Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOLDEN BRIDE--Kdrama SBS

Default GOLDEN BRIDE--Kdrama SBS

I LOOKED EVERYWHERE TO MAKE SURE THERE'S NOT A THREAD FOR THIS ALREADY...NO THERE ISN'T SO HERE I'M GOING TO START A THREAD FOR IT.

I guess since I'm vietnamese, this series really catches my attention.
    I never realized that so many Viet girls are being married to Korean men.

Got this from somewhere:
    Maybe Dramawiki..

Title: 황금신부 / Golden Bride
    Genre: Romance
    Episodes: 50
    Broadcast network: SBS
    Broadcast period: 2007-Jun-23
    Air time: Saturdays & Sundays 20:45 (8:45 Korean time)

Synopsis
    Jin Joo is a half Korean and Vietnamese girl who marries a Korean man, Kang Joon Woo, in order to come to Korea to look for her biological father who abandoned her. The drama is not only about her searching for her dad but also about the cultural differences between her and her husband’s family. There is bad blood between the two families, Kim and Kang. The rivalry is even more fueled since Ji Young is still in love with her ex-boyfriend, Joon Woo, even though she is married to Young Min. Kang Sae Mi is Joon Woo’s sister and Kim Young Soo is Young Min’s younger brother. They want to get married but both families oppose their marriage which leads to the two young lovers living together and expecting a baby out of wedlock. Kang Won Mi is the thoughtless, old maid elder sister of Joon Woo.
    Cast
    Lee Young Ah as Nguyen Jin Joo
    Song Chang Ui as Kang Joon Woo
    Choi Yeo Jin as Ok Ji Young
    Song Jong Ho as Kim Young Min

I watched the first episode and I thought it was pretty interesting....Only drawback is that it's going to be 50 episodes --Ewww!

For Viet member, there are VIET Subtitles for this series up to episode 4 already in Veoh....My only problem is that I can't read Vietnamese too well...it was painful trying to read it.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    I never realized that so many Viet girls are being married to Korean men.
    That's a tragedy. These men who are marrying Viet girls are the ones who should never be married to anyone, mostly farmers and manual laborers, and the whole "Viet girl matchmaking" industry is little better than human trafficking. This is no fairy tale and this series will reflect just that.

This is a 50 episode drama! I can barely stand a 16 episode! I might end up watching the beginning episode and the end. ehhehee

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    That's a tragedy. These men who are marrying Viet girls are the ones who should never be married to anyone, mostly farmers and manual laborers, and the whole "Viet girl matchmaking" industry is little better than human trafficking. This is no fairy tale and this series will reflect just that.
    i know...this would be a good subject for discussion.
    Language Barrier...how will those girls survive in Korea not knowing the language...gosh.

i'm so interested and so want to learn more re this subject so I'm glad this series will reflect it..

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    This is a 50 episode drama! I can barely stand a 16 episode! I might end up watching the beginning episode and the end. ehhehee
    better than that, let me finish this series first then I'll give you the thumb up or down...So i'll let you know in 6 months because that's how long it will be..hehehe

sorry for being off the subject for just a bit...

JonDoe, i'm assuming that you live in Korea right? I'm guessing that Viet girl living in Korea are not too popular with the korean people right? Just wondering...

For instance in Flower of My life, it seems like that one Viet girl was treated very badly bc she was a Bride from VN.

Unhappy

JonDoe, i'm assuming that you live in Korea right?
    I live in New York.

I'm guessing that Viet girl living in Korea are not too popular with the korean people right?
    Koreans are extremely xenophobic. No foreigners(including Korean citizens of foreign descent) are welcome. Foreign nationals looking like Koreans(Lots of actors/actresses and singers you see on screen) are welcome on the other hand. Racism is simply disgusting and unbelievable.

For instance in Flower of My life, it seems like that one Viet girl was treated very badly bc she was a Bride from VN.
    Bingo. And it is not just Viets who face the racism, but Chinese, Russians, and even Americans as well.

