Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have some Jinyong novels Questions?

Default I have some Jinyong novels Questions?

In demi god the shoalin manual was stolen and how did it get back to shoalin in Smiling proud wanderer?

Is demi god shoalin manual that was stolen the same as nine yan from HSDS or was it similar and which is stronger?

Is demi god Duan Yu lok muk sun gim the same as LOCH south emperor one yan finger because his ancestor is Duan Yu?

Also Duan Yu learned a skill to absorb others internal energy so is it the same as Ren Woxing in Smiling Proud Wanderer?

Have nine yin and nine yan creator met b/c they believe learning both can be the strongest and they had name starting with 9 but nine yan had nothing to do with 9?

How did Linghu Chong's sect obtain Dugu 9 swords?

I feel these questions have already been discussed, anyone would like to fish out the threads concerning these topics?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    In demi god the shoalin manual was stolen and how did it get back to shoalin in Smiling proud wanderer?
    That's a damn good question. There are some who believe that the two manuals might not even be the same despite the identical titles. Some who have read both novels opine that Jin Yong described the DGSD Yik Gun Ging differently from the SOD Yik Gun Ging, with the SOD version being considerably weaker.

Is demi god shoalin manual that was stolen the same as nine yan from HSDS or was it similar and which is stronger?
    The Yik Gun Ging (Buddhist-based) is not the 9 Yeung Jen Ging (Taoist-based). No idea which one is more powerful.

Is demi god Duan Yu lok muk sun gim the same as LOCH south emperor one yan finger because his ancestor is Duan Yu?
    I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Deun Yu is indeed Deun Chi Hing's grandfather, and the 1 Yeung Finger Technique was passed down through the Deun royal family between the eras of DGSD and LOCH. No word on what happened to 6 Mak Divine Swords by the time of LOCH, however.

Also Duan Yu learned a skill to absorb others internal energy so is it the same as Ren Woxing in Smiling Proud Wanderer?
    The version seen in SOD was derived from the version Deun Yu practiced in DGSD.

Have nine yin and nine yan creator met b/c they believe learning both can be the strongest and they had name starting with 9 but nine yan had nothing to do with 9?
    In the latest edition of the novels, the inventor of the 9 Yeung Jen Ging was a Buddhist monk who was a friend of Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung. Wong Chung Yeung had to let the monk see the 9 Yum Jen Ging after having lost a drinking competition to him. The monk studied the 9 Yum Jen Ging and wondered if there were a way to achieve similar or even superior results in inner power development by using the opposite approach. The result of his work was the 9 Yeung Jen Ging.

The number "9" in Taoism represents the ultimate level.

How did Linghu Chong's sect obtain Dugu 9 swords?
    Didn't that come from Fung Ching Yeung? No word on how he got access to it. Maybe he visited the old cave where Yeung Gor found the Divine Condor.

Quote Originally Posted by bigTEX View Post
    How was it that this monk could create an opposite and comparable version to the 9 Yin Jen Ging had he not known the critical part written in Sanskrit? Or was it that he was able to decrypt and comprehend the esoteric Sanskrit language?
    He probably was able to, as a learned monk. Sanskrit is the ancient Indian written language, and many Buddhist texts are written in Sanskrit. If this monk was a learned Buddhist (as he apparently was), it's no surprise that he could read it.

more to the point, i don't think it was necessary that the monk could read sanskrit, as long as he was somewhere along the lines of Z3F's genius. Even from 3 lines of 9yang, he was able to figure out (throughout his lifetime, of course, not in an instant) the gaps in harmony that 9yang presented, and created tai chi --- which is, to me, arguably as powerful as 9yin. it certainly shares similar properties, being on the yin side of the scale.

if this monk were as intelligent as Z3F, then even without the sanskrit part he would begin to see the gaps in 9yin and adjust accordingly. of course, i don't know where you'll ever find someone as intelligent as Z3F in JY's canon, other than damo...

-six.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Wow thanks for the answer Ken Cheng!

Who wrote the Hap Hak Hang martial art?

What happen to Beggar sect and Quan Zhen Sect after ROCH?

How dis the 3 high monks from HSDS became so strong after they can't even beat the Ming Cult's leader before?

