Thread: Which discussions are you sick of?

Default Which discussions are you sick of?

Which topics have been discussed to death, and you get a headache if you see one more thread dedicated to it?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Hmmmm....

I actually enjoy some of the versus discussions but not for:

YG vs GJ
    The Four Greats
    Sweeper vs Dugu
    or much of any more discussions of ROCH vs LOCH characters

Oh, like you need to ask?

SWORD GOD Zhou Bufan!

To be fair, SWORD GOD has sort of vanished from the discussion in recent months, but given the sheer overload and excess of his exposure last year, I'd say you guys packed a *decade's* worth of SWORD GOD discussion into just a few months.

definitely YG vs GJ, for sure. i get tired just thinking about it.

one discussion i don't see much of anymore is JY fighters vs GL fighters. it'd be nice to see a comparison or two done.

of course, my favorite question to this day is: can Lu Xiao Feng catch Little Li's Flying Dagger? Since the dagger always finds its target, and any blade can be caught between Lu's fingers, I always thought the universe would tear and everyone would get sucked into a huge black hole, should something like that happen.

-six.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Quote Originally Posted by bigTEX View Post
    Yang Guo will win fo sho
    And it's unsubstantiated broad claims such as this that prevents that thread from ever truly resting in peace for long.

Quote Originally Posted by bigTEX View Post
    It\'s a moot point to argue whether GJ or YG is a better martial artist since the two are on par in comparison.
    Now that I can get aboard with.

Thinking about it though, Yang Guo is much younger yet he's at least on par with Guo Jing.

I am not sick of any kind of discussion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    Thinking about it though, Yang Guo is much younger yet he's at least on par with Guo Jing.
    That happened with every generation of new emerging martial artists in the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY (call it "anti-Deterioration Theory"). At the age of twenty, Cheung Mo Gei was arguably at where Gwok Jing was at fifty and Yeung Gor was at thirty.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Oh, like you need to ask?

SWORD GOD Zhou Bufan!

To be fair, SWORD GOD has sort of vanished from the discussion in recent months, but given the sheer overload and excess of his exposure last year, I'd say you guys packed a *decade's* worth of SWORD GOD discussion into just a few months.

Wait! I thought you missed the guy and actually asked for his return in an earlier plea?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Wait! I thought you missed the guy and actually asked for his return in an earlier plea?
    That was only because I was hedging him against a tide of YEUNG GOR threads that were inundating the forum at the time.

I believe in the tactic of "using barbarians against barbarians."

That happened with every generation of new emerging martial artists in the CONDOR HEROES TRILOGY (call it "anti-Deterioration Theory"). At the age of twenty, Cheung Mo Gei was arguably at where Gwok Jing was at fifty and Yeung Gor was at thirty.

Go figure.
    We are only talking about Yang Guo and Guo Jing though. So if Yang Guo was at Guo Jing's age, he would be much better.

Of course, this happens everywhere. So, I guess we cannot really include it in the discussion.

SWORD GOD Zhou Bufan!
    This is a sad day for me.

It deeply saddens me to see that fans are still having difficulty grasping the essence of SWORD GOD's name.

*sigh*

CC, it looks like our efforts to publish the greatness of SWORD GOD have been in vain. We didn't try hard enough.
    Last edited by PJ; 07-14-07 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    This is a sad day for me.

It deeply saddens me to see that fans are still having difficulty grasping the essence of SWORD GOD's name.

*sigh*

CC, it looks like our efforts to publish the greatness of SWORD GOD have been in vain. We didn't try hard enough.
    Honestly, PJ, it worked for me big time. Much respect to someone who can call himself Sword God. As name per se, I value that as much as Sword Demon.

The thing was you did too much of a good job that it takes away all the love I can have for any other ELOC. The only ELOC character I care about now is Sword God. Nothing will ever beat him for ELOC, so that is one flaw you did, you took away my interest in other ELOC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Honestly, PJ, it worked for me big time. Much respect to someone who can call himself Sword God. As name per se, I value that as much as Sword Demon.

The thing was you did too much of a good job that it takes away all the love I can have for any other ELOC. The only ELOC character I care about now is Sword God. Nothing will ever beat him for ELOC, so that is one flaw you did, you took away my interest in other ELOC characters.
    Hmm, it sounds like We/I need to work harder to expose more ELOC. But it is really, I think, true that SWORD GOD is the peak of perfection in ELOC. He is the most interesting one. Only Zhu Baokun comes close, but he doesn't even have a nickname! Others like IMPARTIAL JUDGE, Elder Xu Chongxiao, and Zen Master Chengguan/Dengguan (there are two ways to pronounce his name) are only mildly engaging characters. But SWORD GOD had SO MUCH prolific coolness about him.

By the way, ELOC is now an official entry in acronym-finder.com.
    Last edited by PJ; 07-14-07 at 10:43 AM.