The most infamous case is Wang Ji Hyun, widely believed to be ethnic Chinese but consistently denied by her management firm. Even a superstar like her constantly fear the backlash should her true ethnic origin be confirmed, so imagine what it's like for the ordinary people.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.siamzone.com/star/pic2/jeonjihyun/004.jpg')

being vietnamese myself i feel so remorse for these girls.. it's our own people selling off our people..in the recent years they caught a couple of people who are selling girls across the sea for laborer.. are they even human? sometimes thinking about makes me want to kill them..

though being a poor country with such a big population.. it's bound to happen..

i can't imagined how horrible it must be for these girls..marrying those low life farmers..most are old and undeducated..

most koreans valued their culture very much..they think they are above everybody else..unless you're japanese or chinese.. other countries..they just think they are nothing..

i can't imagined how horrible it must be for these girls..marrying those low life farmers..most are old and undeducated..
    Well, it is a two-sided story. Although Vietnamese/ brides primarily marry farmers(Professionals marry Russians/Eastern Europeans), about half of these farmers are actually competent and are surprisingly wealthy(The land they farm on are worth several million dollars and Korea's farm product price is one of highest in the world). It is just that they couldn't find a local girl who would marry a farmer, so they are forced to seek Vietnamese brides who "understood country life". Such unions do result in a stable long term marriages and Vietnamese brides are highly valued as wives and mothers in their community, which saw a significant population decrease prior to the arrival of Vietnamese brides. 30~60% of elementary school students in the country side now have foreign born mothers, and it is these country sides that are actually accepting and open to Vietnamese/Southeast Asian women as one of their own.

On the other hand, half of bride-seekers are clearly unfit for marriage to anyone, yet they have no trouble finding Vietname brides because their local county governments are determined to reverse population decrease by finding a Vietnamese bride for every single one of these unfit men at tax-payer's expense, and these marriages usually end in failure. But the trend is definitely toward Vietnamization of country side, and you can observe it by visiting elementary schools. While farmers themselves are OK with it, the city dwellers and even North Koreans are offended by this trend, showing how deeply rooted this Xenophobia really is.

most koreans valued their culture very much..they think they are above everybody else..unless you're japanese or chinese.. other countries..they just think they are nothing..
    Well, Japanese are hated while Chinese are looked down upon. Hence Wang Ji Hyun's fierce denial of her Chinese ethnic origin. Only western Europeans and white Americans get any respect in Korea.

Well, Japanese are hated while Chinese are looked down upon. Hence Wang Ji Hyun's fierce denial of her Chinese ethnic origin. Only western Europeans and white Americans get any respect in Korea.
    i dont know much about koreans myself ... but most of my friends who seems befriend with alot of koreans in our school..which mostly made up of international students..largely portion japanese and koreans, chinese too.. vietnamese are rather in small number..
    from their observation ..they said that most koreans have a thinking that they are inferior than others.. the reason that they think Japan is somewhat up there it's because Japan is one of the leading countries in economy...

you may said that farmers are rich folks..it may not be in all cases.. it would be a small amount of that population.. i dont see happiness in marrying someone whom you dont really have a choice in choosing.. but they are the one choosing you..
    the only that could possible goes through their minds is that they have to survive..with it they must endure it for their families for the better future..

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    from their observation ..they said that most koreans have a thinking that they are inferior than others
    The others refer to western Europeans and white Americans.

the reason that they think Japan is somewhat up there it's because Japan is one of the leading countries in economy...
    The primary emotion attached to Japan is that of hatred. These people are brainwashed to hate Japan from the first grade and this effect lasts a life time. Other than that, this is really a combination of superiority/inferiority complex, as they feel superior in what they are superior at(like superior height and physical strength, mean IQ score, better consumer electronics, entertainment industry, etc) while feeling inferior in what they are inferior at(like cars, music, public manner and law abiding, etc). It wasn't like this just a decade ago, but the perspectives changed quite a bit since.

you may said that farmers are rich folks..it may not be in all cases..
    Well, I never said all, but a good number of them are. Anyone who watched the "Vineyard Man" may remember that 3 hectare small vineyad was worth $2.2 million even though it was located at a remote location, and it was this vineyard that Yun Eun Hye's character was trying to inherit. Average farmer's land holding is indeed worth millions.