Was Ming cult marial arts from Persia?

Who put the nine yan inside the gorilla?

Why is Zhou Zhiruo so weak after learning nine yin, dragon 18 palms, and dog beating stick because she lost to yang guo's daughter? Was Yang Guo's daughter strong?

Dongfang Bubai can be stronger if she mastered the complete sunflower manual but wasn't complete after a monk burned it right?

How much of the nine yin did wong chong yang and Mei Chaofeng mastered?

Li Mochou or Mei Chaofeng stronger?

It was derived from a poem by Li Bai (sp?) during the Tang dynasty.

I believe one of the two ROCH Mongolian cronies.

Why is Zhou Zhiruo so weak after learning nine yin, dragon 18 palms, and dog beating stick because she lost to yang guo's daughter? Was Yang Guo's daughter strong?
    She practiced the wrong way.

She might be Yang Guo's relative, but no how can she be his daughter. It is chronically impossible. Yang Guo would have had to had her as a daughter at the age of 60 or so, and even so, that means his daughter would be around 70s years old then at the end of HSDS.

Dongfang Bubai can be stronger if she mastered the complete sunflower manual but wasn't complete after a monk burned it right?
    Dongfang Bubai is a HE.

WCY graps the idea of the manual. Mei Chaofeng only learned the second part, she did not learn the internal cultivation part of the first manual.

I think most give Mei Chaofend the edge.

These isn't any questions dealing the stoires!

Is Shi Potian much stronger then any pf the 5 great even in ROCH?

Is Linghu Chong one of the weaker main character?

Is Gwok Jing or Yang Guo stronger?

Is 9 yin the strongest? I think so because Mei Chaofeng mastered only 1 technique of the 2nd manual and she is as strong as Gwok Jing even if she learned some Worg Yek See martial srt but it seem 1 technique can raise a user power incredibily. I think there is 9 techniques and If learned all techniques plus internal energy then the person is infinitely strong and not even Dugu Kai Bai, Sweeper monk, Zhang San Feng, Feng Ting Yirn, or Shi Potian can beat that person.

We continued to see the Beggar's Union in HSDS. It played a reasonably important supporting role late in the story. By the time of HSDS, however, the Beggar's Union was no longer the top-echelon wulin organization it had been from DGSD to ROCH. It had become second-rate, and wasn't even invited to the assault on the Ming Cult led by the Six Orthodox Sects.

The Cheun Jen Sect continued as a religious sect, but as far as its place in wulin, it became a nonentity in the Jin Yong universe after its downfall in ROCH. It never fully recovered.

The Cheun Jen Sect was seen, however, in Gu Long's LUK SIU FUNG.

How dis the 3 high monks from HSDS became so strong after they can't even beat the Ming Cult's leader before?
    Well, there's this thing called practice...

Was Ming cult marial arts from Persia?
    At least some of it was.

Wan Hak Sai. Remember him from ROCH? He was one of the martial artists hired by the Mongol leader Kublai Khan to help him kill Gwok Jing. This was the dude with the jeweled whip. Gwok Jing injured him early during that big fight against the Mongolian mercenaries outside Kublai Khan's base camp.

She didn't learn all those skills. All she had was the quick crash-course version of the 9 Yum White Bone Claws, which arguably were weaker than the version Mui Chiu Fung had practiced 150 years earlier.

Hong Lung 18 Palms was not in the set in the third edition, but even if it were, Chow Chi Yerk couldn't have learned it because the Hong Lung 18 Palms was said to be unsuitable for use by females.

As for Dog Beating Stick Technique, that was never a part of the package. That skill is available to Beggar's Union Chiefs only and is *never* recorded in written form.

Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung never actually trained in the 9 Yum Jen Ging. He did read through it, however, and grasped its principles. He concluded that it was superior to his and Lam Chiu Ying's martial arts (to say nothing of the other Greats' martial arts).

Mui Chiu Fung had half of the 9 Yum Jen Ging manual, and didn't really understand much of it. 9 Yum White Bone Claws and Heart Penetrating Palm is about as far as she got (which is far from the manual's full potential).

