Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Possessed (Six Finger Lyre Demon)

Default The Possessed (Six Finger Lyre Demon)

Anybody ever watch this show/read the novel? It's re-running on the TVB Jade channels and I caught random episodes of it last time around. The plot seemed mildly interesting in the beginning with the random powerful strangers, a talking skull mountain?, the lyre demon of course, and a a whole bunch of wuxia-superhuman borderline characters. It fell apart though with the plot becoming endlessly tiresome and the plot rather unconvincing. The whole show revolves around looking for arrows so you can shoot him from far away without the lyre affecting you? Ugh.

I can't imagine the novel being only about this, even the movie seemed to have a more enjoyable and coherent plot. Of course I missed a lot of this series, anyone care to shed some light into this matter?

I never got to see the 80s version but there's a Taiwanese or China version with Ning Jing and Nicky Wu made in the recent years. So maybe it is based on a novel?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

It is based on a novel.

There are previous film adaptations too.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=569

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

I've never read the novel, but so far TVB's is the only adaptation I've seen which makes the zither demon the villain. The movie and the Ning Jing version both portray the demon as vengeful, but not the villain. The Ghost Saint, Fire Ancestor, He Qinghua and Dongfang Bai were all baddies but in the TVB version only Ghost Saint could really be called evil.

I suspect TVB turned everything around.. I'm still watching the Ning Jing version and it's quite enjoyable, although I'm getting sick of watching Nicky Wu - the scenes with him and Ning Jing drag on and on needlessly ...

It is a novel written by Ni Kuang. . .
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

I loved watching Lawrence Ng's version as a kid, now it's so corny. Great memories, still.

Yeah I don't like how the storyline progresses at all as I'm watching random episodes.

On a side note, it feels like the Lyre Demon has the same powers as a guy who went back in time with a machine gun and unlimited bullets. Also, what is stopping these noble heros willing to give their lives from just making themselves deaf and then attacking him?

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Yeah I don't like how the storyline progresses at all as I'm watching random episodes.

On a side note, it feels like the Lyre Demon has the same powers as a guy who went back in time with a machine gun and unlimited bullets. Also, what is stopping these noble heros willing to give their lives from just making themselves deaf and then attacking him?
    I think it's not just loud or unpleasant music, but very physical soundwaves, hence the explosions etc..

Does anyone know a link to download the TVB 80s version of this novel?
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 11-18-10 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    Does anyone know a link to download the TVB 80s version of this novel with English subtitles or Viet dub please???? Thanks.
    oi may, tau co nicky wu/ning jing version 'luc chi cam ma' check pm

is there any other tv adaptions of this, and yes i dont like the above version also, too much cgi bs...i remember barrowing a friends copy and didnt like it after watchin a few minutes cause i never heard of the title and author of this work...

im sure theres a movie of this i think ive seen on y outube...

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hiep View Post
    oi may, tau co nicky wu/ning jing version 'luc chi cam ma' check pm

is there any other tv adaptions of this, and yes i dont like the above version also, too much cgi bs...i remember barrowing a friends copy and didnt like it after watchin a few minutes cause i never heard of the title and author of this work...

im sure theres a movie of this i think ive seen on y outube...
    Nah I don't want the Nicky Wu version. I just want the TVB version and so far haven't been able to find a place to download it.

Nah I don't want the Nicky Wu version. I just want the TVB version lol.
    1985 'the possessed'?
    Last edited by Dai Hiep; 10-12-10 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hiep View Post
    what year was tvb version and title?
    Title is 'The Possessed', year is 1985 I think. In case you need it, the Viet title is 'Luc Chi Cam Ma'.

Title is 'The Possessed', year is 1985 I think. In case you need it, the Viet title is 'Luc Chi Cam Ma'.
    i found it

check pm box

Anybody ever watch this show/read the novel? It's re-running on the TVB Jade channels and I caught random episodes of it last time around. The plot seemed mildly interesting in the beginning with the random powerful strangers, a talking skull mountain?, the lyre demon of course, and a a whole bunch of wuxia-superhuman borderline characters. It fell apart though with the plot becoming endlessly tiresome and the plot rather unconvincing. The whole show revolves around looking for arrows so you can shoot him from far away without the lyre affecting you? Ugh.

I can't imagine the novel being only about this, even the movie seemed to have a more enjoyable and coherent plot. Of course I missed a lot of this series, anyone care to shed some light into this matter?
    Which version was this series that you saw?

It looked to be a late 80's or early 90's TVB series starring Lawrence Ng.

It looked to be a late 80's or early 90's TVB series starring Lawrence Ng.
    I just finished that series yesterday. I loved the first half but the second half was pretty boring to me after they totally ruined Yue Hua's character. But I liked Dongfang Bai in this series though.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 10-21-10 at 11:48 PM.

I just finished that series yesterday. I loved the first half but the second half was pretty boring to me after they totally ruined Yue Hua's character. But I liked Dongfang Bai in this series though.

can u share the version? i've been looking but haven't had any luck with it...

Quote Originally Posted by kellyhuynh View Post
    can u share the version? i've been looking but haven't had any luck with it...
    I bought it from some store and it's on dvd disk.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonTVBfan View Post
    I loved watching Lawrence Ng's version as a kid, now it's so corny. Great memories, still.
    Lawrenc Ng version 'is the only version i watched when i was a kid'. I actually saw the Nikki Wu version of the "Six finger lyre demon' But i decided to buy the original version in which i have watched, because i remember as a kid - I love that series. I also love (and i think this is the only time i love "Sek Sau'') character in which he played as Dong Fang Ba - He's SOO COOL - wears white and powerful (the ending is quite sad in my taste though) but i still like it - talking about the opening it sounds a bit strange now that i listen to it again - but i still dl it anyways because i love this series!

So I prefer the Lawrence Ng version - because i like "Sek Sau'' as Dong Fang Ba ))

Its still a good drama to watch preferrably i like those Wuxia dramas back in the 80's or early 90's better than now-adays