Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is strongest in LOCH Greats.

Default Who is strongest in LOCH Greats.

There were 5 but Wong Chong Yang died so out of the remaining 4 who is stronger? I'm not talking about after Ouyeng Feng became insane and learned the nine yin, I'm just asking at the start of LOCH who is stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    There were 5 but Wong Chong Yang died so out of the remaining 4 who is stronger? I'm not talking about after Ouyeng Feng became insane and learned the nine yin, I'm just asking at the start of LOCH who is stronger?
    They were likely on par. Each of them at one point or another thought he had pulled ahead of the others, but when they actually confronted each other, they were surprised to find themselves in stalemate situations.

I think Yideng was the strongest during LOCH, before losing his internal energy. He was the only one who could possibly defeat Ouyang Feng, and I don't see anyone outperforming him.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I think Yideng was the strongest during LOCH, before losing his internal energy. He was the only one who could possibly defeat Ouyang Feng, and I don't see anyone outperforming him.
    +1 I also go with Yideng in the course of LOCH, not at the end of the book.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

I agreed, specially after he exchanged martial arts with Wang Chongyang's First Heaven Art combined with his Yi Yang Finger to control Ouyang Feng.
    He said "Mie at the top, Jue at the bottom". She replied "Yes, Absolute Annihilation...

I see no conclusive evidence that South Emperor Deun Chi Hing/1 Deng the Monk was more powerful than the other Greats during the LOCH storyline proper. At the point where he injured West Poison Au Yeung Fung, he might possibly have been more powerful, or perhaps not: the combination of Sin Teen Gung and 1 Yeung Finger Technique was specifically a counter for Ha Mo Gung, but who knows how effective it would have been against Hong Lung 18 Palms, Dog Beating Stick Technique, or Peach Blossom Island martial arts? Moreover, that was twenty years before LOCH began: both North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and East Heretic Wong Yerk See had improved greatly since that time. Finally, it should be pointed out that while Hung 7 Gung and Wong Yerk See actively worked on improving their martial arts during that twenty year period in anticipation of a second Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, 1 Deng was a Buddhist monk who had forsworn further active participation in wulin affairs. It's unlikely he trained his martial arts with the intensity that Hung 7 Gung, Wong Yerk See, and Au Yeung Fung did.

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    +1 I also go with Yideng in the course of LOCH, not at the end of the book.
    Hmm, +1, for a while there I thought this was a Survivor game.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

actually, before yideng became a monk, he invited HQG to learn both yiyangzhi and XTXG, and HQG thought it was strange, because yideng was slighlty superior to both him and HYS, and with XTXG, he was a assured winner at the second huashan tournament. even OYF had to admit yideng was superior to him and HYS, and he wasn't trying to pass for humble. yideng was the strongest after WCY.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

What about when H7G use DGBF.

Now imho, HYS is the strongest. Using my biased analysis - OYF commented that he needed snakes to compete with H7G and his numerous beggar members, YD and his army, HYS and his formation. Hence HYS with his formation knowledge is threatening enough to OYF to have an army of snakes, which in turn can match YD and H7G people army, in opinion of OYF.

Also, HYS was able to defeat JLFW without even being there. The rock formation used by HR and co. eventuated in JLFW injury himself in frustation and confusion (a bit of stupidity too).
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    What about when H7G use DGBF.
    What about any Great swinging the Heavenly Sword?

You mean YG? Didn't he almost die to JLFW, who I must remind almost died to HYS if that YG bothered to kill him.

Now in all seriousness, didn't H7G think that he can defeat OYF if he used dog beating skill? If used their battle on Hua Shan in front of YG as evidence, where OYF took a while to counter dog beating skill, and rewind the date. Or is this another case of theory and not practice.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    You mean YG? Didn't he almost die to JLFW, who I must remind almost died to HYS if that YG bothered to kill him.

Now in all seriousness, didn't H7G think that he can defeat OYF if he used dog beating skill? If used their battle on Hua Shan in front of YG as evidence, where OYF took a while to counter dog beating skill, and rewind the date. Or is this another case of theory and not practice.
    YG was only losing because he underestimated JLFW.

Yeah, I think H7G did have that thought. At the last part, I don't think it can really be counted since it was only a theory match. However, we can see that they are about equal from their previous exchange.

Well to be fair, out of all the theories, the only thing that has been proven is Yi Deng's combo which is really the black star for OYF and has been proven.

Hong Qigong using Dog-Beating Stick might be able to defeat Ouyang Feng, but using weapons to win is kind of cheap. The Heavenly Sword example I gave was to point out that if any Great used the Heavenly Sword, he would defeat the other Greats, but that is due to the weapon not the skills of the user. Yideng can win Ouyang Feng WITHOUT resorting to weaponry; I consider that to be a true superiority.

Eh? I don't consider using a weapon a sign of inferiority. After all, OYF had his special staff skills too. Now, RELYING on a weapon's superiority is a different case, but for most people, using the DBS is actually a handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    Now, RELYING on a weapon's superiority is a different case, but for most people, using the DBS is actually a handicap.
    ala MieJue w Heaven Sword vs Purple Robed Dragon King???

Hong Qigong using Dog-Beating Stick might be able to defeat Ouyang Feng, but using weapons to win is kind of cheap. The Heavenly Sword example I gave was to point out that if any Great used the Heavenly Sword, he would defeat the other Greats, but that is due to the weapon not the skills of the user. Yideng can win Ouyang Feng WITHOUT resorting to weaponry; I consider that to be a true superiority.
    Is the XTWG+YYZ the black star of OYF's Toad skills only or all of his martial arts? OYF still has his snake staff skills which would match up with HYS' flute sword stance and HQG's Dog Beating Staff. Using a weapon is not cheap. I'm not sure what weapon YD uses, but the rest of the greats have weapon skills and palm, finger skills. I don't think YD can automatically beat OYF with his snake staff.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    actually, before yideng became a monk, he invited HQG to learn both yiyangzhi and XTXG, and HQG thought it was strange, because yideng was slighlty superior to both him and HYS, and with XTXG, he was a assured winner at the second huashan tournament. even OYF had to admit yideng was superior to him and HYS, and he wasn't trying to pass for humble. yideng was the strongest after WCY.
    This was in the book?

It did. Yideng had been contemplating suicide at this point.

ChronoReverse is correct. HQG refused to learn from Yideng, even though it would benefit his martial arts greatly, because he guessed, correctly, that the only thing keeping Yideng from committing suicide was the fact that if he had done so, Wang Chongyang's signature martial arts, the Xiantian Gong, would pass away forever from the world; not only would it be doing a disservice to Wang Chongyang, who had entrusted him with his martial arts, but also there would no longer be anyone who would be able to subdue Ouyang Feng.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!