I would say Mui Chiu Fung, although I have nothing concrete to support it, really. East Heretic Wong Yerk See did make an offhand remark, however, that any one of his students could have beaten Lee Mok Sau had they not been crippled and/or died early.

Unknown. I proposed a case for Xuzhu being the author of the art due to similarities in the presentation of OTG art with the manner Xuzhu gained Xiaoyao Pai arts, but that is nothing more than educated speculation.

Beggar's Union continued to exist into HSDS, OTG, SPW, and into the late Qing dynasty in Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain.

Quanzhen Sect - I've no idea.

They had 20 to 30 years of free time to practice.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Is Gwok Jing or Yang Guo stronger?
    Dude! Don't we have like a whole, 2000-post thread on this currently on the front page? Go check it out!

Is 9 yin the strongest? I think so because Mei Chaofeng mastered only 1 technique of the 2nd manual and she is as strong as Gwok Jing even if she learned some Worg Yek See martial srt but it seem 1 technique can raise a user power incredibily. I think there is 9 techniques and If learned all techniques plus internal energy then the person is infinitely strong and not even Dugu Kai Bai, Sweeper monk, Zhang San Feng, Feng Ting Yirn, or Shi Potian can beat that person.
    It was the best martial in the world of LOCH and ROCH, which is not to say that it was the best in the Jin Yong universe overall. It would place within the Top 10 martial arts of all time in the Jin Yong world, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post

I would say Mui Chiu Fung, although I have nothing concrete to support it, really. East Heretic Wong Yerk See did make an offhand remark, however, that any one of his students could have beaten Lee Mok Sau had they not been crippled and/or died early.
    Yeah, didn't one of his crippled student beat up LMC pretty bad when she was chasing YG? He didn't want to fight her at first and wasn't even trying his best until YG kept telling him how LMC had been disrespecting and spreading rumors about HYS.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Yeah, didn't one of his crippled student beat up LMC pretty bad when she was chasing YG? He didn't want to fight her at first and wasn't even trying his best until YG kept telling him how LMC had been disrespecting and spreading rumors about HYS.
    Yeah, Fung Mak Fung. To be fair, however, Lee Mok Sau would have beaten him had Yeung Gor not cleverly boosted his aggression.

But Fung was the weakest of Wong Yerk See's first-generation students. If he could fight Lee Mok Sau that well, I imagine Mui Chiu Fung would do better.

Yeah, Fung Mak Fung. To be fair, however, Lee Mok Sau would have beaten him had Yeung Gor not cleverly boosted his aggression.

But Fung was the weakest of Wong Yerk See's first-generation students. If he could fight Lee Mok Sau that well, I imagine Mui Chiu Fung would do better.
    I don't see anything wrong with what YG did. The result is if the cripple man wanted to beat LMC up, he could.

I don't see anything wrong with what YG did. The result is if the cripple man wanted to beat LMC up, he could.
    I never said it was wrong, did I?

I am guessing other than Cheng Ying right?

Did HYS ever comment on Little Dragon girl martial arts?

I never said it was wrong, did I?
    Yeah but you did say 'Lee Mok Sau would have beaten him......' I don't think he would let her beat him up even if YG wasn't there. But he probably wouldn't had embarrassed her to that point.

Is Linghu Chong one of the weaker main character?
    He's in the middle. He's not as strong as Zhang Wuji, Xuzhu, Shi Potian, Yang Guo, Guo Jing, or Qiao Feng; but he is stronger than Hu Fei, Yuan Chengzhi, Di Yun, Wei Xiaobao, and Chen Jialuo.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Yeah but you did say 'Lee Mok Sau would have beaten him......' I don't think he would let her beat him up even if YG wasn't there. But he probably wouldn't had embarrassed her to that point.
    Until Yeung Gor intervened, Fung Mak Fung was losing that fight. Yeung Gor knew that he needed to act or Fung would be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I am guessing other than Cheng Ying right?
    Ching Ying before the sixteen-year interlude. After that interlude, however, it would not be surprising if Ching Ying surpassed Lee Mok Sau's previous level.

Did HYS ever comment on Little Dragon girl martial arts?
    Probably not. He didn't even meet her until the very end of ROCH.