Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New series:Mo Jian Sheng Si Qi, starring Tony Sun Xie Zhi and Liu Tao

Thanks for the links! Do you think that Tony's character is more of a tragic hero turned villian? Well, Liu Tao's character does not really like Tony's character so that may be why they don't have any sparkling chemistry on screen.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Thanks for the links!
    You welcome.

Do you think that Tony's character is more of a tragic hero turned villian? Well, Liu Tao's character does not really like Tony's character so that may be why they don't have any sparkling chemistry on screen.
    I really don't know, but that's not the impression I've got of the character anyway. Tony was very loyal to his master in the beginning and really mourned his death, then he was forced to join the enemy. Of course all the time he was tried to revenge his master. I can't really say, but he doesn't seem to be after power, or anything. He just tried to stay alive and will almost do anything to stay that way. I guess we'll just have to wait to see what's going to happen next.
    Last edited by WindCross; 08-24-07 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks for your response WindCross! How many eps have you seen so far?? WuXiaGem said that she saw the first 28 eps and got the impression that Tony was after power and all... Hm.. I like your interpretation of it though. I guess I have to see how it is for myself. By the way, does Tony's character really like Liu Tao's character?? WuXiaGem said that he is obessed with her... Is that how you see it too??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Wink

Thanks for your response WindCross! How many eps have you seen so far?? WuXiaGem said that she saw the first 28 eps and got the impression that Tony was after power and all... Hm.. I like your interpretation of it though. I guess I have to see how it is for myself. By the way, does Tony's character really like Liu Tao's character?? WuXiaGem said that he is obessed with her... Is that how you see it too??
    Well, I also saw the first 28 episodes and now is waiting for the rest.

And as for Tony's character's feeling for Liu Tao's character, I wouldn't say that he is obsessed with her. And although he is really in love with her, but he does give her the freedom to choose which one for her to like. He just has an issue with the guy she is in love with, that's all, lol. After all, the guy did kill his master. Moreover, he cares for and is very protectived of Liu Tao's character, that's way more than the other guy ever did for her. Tony's character is cool in the way of acting as well as arrogant and agressive. He has difficult in expressed himself gently when it comes to the issue of feelings.

However, there is this sweet moment I remember, where he helped Liu Tao's character in expressing her sorrow for her lost love. He really made her paper pelicants flew and forming a heart in the air.

Tony's character doesn't sound too bad then.. I thought that he would be really evil and all... I think I would like his character based on what you are saying...

Yea, I saw that scene in the previews.. It looked so beautiful and sweet.... Do you like the series so far(in terms of plot)?? A lot of people said that the special effects really turned them off... Do they bother you??

Unhappy

Tony's character doesn't sound too bad then.. I thought that he would be really evil and all... I think I would like his character based on what you are saying...

Yea, I saw that scene in the previews.. It looked so beautiful and sweet.... Do you like the series so far(in terms of plot)?? A lot of people said that the special effects really turned them off... Do they bother you??
    The special effects don't really bother me, however, unfortunately, I find the plot kinda dragging, especially whenever the good guy made his appearences.

Too bad for me this guy has a lot of screen times.

Yea, I don't know the main guy either and not a lot of people seem to like him... I guess it is because he is unknown to most viewers.. I just hope that the plot will be good and that it won't get too long and draggy.. I can't wait for this series to come out on DVD since I don't like watching it online...

I just hope Tony has more screen time than the other guy since it does seem that the other guy has a lot of critics on the web. On the other hand, Tony was voted as 'the most popular bad guy' on the web. I think I read this in the Sina blog.

The other guy (Shao Bing) doesn't look too bad in the 3 episodes I've seen, but he isn't really an expressive/interesting type.
    Last edited by bonniec1; 08-29-07 at 01:10 PM.

Torrent for episodes 29-50 (end) can be found here: http://www.bbsmovie.com/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

Thanks for the link!! Oh my gosh, there are 50 eps total!!! That is A LOT... I really hope that it won't get all draggy. Please let me know how it is and I don't mind spoilers at all...

Part I and II of the DVD and VCD is available for sale at yesasia.com at the following link:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004982994/

I hope this series is good and will have high ratings..
    Last edited by Trinie; 08-31-07 at 10:44 PM.

