Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help choosing laptops

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Shuddup! This desktop I have has lasted me a good 3 years now! And I was told to never turn it off! I can log off but don't turn it off. I don't know where I got the idea. Plus this desktop is still working fine, it was just the mouse that was giving me problems so I went out to get a new one. And now this computer works perfectly again. And you're making me late for work so stop talking to me!
    lol no wonder ur computer is so slow

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    i dunno, news around here that you're from australia, so that's what i thought.

there's a big chance gugu is japanese (another mystery solve lol)
    lol she wouldnt be going to work anytime soon if she was in the other side of the world
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    lol she wouldnt be going to work anytime soon if she was in the other side of the world
    I work at night dear.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    i dunno, news around here that you're from australia, so that's what i thought.

there's a big chance gugu is japanese (another mystery solve lol)
    Who told you I was from Australia?

Hon, Sugar posted that karaoke clip of a girl singing from Japanese. It wasn't me!!

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    OMFG! i was considering that! i just need help choosing the colors!(haha, if u guys couldn't tell, i'm really indecisive..first the digital camera, now this)! but $1100? u gotta tell me howwww u got that deaL
    I got it from Circuit city and as of now the $250 discount is over. I think I took the last one

Quote Originally Posted by creamcheese007 View Post
    I got it from Circuit city and as of now the $250 discount is over. I think I took the last one
    oh! was it the pink one u bought? i was browsing on CC.com n saw it yday.
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

I got the blue one.

OH. neeeverrrrmiind then

<3 them.

Now that I am forced to buy a new laptop because mine broke down the other day, I am just SO grateful that this thread exists!!!
    "Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves."
    - Rudyard Kipling

haha. old thread but yea, creamcheese& i got the same laptop..

<3 them.

This is what I bought after an accident to my Compaq.

http://www.gateway.com/retail/mt6707.php

I don't really have a problem with this computer. My problem is with Vista. Anyway,
    I don't understand why people would pay so much money for name brands. maybe they have better tech support or warranties.

I would strongly recommend Acers laptops (surprisingly, no one has yet) because they're quite affordable and basically offers everything their competitors do. They have a bad rep cause people think laptops shouldn't be that cheap.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

Quote Originally Posted by Bai Qi44 View Post
    This is what I bought after an accident to my Compaq.

http://www.gateway.com/retail/mt6707.php

I don't really have a problem with this computer. My problem is with Vista. Anyway,
    I don't understand why people would pay so much money for name brands. maybe they have better tech support or warranties.

I would strongly recommend Acers laptops (surprisingly, no one has yet) because they're quite affordable and basically offers everything their competitors do. They have a bad rep cause people think laptops shouldn't be that cheap.

acer stuff ain't really that cheap, dell is always cheaper, cheast laptop i've saw is GQ, it's a house brand of fry, GQ = great quality, if a laptop's brand says "great quality" you are sure as hell that it's not.

I don't know what you're talking about, but all the retail stores I've been to had Acers at the cheapest price (amongst HP, Dell, and Acer that is).

Acer's pretty well known to be cheaper than the other two. I can dig up the info for you, but I'm too tired and lazy right now. I'll do it later.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

I suggest Acer because it's cheap and good.
    But if you want power and reliability and maybe style, chouse ASUS, but it's a bit expensive.
    Or, if you want cheap, light and long battery life, and not so much on performance, I suggest MSI.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

i'm entering high school next year, so i'll need a pc. any recommendations? should i get a laptop or a desktop? my parents don't mind about the price at all.

Quote Originally Posted by libby96 View Post
    i'm entering high school next year, so i'll need a pc. any recommendations? should i get a laptop or a desktop? my parents don't mind about the price at all.
    Good news for you, Kevin Rudd will give you a free PC from next year
    You can do more things on a desktop than a laptop. But it comes down to your preference and need.

Speaking of laptop, i really wanted the Asus EEE PC (http://eeepc.asus.com/). But it's sold out in Australia within 2 days of release!
    Last edited by u4ria; 12-06-07 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    Good news for you, Kevin Rudd will give you a free PC from next year
    You can do more things on a desktop than a laptop. But it comes down to your preference and need.

Speaking of laptop, i really wanted the Asus EEE PC (http://eeepc.asus.com/). But it's sold out in Australia within 2 days of release!
    Memory max 8G, RAM ~ 1G. Too small for any real practical use??
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Memory max 8G, RAM ~ 1G. Too small for any real practical use??
    unless you're doing any download, 8GB should be fast enough. win XP runs fine on 1GB of RAM. They do have a 16GB version of this thing though

Quote Originally Posted by libby96 View Post
    Get a custom top-of-line rig from Alienware or Voodoo for 8 grand if your parents don't mind price.

haha. i probably will get a really flashy one... i didn't get into the laptop class my school so dad just said i could get whatever pc i wanted!! i'm spoiled..