Thread: Review : How to meet a perfect neighbor

Unhappy Review : How to meet a perfect neighbor

Title : How to meet a perfect neighbor
    Starring :
    Kim Seung Woo - Back Soo Chan the ex-gigglo
    Bae Doo Na - Chung Yoon Hee the concubine
    Park Shi Hoo - Yoo Joon Suk the rich heir
    Min Ji Hye - Go Hye Mi the evil fiance
    Synopse : A comedy between a concubine, the concubine's rich heir boyfriend, the rich heir's evil fiance, and the concubine's best friend involving two murders..

Review : This drama actually reverts back to old Korean drama formula, two women fighting for the affection and love of one rich heir, but with an interesting twist. It is the concubine who is the good girl, while the fiance is the evil scamming *****. How the good girl got to be the concubine while the evil scammer got to be the fiance is a long story, but it's something like the rich heir only loves his secretary, but his mother threatens to commit suicide if he ran out with the secretary, so he has no choice but to be engaged to the girl of his mother's choice. But the heir can't live without his secretary so he asks her to stay with him as his concubine, while telling his fiance that he doesn't love her but would marry her on paper to please his mother, only if the fiance accepted his relationship with the concubine. The evil fiance is only interested in his power and money and accepts the term, but makes the concubine's life miserable enough so that she would leave the relationship. Then where does Kim Seung Woo(The lead of Hotelier and the supposed lead of this show as well) fit in? Well, he is the ex-gigglo who understands a woman's heart better than any man(That's why he was a successful gigglo). He befriends the concubine and offers her emotional support while she comes to terms with the emotional distress of being a concubine. Well, Kim Seung Woo has aged a lot since his last show and he looks like a misfit in this show.

So how is the show? Well, this show is rare in that it recycles the old formula, in the era of "older woman/younger man" and "gay(real or imaginary ala Coffee Prince)" couple pairing craze that's sweeping through Korean dramas nowadays. Old time viewers will feel right at home because of this. The show is reasonably and moderately funny, not a non-stop laugh your lungs out comedy like The Fantasy Couple or Coffee Prince No. 1. Other than that the show is kinda draggy. Recommended for the fans of old school dramas.

I watched two episodes and cant go on. It was kinda boring for me. There were no cute actors/actresses.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

jondoe--please recommend me a good series to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    I watched two episodes and cant go on. It was kinda boring for me.
    The show picks up some pace and gets interesting after episode 6, so you might want to skip the first 5 episodes.

There were no cute actors/actresses.
    That's not true. The evil fiance is hot looking, and Park Shi Hoo doesn't look bad either.

jondoe--please recommend me a good series to watch...
    I would recommend "Thank you very much". This is a heart warming story.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    The show picks up some pace and gets interesting after episode 6, so you might want to skip the first 5 episodes.

That's not true. The evil fiance is hot looking, and Park Shi Hoo doesn't look bad either.

I would recommend "Thank you very much". This is a heart warming story.

Im currently watching it on AZNTV..its very sad.

This show was seriously awesome.. .. . .BUT it also pissed me off completely

I mean I loved Baek Soo Chans character it was so awesome and IMO he WAS the second lead if not the MAIN LEAD.

BUT WTF WAS UP WITH THAT ENDING!

That ending was so gay they coulda done his character more justice!!!!!!!