Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Serial Blooper - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 257

Thread: Serial Blooper

  1. #141
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Susanna Kwan looks like an angry woman who sells fishes...eh...Wasn't LCY suppose to be beautiful? They can't find a more fitting actress for the role?
    TVB went through a phase during the early and mid 1980s when they let many of their contract singers try their hand at acting. Susanna Kwan, in fact, had done some acting (and not bad acting for someone whose primary work was singing) as early as the 1970s, when she appeared in such TVB modern dramas such as THE GOOD, THE BAD, and THE UGLY (THE MAN IN THE NET) and THE BROTHERS.

    I think that in ROCH '83, TVB wanted to emphasize how b*tchy Lam Chiu Ying was rather than how beautiful she was, and Susanna has always been good at b*tchy roles. I thought it worked; she really made me dislike the Lam Chiu Ying character.

  2. #142
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That's right. The top photo depicts Lam Chiu Ying's maid, who became the second generation Ancient Tomb Sect Leader (teacher of Lee Mok Sau and Little Dragon Girl). The bottom photo depicts actress Susanna Kwan as Lam Chiu Ying, founder of the Ancient Tomb Sect.
    Like Homer Simpson would say, "D'oh!" on me...
    Last edited by vindikattor; 10-08-07 at 10:10 PM.
    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  3. #143
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vindikattor View Post
    Did you do the "Flying Dragon Soaring Through the Heavens" or "The Divine Dragon Swings its Tail" to the bully?
    I think it was "False TVB Martial Arts Choreography Scares Away Cowardly Bully!"

    It's the little known 19th Hong Lung Palm.

  4. #144
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    ROCH 1983

    In this scene from Episode 7 at YeLu ChuChai's mansion, Yang Guo almost fell when he stepped on the stair prop that wasn't properly mounted.



    Click here for the clip on Youtube.
    Last edited by vindikattor; 10-08-07 at 03:21 PM.
    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  5. #145
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,964

    Default

    There's another blooper in HSDS '86 that you haven't caught, but as it's more aural than visual, you'd have to upload the scene to Youtube.

    It happens the first time that Chan Yau Leung confronts Sung Ching Sheu after Sung has murdered his seventh martial uncle, Mok Sing Guk. While sitting in a tree, Chan says to Sung, "Why are you so worried? If I were to expose you, I'd have done it long ago. Why would I wait until now?"

    Ten seconds later, after Sung has responded to that comment, Chan jumps down from the tree. After he lands, he walks around Sung and says again, "Why are you so worried? If I were to expose you, I'd have done it long ago. Why would I wait until now?"

    Um. Did Chan Yau Leung think that Sung Ching Sheu had a hearing problem, and didn't hear him the first time? Or is it just Chan Yau Leung's habit to be redundant?

    What's funny is that this same character/actor, when reporting on the failure of his attempt to control the Beggar's Union to Sing Kwun, said something to the effect of, "The plan shouldn't have failed, but Cheung Mo Gei intervened." That's fine, except he says the same thing AGAIN about ten seconds later!

    These scenes sure gave me the impression of Chan Yau Leung being a repetitive guy.

  6. #146
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    There's another blooper in HSDS '86 that you haven't caught, but as it's more aural than visual, you'd have to upload the scene to Youtube.

    It happens the first time that Chan Yau Leung confronts Sung Ching Sheu after Sung has murdered his seventh martial uncle, Mok Sing Guk. While sitting in a tree, Chan says to Sung, "Why are you so worried? If I were to expose you, I'd have done it long ago. Why would I wait until now?"

    Ten seconds later, after Sung has responded to that comment, Chan jumps down from the tree. After he lands, he walks around Sung and says again, "Why are you so worried? If I were to expose you, I'd have done it long ago. Why would I wait until now?"

    Um. Did Chan Yau Leung think that Sung Ching Sheu had a hearing problem, and didn't hear him the first time? Or is it just Chan Yau Leung's habit to be redundant?

    What's funny is that this same character/actor, when reporting on the failure of his attempt to control the Beggar's Union to Sing Kwun, said something to the effect of, "The plan shouldn't have failed, but Cheung Mo Gei intervened." That's fine, except he says the same thing AGAIN about ten seconds later!

    These scenes sure gave me the impression of Chan Yau Leung being a repetitive guy.
    I'll make a note of these scenes and will try to make clips later...
    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  7. #147
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    ROCH 1983

    This scene from Episode 4 when Lin ChaoYing discussed with her maid regarding her non-martial art duel dilemma against Wang ChongYang. The poem inscription is a little bit visible on the stone tablet prior the duel.

    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  8. #148
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    ROCH 1983

    In Episode 7, WanYan Ping left her sword after she realized that she didn't have the heart to kill YeLu Qi.



    But upon returning to her parents' tomb, her sword is now on the ground next to Yang Guo. This scene was clearly taken the same time when Yang Guo taught WanYan Ping the trick to defeat YeLu Qi.

    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Thanks vindikattor dude, you're awesome. Didn't know there were so many bloopers from asia series. Now that i know, it's quite funny to see.

