Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    At the beginning, you can fight the gorgonopsids and munchkins. Then you can proceed to Mahab-bara and get into the secret passage to fight those bombs and hoplites. They pack quite an amount of CP and the bombs drop Bomb Core, which is very good for weapon upgrading. They regenerate super fast too.
    Thanks, hey do you know the basics of upgrading? Organic stuff gets your bonus up while mechanic parts degrades your bonus. So many weapons I don't really know which to upgrade 1st lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Thanks, hey do you know the basics of upgrading? Organic stuff gets your bonus up while mechanic parts degrades your bonus. So many weapons I don't really know which to upgrade 1st lol!
    This is a good reference link. It holds most, if not all, essential information for upgrading.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/928790/59331

Many players in FFXIII forum consider Lionheart to be Lightning's best weapon, but you won't get it until the start of chapter 12. For me, I completed the first tier levelling of her Blazefire Saber in Chapter 9 and didn't upgrade for her again until I got Lionheart.

For organic stuff, just concentrate on buying Sturdy Bones. 36 of them will give a 3x (200%) increase in mechanical parts experience. If you are in first tier (have not levelled up your weapon to second tier), Bomb Core and Solenoid that can be gathered in Mahabbara are very, very useful, packing a moderate amount of experience points. They are easy drops, and you get to farm lots of CP along the way too.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 04-01-10 at 05:45 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

This is a good reference link. It holds most, if not all, essential information for upgrading.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/928790/59331

Many players in FFXIII forum consider Lionheart to be Lightning's best weapon, but you won't get it until the start of chapter 12. For me, I completed the first tier levelling of her Blazefire Saber in Chapter 9 and didn't upgrade for her again until I got Lionheart.

For organic stuff, just concentrate on buying Sturdy Bones. 36 of them will give a 3x (200%) increase in mechanical parts experience. If you are in first tier (have not levelled up your weapon to second tier), Bomb Core and Solenoid that can be gathered in Mahabbara are very, very useful, packing a moderate amount of experience points. They are easy drops, and you get to farm lots of CP along the way too.
    Thanks again but I don't want to use guides in my 1st runs playing an rpg. It would kill the experience hehehehe, but I will read a guide after I finish the game and for completions sake.

Thanks again but I don't want to use guides in my 1st runs playing an rpg. It would kill the experience hehehehe, but I will read a guide after I finish the game and for completions sake.
    Hahaha ok then.

I am stuck in chapter 12, the enemies are tough and it seems I have to do a bit of levelling up.

I am stuck in chapter 12, the enemies are tough and it seems I have to do a bit of levelling up.
    Have you maxed out Stage9 of the Crystarium? If you haven't and is not too far ahead in chapter12, maybe you can load back to Chapter11 (hopefully you've made a separate save file after the fight with Barthandelus) for grinding.

You can grind in Chapter12, of course, but the enemies there pay out less CP so the process will be longer.

However, even if you maxed out Stage9, there are certain enemies you might want to avoid for now.

Have you maxed out Stage9 of the Crystarium? If you haven't and is not too far ahead in chapter12, maybe you can load back to Chapter11 (hopefully you've made a separate save file after the fight with Barthandelus) for grinding.

You can grind in Chapter12, of course, but the enemies there pay out less CP so the process will be longer.

However, even if you maxed out Stage9, there are certain enemies you might want to avoid for now.
    Yeah, I was at some point where I have to choose one of two treasures and this giant turtle smashes the glass so I can't get the other one after. I thought why not kick his *** so he won't break the glass, mind you I killed one of those lesser types earlier and I thought it was the same monster.

So I went ahead and engaged mr.turtle, his legs were targetable and before I could do anything else he horse stomped me to the game over screen. I was like WTF! so I reloaded my game and left the treasures alone, turns out he doesn't touch the glass if you don't open a treasure so I went on ahead deciding to come back for those treasures when I'm strong enough to kick his turtle ***.

Yeah, I was at some point where I have to choose one of two treasures and this giant turtle smashes the glass so I can't get the other one after. I thought why not kick his *** so he won't break the glass, mind you I killed one of those lesser types earlier and I thought it was the same monster.

So I went ahead and engaged mr.turtle, his legs were targetable and before I could do anything else he horse stomped me to the game over screen. I was like WTF! so I reloaded my game and left the treasures alone, turns out he doesn't touch the glass if you don't open a treasure so I went on ahead deciding to come back for those treasures when I'm strong enough to kick his turtle ***.
    How to get the two treasures
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Come back after maxing Stage10 of the Crystarium, which will be available after the game is complete. Beat the Adamantoise, and grab the two chests.

How to beat the Adamantoise - this could be important, because you may need to beat it dozens of times later in the game.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Select Vanille as team leader and set her as a Saboteur. Equip Belladona Wand, and add accesories that could speed her up. Engage battle with Adamantoise. If your HP is less than 10K, summon Vanille's Eidolon immediately. That will automatically lop off the creature's two legs.

Keep spamming Death at the Adamantoise. There is no need to get into Gestalt mode because you are not looking to physically beat the Adamantoise and you can't, yet. If you can't Death it before the Eidolon is gone, you'd have about one minute left before it stands up again. To increase the number of Death-spamming, which in turn increases your chances of beating the Adamantoise, have a Synergist on the team.

Success rate is low, and very much depends on your luck, but this method is still the best way to defeat it.

Once you get strong enough (meaning your COM can hit at least more than 10K of damage in the Adamantoise's fallen mode), you can start beating the Adamantoise right after summoning the Eidolon. If by then you want some challenge, you can opt not to summon the Eidolon at all.

I haven't yet beat XIII but i'm having a great time with it. So many possiblities that can go into it makes a a great game. However, i'm still wishing for Versus to eventurally make it's deput

Gonna try this gameout on my cousins 360 .... Hope it's good.
    my cousinsp complained it was too easy and linear though.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

I'm playing this game right now and it's very linear, but once you get passed the 30 hr game play mark the world opens up. In the meantime the linear game play is necessary for the story. Good thing the story is at least interesting. The graphics are amazing on the 360.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    I'm playing this game right now and it's very linear, but once you get passed the 30 hr game play mark the world opens up. In the meantime the linear game play is necessary for the story. Good thing the story is at least interesting. The graphics are amazing on the 360.
    I'm glad you have the same conclusion about how the story needs the linearity... unfortunately many FF players can't agree with that.

XIII-3 is coming out soon, too.