.. i dont see happiness in marrying someone whom you dont really have a choice in choosing.. but they are the one choosing you..
    Happiness is a relative term.

the only that could possible goes through their minds is that they have to survive..with it they must endure it for their families for the better future..
    And the other option would have been to stay in Vietnam. It is really the question of lessor evil.

Since Vietnam is such a poor counry, maybe some Viet girls might live a better life in Korea. Maybe some doesn't have much option...I guess we have to think in a lighter side, maybe some girl might ended up with loving husband.

I guess we have to continue watching this series to learn more or understand more..

Since Vietnam is such a poor counry, maybe some Viet girls might live a better life in Korea. Maybe some doesn't have much option...I guess we have to think in a lighter side, maybe some girl might ended up with loving husband.

I guess we have to continue watching this series to learn more or understand more..
    Korea isn't the real problem. China is currently short of 30 million brides and see Vietnam as the source of imported brides. It will mean the potential loss of millions of young women in Vietnam and will have a lasting consequence comparable to a war.

Korea isn't the real problem. China is currently short of 30 million brides and see Vietnam as the source of imported brides. It will mean the potential loss of millions of young women in Vietnam and will have a lasting consequence comparable to a war.
    that's pretty sad to know..imagine that some of the young women might be my cousin I've never met or know of..

I see that the rating for this series is not that high, maybe 15%..hope it will goes up in the next few episodes...

I'm watching this now, pretty good.

Owner of www.enjoyyaself.com
    myspace.com/yolightskin
    rawr! Black people enjoy Drama's to damnit

there was a part on episode 2 that made me laugh so hard...

pretty funny..( I dont' think I need to put spoiler tag because it's not going to ruin it for anyone..)

during a matchmaking section with one of the viet girl, this question was asked "Why do you want to marry a Korean Man?'

The girl answered ..." I watch alot of korean dramas and I think the men are so handsome, nice and rich....blah..blah...blah..so I dont' mind being married to one.."

Funny thing is that I would prolly use the same reason...heheheh...

OOPSY!

Btw, didnt' realized this but I'm SPCNET ---Senior MEMBER NOw..heheheh

OOPSY!

Btw, didnt' realized this but I'm SPCNET ---Senior MEMBER NOw..heheheh
    lolz.. i didn't even notice about the senior member thing unitl u mention.. i did post alot.. i din't know it was like 500 posts already..oh well good practice for english...

about what you said about ep 2..i didn't watch it yet bc i'm currently too busy with "capital scandal" and Lee jun ki new series "time of dog and wolf"..

her answer is pretty funny...but how could marriage be taken so lightly?lolz.. lucky enough in this drama ..her husband is handsome

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    lolz.. i didn't even notice about the senior member thing unitl u mention.. i did post alot.. i din't know it was like 500 posts already..oh well good practice for english...

about what you said about ep 2..i didn't watch it yet bc i'm currently too busy with "capital scandal" and Lee jun ki new series "time of dog and wolf"..

her answer is pretty funny...but how could marriage be taken so lightly?lolz.. lucky enough in this drama ..her husband is handsome

yeah...u know the lead female character is starting to look vietnamese to me until she start talking in viet...some lines sounded pretty good but most of the other time, it's so funny.

yeah...u know the lead female character is starting to look vietnamese to me until she start talking in viet...some lines sounded pretty good but most of the other time, it's so funny.
    lolz.. i dont blame her it's hard to sound like a native when you only have 3 months to learn. She does look very vietnamese to me. However i wish they would made prettier ao dai for her. Some of them are rather plain. People should see how beautiful our dresses are.