  10. #150
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vindikattor View Post


    I just wanted to point out that this particular sword prop, with its distinctively shaped and ribbed handle/pommel section, appeared in many TVB wuxia dramas during the 1970s and early 1980s. Its design is very recognizable, and its claim to fame is not ROCH, but the 1970s LUK SIU FUNG series. Yes - this sword prop is none other than the sword of Sai Mun Chui Sheut (as portrayed by Wong Yeun Sun) during the 1970s LUK SIU FUNG series. If you look at my avatar, you can see Sai Mun Chui Sheut holding this very same sword in his hand (although it's kind of dark and difficult to see).

  11. #151
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireLord View Post
    Thanks vindikattor dude, you're awesome. Didn't know there were so many bloopers from asia series. Now that i know, it's quite funny to see.
    To be fair, this is not just a problem for TVB or Asian drama in general. A look at TV.com reveals that American television, from I LOVE LUCY in the 1950s to BATMAN in the 1960s to THREE'S COMPANY and AIRWOLF in the 1980s to GREY'S ANATOMY and HEROES today also have their share of gaffes that the directors just let go. Television was never meant to be carefully scrutinized by viewers as it can be in the post-home video age.

  12. #152
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    ROCH 1983

    This scene is from Episode 9 when Yang Guo tried to help Xiao LongNu's serious internal injury from their Jade Heart Manual training due to disturbance by Zheng Zhibing and Zhao ZhiJing. She just spat out blood on her attire.



    As Yang Guo barely walked out the room in sadness, Xiao LongNu attacked him. But she is now wearing a clean attire. There is no way she could have gotten up from the Ice Bed and changed that quick.

    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  13. #153
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    To be fair, this is not just a problem for TVB or Asian drama in general. A look at TV.com reveals that American television, from I LOVE LUCY in the 1950s to BATMAN in the 1960s to THREE'S COMPANY and AIRWOLF in the 1980s to GREY'S ANATOMY and HEROES today also have their share of gaffes that the directors just let go. Television was never meant to be carefully scrutinized by viewers as it can be in the post-home video age.
    This is absolutely true.
    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  14. #154
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    ROCH 1983

    This scene from Episode 9 showing Yang Guo took a peek at Hong LingBo from a window. She had just asked him to get her an axe from the house.



    Not just Yang Guo didn't poke any holes on the window, but which holes was he peeking?

    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  15. #155
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    ROCH 1983

    Here is a scene from Episode 9 showing Hong LingBo checking at Yang Guo's supposedly old wound in his head. She has a wedding band on. Can a Taoist priestess get married ala Christian tradition?

    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  16. #156
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vindikattor View Post
    ROCH 1983

    Here is a scene from Episode 9 showing Hong LingBo checking at Yang Guo's supposedly old wound in his head. She has a wedding band on. Can a Taoist priestess get married ala Christian tradition?
    Whether she could or not, Lee Mok Sau would've killed her if she did.

    Then again, Lee Mok Sau ended up killing her anyway, didn't she?

  17. #157
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Whether she could or not, Lee Mok Sau would've killed her if she did.

    Then again, Lee Mok Sau ended up killing her anyway, didn't she?
    That's explained the incentive for Li MoChou to stomp her on the Love Flower thickets.

    BTW, I won't be putting bloopers of Lu WuShuang's gimp. She has way too many. She kept on forgetting to limp in most of her scenes.
    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

  18. #158
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vindikattor View Post
    That's explained the incentive for Li MoChou to stomp her on the Love Flower thickets.

    BTW, I won't be putting bloopers of Lu WuShuang's gimp. She has way too many. She kept on forgetting to limp in most of her scenes.
    But you can't neglect the ultimate ROCH '83 blooper: the "death" and "rebirth" of Wong Chui 1.

    Wong Chui 1, ashamed that his disciple Chiu Tze Ging had betrayed the Cheun Jen Sect to the Mongols, fell on Chiu's sword as penance. It sure seemed like Wong had succeeded in killing himself, as he lay still and quiet after that.

    Except a few minutes later, after Yeung Gor had driven away the Mongols, Wong Chui 1 was alive and well again, helping his martial brothers to collect the bodies of the dead!

    Wong Chui 1 might have been Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung's best disciple; even Wong Chung Yeung himself never rose from the dead as effectively as Wong Chui 1 did!

  19. #159
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,964

    Default

    There's another one for you from HSDS '86.

    During the Battle of Gwong Ming Peak, Cheung Mo Gei begins bleeding from his chest even *before* Chow Chi Yerk sinks the Heaven Sword into it.

    That Heaven Sword is one mighty blade indeed, and Chow Chi Yerk's martial arts, even at this stage, are underestimated. She pulled off a DGSD-style long distant attack on Cheung Mo Gei.

  20. #160
    Senior Member vindikattor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    240

    Default Another Ah Fook's Production...

    ROCH 1983

    This scene is from Episode 14 outside of tea stall showing Li MoChou and Yang Guo waiting for Hong LingBo. There are 3 white tea cups, a green container and a vase of chopsticks on the table positioned to where both of them are seated.



    Soon after, Yang Guo agitated Li MoChou which she responded by beating him to the ground. As the camera angle moved to the top, the location of the 3 white tea cups, the green container and the vase of chopsticks changed.

    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

Similar Threads

  1. What's the worst serial in 04/05 so far?
    By i_fotted in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-15-05, 10:54 PM
  2. blockbuster serial for 05??
    By strawberry in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-09-05, 11:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •