose.

While this may sound shocking to Vietnamese fans, but something like does happen quite often, with original leads taking a backseat and somebody else taking over the storyline.

The show has been extended by 30 episodes and is now in superdragging mode. Even worse, it is not even about the life of a Vietnamese bride anymore. Jinjoo's character has been reduced to that of a supporting character, with the focus of show shifting to 30-year dispute bewteen two matriarchs of two families. It is just another family soap opera with dirty tricks and secrets to expose.

While this may sound shocking to Vietnamese fans, but something like does happen quite often, with original leads taking a backseat and somebody else taking over the storyline.
    i guess i'm ok with that because i'm not watching any other series....

I know, Jinjoo at this point can be annoying but you will grow to love her..

I hope you will continue to watch this series...I really like the main's actor family relationship..how close they are and how they support each other..I like to watch series that show that kind of closeness ...

the two main leads will fall in love and their relationship is really sweet...

Oh no! I hate family problems! I'm going to wait for it to end before I continue because I like to fast forward a lot of part. I just get the main storyline of the story and I'm good. I hate stupid conflicts that just take up screen time.

CanDee, when do they fall in love with each other and turn 'sweet'? About what episode? I'll just skip to that part.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Oh no! I hate family problems! I'm going to wait for it to end before I continue because I like to fast forward a lot of part. I just get the main storyline of the story and I'm good. I hate stupid conflicts that just take up screen time.

CanDee, when do they fall in love with each other and turn 'sweet'? About what episode? I'll just skip to that part.

GuGu darling, just watch the whole series so you can appreciate it more..promise. I'm on ep 41 and so still liking it...

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    GuGu darling, just watch the whole series so you can appreciate it more..promise. I'm on ep 41 and so still liking it...
    Okay, I'll watch it when all the episodes are out. You better let me know if it's happy ending or not.