Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOLDEN BRIDE--Kdrama SBS

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    She does look very vietnamese to me. However i wish they would made prettier ao dai for her. Some of them are rather plain. People should see how beautiful our dresses are.
    She said she got her aodai in the show from a street vender in Vietnam herself.

A good comparison would be Kim Ok Bin's prior performance as a Vietnamese bride in "Hanoi Bride". While she doesn't look too Vietnamese, people said her Vietnamese was more convincing than Yi Young Ah's.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://dc2.dcinside.com/newsinside/interview/okvin13.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://easylike.net/tt/attach/1/411239.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://easylike.net/tt/attach/1/841070.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/GalleryImage/r_g0000001127_8_01.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/GalleryImage/r_g0000001127_8_04.jpg')

i guess her ao dai has to be plain because supposinlgy she's not rich...it would be veeery funny if she wore ao dai those girls from paris by night would wear..

as for comparison to kim Ok bin, i need to re-watch Hanoi Bride to see..
    I'm so biased but since after i finished watching OVER the Rainbow, I can't get myself to like her.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    i guess her ao dai has to be plain because supposinlgy she's not rich...it would be veeery funny if she wore ao dai those girls from paris by night would wear..

as for comparison to kim Ok bin, i need to re-watch Hanoi Bride to see..
    I'm so biased but since after i finished watching OVER the Rainbow, I can't get myself to like her.
    true true.. i think Kim ok bin look better in them because her body is more slender..i dont know...some girls look good in them some dont.. lolz but for one.. if you're short.. ao dai is not the best thing to wear...lolz

true true.. i think Kim ok bin look better in them because her body is more slender..i dont know...some girls look good in them some dont.. lolz but for one.. if you're short.. ao dai is not the best thing to wear...lolz

true..ao dai is not for everyone..only skinny people wear it nicely...as for being short, Platforms will do..hehehhe

let see here..i'm still watching this long series..have a good feeling that this series will be dubbed in Vietnamese next year..they need to..

it's still very interesting but i feel the main lead actress is too over-exaggerating with her acting....

it's also very interesting watching this series to see and hear some of the comments and reactions they made about Vietnam/vietnamese people.

like for instance, when JinJoo arrived to Seoul, the mother and aunt were embarrassed and didnt' want everyone to know that she's a bride from VN...

Golden Bride is starting to be pretty addictive. they have up to ep15 eng subs already.

I watch up to 16 episodes with english subs of golden bride. Being that I'm also Vietnamese and Chinese it caught my interest. I cant believe its 50 episodes long. I'm not sure if i can watch that much i usually get bored. Being american born i know about some of the vietnamese culture. I know that selling off brides are happening everywhere not just in Vietnam but actually hearing all the post above it really makes me sad. I guess I'm really luckly that I'm not one of those girls. I hope this drama gets better then it is and not stuck in a slow pace.

it's pretty long and it's very slow pace but i'm pretty entertained. This series has alot of family relationships. I guess it might be fast-faced from episode 30 going forward when we find out all these hidden secrets.

off subject--For Viet Viewers--Have you watch Paris by Night in Korea?

I never knew they were so much Vietnamese people living in Korea. That is pretty cool.

I'm so enjoying this series..i can see that even though it's 50 episodes, it will be a good one. I like how every episode it not fast paced but it's ok, it still keep it audience, ME, still going and wanting more.

Candee... the majority of viets who lived in korea are overseas workers.. some of them can't find jobs in Vietnam so they come over to work in Korea. It sort of like some teachers that comes to china to teach or other countries to work for some companies. So most of the vietnamese there are over 30s or so. There are some vietnames brides.

all the good series ended.. now i have nothing else to watch.. everything else is like historical drama.. "i am sam" kinda boring.. "time of dog" ending was rather disappointing...aiaya... started off good ...bad ending... when will it ever be good throughout the whole series
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 09-11-07 at 11:49 PM.

Candee... the majority of viets who lived in korea are overseas workers.. some of them can't find jobs in Vietnam so they come over to work in Korea. It sort of like some teachers that comes to china to teach or other countries to work for some companies. So most of the vietnamese there are over 30s or so. There are some vietnames brides.

all the good series ended.. now i have nothing else to watch.. everything else is like historical drama.. "i am sam" kinda boring.. "time of dog" ending was rather disappointing...aiaya... started off good ...bad ending... when will it ever be good throughout the whole series
    i know what you mean...i just finished an episode of Get Karl, Oh Sung and i swear i was falling asleep..and there's 9 end 2 outs, it ok..Golden Bride seems to be the only series i'm reallhy into righ now...

i know what you mean...i just finished an episode of Get Karl, Oh Sung and i swear i was falling asleep..and there's 9 end 2 outs, it ok..Golden Bride seems to be the only series i'm reallhy into righ now...
    actually "get karl" as the series progresses it gets better and better.. i think it's quite cute and funny.. because my favorite singer is Uhm jung hwa and i like oh ji ho too it makes me enjoy it even more.. Her acting has always been good.

GOlden bride..long series aren't my thing..i just want to know the ending..tha'ts good enough for me..but it's pretty predictable.. they're really fall in love and all is good.. so saves me a trip to watch it..kekek

i saw "the four gods' yesterday..wow Bae young jun is so handsome..

wow, I do like this series. SIlly but I can actually understand the female lead speaks Vietnamese. She's not bad and her portrayal of a " FRESH Of the Boat" Viet is pretty convincing.

I'm currently watching GET Karl, Oh Young! Hana Kimi, 9 End and 2 Outs, Golden Bride...

Golden Bride is my fav out of the top series...

Sorry for being off topic but just curious. Is'nt it derogatory to call a vietnamese person viet? I know in Anglo societies saying Jap or other short forms is considered offensive. It's OK with you? Also what's the Vietnamese look?

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    Sorry for being off topic but just curious. Is'nt it derogatory to call a vietnamese person viet? I know in Anglo societies saying Jap or other short forms is considered offensive. It's OK with you? Also what's the Vietnamese look?
    I don't find it offensive..

Bella, are you vietnamese?

I don't find it offensive..

Bella, are you vietnamese?
    No, I am not, just Anglo-educated Asian.

Bella, that is an interesting question..I personally never find it offensive if you someone called me " the viet girl" or using the term Viet. If you dont' mind, Im going to do survey in another forum and see waht's the response from other Vietnamese people in here ok? Thanks

Bella, that is an interesting question..I personally never find it offensive if you someone called me " the viet girl" or using the term Viet. If you dont' mind, Im going to do survey in another forum and see waht's the response from other Vietnamese people in here ok? Thanks

Good, I'' check it out ( general topics?). Also include what's the Vienamese look...

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    Good, I'' check it out ( general topics?). Also include what's the Vienamese look...
    Bella, check the survey out in Academia ( Lounge)

Off topic,

there are also some Vietnamese women who are married to Singaporean (don't know the statistics). Have seen them around and notice that they are usually not too bad looking. Are most Viet girls/ women good looking? The most famous of course being Maggie Q (half viet)....she is gorgeous