Thread: Siu Yiu Sect - knowledge of "North Kiu Fung, South Mo Yung," etc.?

Default Siu Yiu Sect - knowledge of "North Kiu Fung, South Mo Yung," etc.?

The Siu Yiu Sect was fairly isolated from mainstream wulin. Hence, very few in the wulin of DGSD knew of its existence. Was the inverse also true, however? Since Mo Ngai Tze was isolated in his secret chamber for decades, it's not surprising that he probably would not have heard of "North Kiu Fung," "South Mo Yung," the Dali Deun Royal Family (at least the then-current generation), the Four Great Evils, and other personalities and events happening in the mainstream wulin of the time. What about Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui, however? They were a bit far removed from the center of the action, but not to the extremes that Mo Ngai Tze was. Were they aware of entities such as Kiu Fung, the Mo Yung Family, the Deuns of Dali, etc., and if they were, did they perceive a potential threat from such entities?

South Mo Yung is actually a weakling learning other martial arts and can't even defeat Q Feng and Duan Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    South Mo Yung is actually a weakling learning other martial arts and can't even defeat Q Feng and Duan Yu.
    He might not be better than the two sworn brothers, but he was better than most average fighters.

He doesn't deserve to enjoy the same fame as XF though.

In terms of "South Mo Yung," the fearsome reputation comes more from the father (Mo Yung Bok) and the long line of ancestors rather than from the son (Mo Yung F'uk).

I was sorta watching DGSD81' and this question popped in, I had to wonder.

1) Why did Madame Wang move all her parents' collection of martial arts to her husband's home?
    2) Whatever happened to Mr. Wang, did he die?
    3)I assume WYY told MRF about the collection and therefore was able to guide him and allow him to learn all those martial arts from different schools. Would Madame Wang actually tell her daughter about this collection, or did she discover it on her own and leaked it out to her cousin? Or was this widely known to everyone?
    4) How did Wu Ya Zi acquire all those manuals?

Small comment, the 81' Zhong Ling reminds me a little of Huang Rong and Guo Xiang.

Anyway, Xiao Yao sect , even if they knew of these people, they wouldn't care for them because members of the Xiao Yao sect see themselves as superior beings, right? So what threat would these people be to them?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Small comment, the 81' Zhong Ling reminds me a little of Huang Rong and Guo Xiang.
    I would not be at all surprised if Chung Ling were modeled on those two characters.

That Wong Yung/Gwok Seung type character is a kind of wuxia archetype anyway.

Anyway, Xiao Yao sect , even if they knew of these people, they wouldn't care for them because members of the Xiao Yao sect see themselves as superior beings, right? So what threat would these people be to them?
    They might see themselves as superior, but if they'd heard anything about the feats of Kiu Fung or Mo Yung Bok, they'd likely at least think, "Hmmm...these people are able to do some of the stuff we thought only we could do."

Which, of course, would make them threatening.

Individually, I don't see Teen San Tung Lo, Lee Chou Sui, or Mo Ngai Tze as being that much tougher than the Kiu Fung-class Elite fighters. When all their power is combined into Hui Juk, yes, but individually...I'm half convinced Kiu Fung could probably take on one of them, at least.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

the elders were two generations above XF and MRF, MRB was one generation below. they went into semi seculsion when these youngsters came out, and spent all their time trying to kill each other, they probably were not aware of any other great names. TSTL did not even know the two little monks she knew way back then had become elders and the abbott f shaolin.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The Siu Yiu Sect was fairly isolated from mainstream wulin. Hence, very few in the wulin of DGSD knew of its existence. Was the inverse also true, however? Since Mo Ngai Tze was isolated in his secret chamber for decades, it's not surprising that he probably would not have heard of "North Kiu Fung," "South Mo Yung," the Dali Deun Royal Family (at least the then-current generation), the Four Great Evils, and other personalities and events happening in the mainstream wulin of the time. What about Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui, however? They were a bit far removed from the center of the action, but not to the extremes that Mo Ngai Tze was. Were they aware of entities such as Kiu Fung, the Mo Yung Family, the Deuns of Dali, etc., and if they were, did they perceive a potential threat from such entities?
    Mo Ngai Tze asked Xu Zhu if the great hero Kiu Fung was at the weiqi thingy, proving he knows about him.

Well I think there isn't any potential threat because, as you mentioned, the sect was fairly removed. Therefore the didn't really interact with the other sects/figures, so they were a Switzerland type.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    Well I think there isn't any potential threat because, as you mentioned, the sect was fairly removed. Therefore the didn't really interact with the other sects/figures, so they were a Switzerland type.
    What kind of puts the lie to that, however, is the fact that shortly after Teen San Tung Lo's death, Mo Yung F'uk led Ding Chun Chou and those cave and island dwellers in an assault on her Ling Jau Manor. Whether the Siu Yiu Sect leaders liked it or not, the mainstream wulin was beginning to impinge upon their sanctuaries.

Wuyazi knew of Qiao Feng, Murong Fu, the Duan family, and other current famous names in the martial world. Tianshan Tonglao and Li Qiushui probably knew about them too, but they were so immersed in their own little world during their novel time, that they hardly talked about other people.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by bigTEX View Post
    That plus they were carefree people from a carefree sect. Meaning they could careless about such entities being a threat. Whatever comes will come.
    They might have called themselves "carefree," but they really weren't. Mo Ngai Tze was quite obssessed with the sister of Lee Chou Sui, and Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui were quite obssessed with their lust for Mo Ngai Tze and their errant hatred of each other. On top of that, Teen San Tung Lo had plenty of concerns with her Ling Jau Manor gang and Lee Chou Sui, as a princess of the Hsi Hsia Kingdom and leader of Hsi Hsia's 1 Bun Tong force.

"Carefree" indeed.

The fact that Wuyazi wanted XF and MRF present at the chess-test meant that he did know about them.

It would not be surprising for TSTL and LQS to know about the happenings in wulin since they had many minions working for them who are actively working in wulin.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!