They also have a different themesong for the China and Taiwan version. Tony sings the opening and ending song for the Taiwan version.... The China version is out at yesasia... I am waiting for the US or Taiwan version though since I don't really like the China version because it is in the PAL format.

There was a thread on this series set up quite awhile back:
    http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16998

Thoughts after seeing the trailer:

Too much fake-looking CGI for my liking. Cast isn't that appealing either, except for Liu Tao.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 09-01-07 at 07:06 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Well, I don't mind the CGI effects since it is supposed to be a fantasy series... Also, there is more to a series than just the cast!!! I also really like Tony Sun, Liu Tao and Ray Liu, so it is great to see them. The story also sounds really interesting as well..

I didn't realize the theme songs for the China and Taiwan versions are different. Does Tony sing the theme song for the China version? It must be that fast song that is shown with the trailer.

I really like the main theme song" 每一個寒冬"for the Taiwan version, it is really nice. Does anyone know where I can download it?

As I mentioned before, I don't think the trailer does the series justice at all since it shows mostly CGI scenes. I watched three episodes on youtube and what I've seen so far looks much better than the trailer.

I just discovered that last night as I was going through Youtube. The themesong and subsong of the Taiwan version are both sung by Xie Zhi. I don't think Xie Zhi sings the themesong for the China version. AT first I thought he did but then found out that it wasn't him.

Yea, the themesong for the Taiwan version is really nice! I hope that that is included in 5566's next album. THe subsong is nice too...

I saw some of it on Youtube too and the CGI does not seem too bad... I think you need to see it for yourself before you make any judgments...

I have reached my obsessive point with this series. XD Stayed up all night watching and even made an mv of my favorite scene! XD Xiezhi is getting so evil. . .scary, yet I still like his character more than the main character (main character is really annoying. . .acts like he all nice and riteous but is sort of a jerk).

link of mv below if anyone wants to see. ^^
    .................................................. ........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waLsYu8bsMI
    edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6B2ism-9qA (revised mv. . .more action scenes. XD)

made this mv of qian xing and chi xue's kiss. I really wish he would forget about liu tao's character and really fall in love with chi xue. . . .such hopeful thinking. Does anyone know the name of the actress who plays this character?
    Last edited by Cinnamon; 09-03-07 at 07:34 PM.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

I have been waiting for this series for a long time... I was tempted to watch it on youtube but have decided to wait until I get the DVDs. I heard Xie Zhi's character is evil and all, but in some ways you can't blame him since he is just trying to survive.

Thanks for the lovely video!! I should check the cast list again to see who plays Chi Xue.... It is sad that Xie Zhi's character doesn't like her.. I wish that he did not continue to love someone that doesn't even love him....

I just hope that XIe Zhi's character doesn't die at the end or something since he is a villian... Hm... a lot of people don't seem to like the main lead... Maybe Xie Zhi should have played the main lead, but then again I guess it is good for Xie Zhi to play a villian so that he can show people that he is versatile...
    Last edited by Trinie; 09-03-07 at 07:16 PM.

XD yeah. . .I wished I could wait that long since I don't really like watching whole series online either. . .but I couldn't. After watching one episode due to curiosity. . .I kept continuing. X_x

Anywho, the more I see those two characters, the more I like them and wish they would end up together. . .even if it means dying together. (my prediction that it will happen. . .*sigh* sad)

As for the main characters. >_< the more I see them the more I get annoyed. . .perhaps this is because I like xiezhi. . .I don't know. Feels sorry for yu er too. . .cuz she's so nice but has to do evil things causing her to lose cang feng.
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

I was going to watch it all online too, but told myself not to. I also don't like watching series online since it is such a fuss... Even one episode is split up into 7-8 parts which makes it frustrating to watch even 1 episode. I guess I don't mind waiting..

It isn't the first time the second leading couple is more well liked than the first leading couple.... I really hope that Xie Zhi does not die, but I have a feeling that it may happen too... I wonder if Liu Tao's character will eventually love him. I know that is wishful thinking so I highly doubt that it will happen...

Hm... now I am beginning to think... Do the viewers/fans(of Xie Zhi) only like Ren Qian Xing(even though he is evil) because Xie Zhi plays him?? I guess that is typical since it is hard to separate the character from the actor....Viewers who don't like the actor who plays the leading role does not like him even though he plays a good role because they just don't like the actor himself...

I am waiting for the DVDs of this series in the Taiwan or US version since I don't like the China version... The songs that Xie Zhi sings for this series are so nice..

I just checked yesasia and they no longer have the China version DVDs of this series. I am guessing those were illegal/pirated DVDs so they immediately stopped selling them so that they will not get in trouble. This series is still airing so I was really surprised that they had the DVDs because they usually don't release a series on DVD until it is finished airing.
    Last edited by Trinie; 09-03-07 at 09:48 PM.

I was going to watch it all online too, but told myself not to. I also don't like watching series online since it is such a fuss... Even one episode is split up into 7-8 parts which makes it frustrating to watch even 1 episode. I guess I don't mind waiting..

It isn't the first time the second leading couple is more well liked than the first leading couple.... I really hope that Xie Zhi does not die, but I have a feeling that it may happen too... I wonder if Liu Tao's character will eventually love him. I know that is wishful thinking so I highly doubt that it will happen...

Hm... now I am beginning to think... Do the viewers/fans(of Xie Zhi) only like Ren Qian Xing(even though he is evil) because Xie Zhi plays him?? I guess that is typical since it is hard to separate the character from the actor....Viewers who don't like the actor who plays the leading role does not like him even though he plays a good role because they just don't like the actor himself...

I am waiting for the DVDs of this series in the Taiwan or US version since I don't like the China version... The songs that Xie Zhi sings for this series are so nice..

I just checked yesasia and they no longer have the China version DVDs of this series. I am guessing those were illegal/pirated DVDs so they immediately stopped selling them so that they will not get in trouble. This series is still airing so I was really surprised that they had the DVDs because they usually don't release a series on DVD until it is finished airing.
    I don't see why it matters if a person watches a series or like a character b/c that person is their fave actor or no. It's not like you go into a show knowing if it has good plot or no, so if you have anticipated to watch it before it was released, that mean there must have been a reason you wanted to watch it. For some it's b/c of their fave actor, but others it's b/c it was based on a beloved novel and for others it was for the cool-looking promotions and for others it's b/c of heresay that promised it was a "must watch." Why does it matter?

I can proudly admit that I first noticed the existence of this show b/c of the fact that XieZhi was in it, but I continued to watch it b/c it's quite addictive (though frustrating b/c my chinese is poor). I like XieZhi's character not only b/c he's XieZhi (though I suspect it's part of it) but b/c Ren Qian Xing is a very interesting character. His scenes are fun to watch and XieZhi did a very good job showing the emotions that Qian Xing feels. I think that a lesser actor would not be able to do so well, and therefore, I might not like the character if that's the case. However, if a better actor portrays him even better, then I will probably like the character more. As for Cang Feng played by Shao Bing, I can honestly say I don't like him. Not only it's b/c Shao Bing is sometimes hard on the eyes, but it's b/c the character is really flawed in so many ways. I am not saying Shao Bing didn't do a good job, just feel that Cang Feng is not a very likable character. He is supposed to be "the good guy," but he feels a bit superficial to me. I especially dislike him during the scene when Yu Tian (Ray Lui's character) was supposedly "kill." He stood by and watch until both guys fall down, then he runs up with a sword drawn at the fallen evil guy. That doesn't seem like a very heroic thing to do. After the evil guy said some stuff to him, he turn to Yu Tian and pointed a sword at him and "kill" him (though he was pushed). That's a horrible thing to do, especially if you take into account that Qian Xing and him were swore brothers and Qian Xing was begging him not to kill his master. Oh, and where was he when Qian Xing was being attacked by the evil guy? Anyway, after that he just left the injured Qian Xing there, along with the helpless kid to be dealt with by the evil guy. I can accept an evil guy to do things like that, but the good guy should have been more caring and lenient. If it's acceptable for a hero to ignore the fact that his friend and an innocent was in danger, then thank heavens I'm not a damsel in distress.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 09-03-07 at 10:59 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?