Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food for thought: And The "Best" Martial Arts is . . .

Default Food for thought: And The "Best" Martial Arts is . . .

1. What do you think is the "Best" martial arts?

DGSD arts are traditionally considered better than the other novels', but is that the case? The Xiaoyao Sect elders practiced several advanced martial arts for about 80 years, but their internal powers weren't *that* far ahead of Zhang Wuji, who only practiced 9 Yang Shen Gong for what, less than 10 years? Doesn't that mean 9 Yang can be considered a better internal cultivation method than Little Formless Skill, Everywhere I Reign Supremely, etc?

2. If you were to choose only ONE internal energy cultivation method to yield the maximum result within a short period of time (let's say ONE MONTH), which method would you choose? For this question, we assume that people will be happy to help you out, but the method has to be a bona-fide named method, not just a freak accident.

I would pick Beiming Shengong. Start out by leeching a few throwaway guys, then gradually move to the bigger fishes.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I would go to Du Gu's Condor and ask him/her to do what he/she did to Yang Guo.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

I would go for the "Snake Bladder Method". Scarf them down day and night and hope I don't explode from the internal energy boost =)

Even better, there's no fear of energy streams going wild (which happened even for DY).

I would learned star sucking technique to absorb some wimps internal energy like PJ say or learned the Hap Hak martial art in a short time to increase my internal energy ten times.

I'd go the Bixie route for biggest bang for the buck in a month ...

just kidding.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Bei Ming is by far the martial art with the most potential.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Would anyone like the comment on the "Xiaoyao Pai vs 9 Yang, which is better" thingy?

Definitely Bei ming shen gong

Well BMSG is questionable, do you know any other martial arts? If you are only going for internal energy w/o anyother martial training then you can be easily killed by a projectile or poison and such. So, I would go with condor method also, seems a little safer, isolated.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Well, one month of 9 Yang is going to get you nowhere as well. ZWJ spent 5 years and got one lucky break with the Qian Kun bag to get to where he was.

For Bei Ming, the potential after 1 month (DY just trained for a few days and could start absorbing energy) of training would be enormous. The hard part would be to survive the first few encounters while leeching some low level fighters.

The other 'instant' option would be the DGSD YJJ and maybe Tai Xuan Gong.

Beiming Shengong is definitely more potential-supplying than 9 Yang, but I was wondering how would 9 Yang compare to the other internal cultivation methods of Xiaoyao Pai such as Bahuang Liuhe Weiwo Duzun Gong and Xiao Wuxiang Gong.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Beiming Shengong is definitely more potential-supplying than 9 Yang, but I was wondering how would 9 Yang compare to the other internal cultivation methods of Xiaoyao Pai such as Bahuang Liuhe Weiwo Duzun Gong and Xiao Wuxiang Gong.

With the incomplete Xiao Wu Xiang Gong, JMZ was dominating the Xuan Monks like ZWJ was dominating Mr Undefeated Dragon Claws. So it can't be any worse then 9 Yang (bearing in mind that ZWJ had the Qian Kun bag accelerated version).

It's probably Bak Ming Sun Gung, but that leaves a bad taste in my mouth for two reasons: 1). It's practically cheating and 2). it's representative user was *Deun Yu* of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It's probably Bak Ming Sun Gung, but that leaves a bad taste in my mouth for two reasons: 1). It's practically cheating and 2). it's representative user was *Deun Yu* of all people.
    Well, for #2, the problem also applies to the mighty 6MSJ and LBWB.IMHO, one of the best offense and the best defence skill in the JY world.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Well, for #2, the problem also applies to the mighty 6MSJ and LBWB.IMHO, one of the best offense and the best defence skill in the JY world.
    All for a guy who technically doesn't practice martial arts and in fact, hates them. I know that was the theme of DGSD, but it's hard for me to get over the lameness of it all.

With the incomplete Xiao Wu Xiang Gong, JMZ was dominating the Xuan Monks like ZWJ was dominating Mr Undefeated Dragon Claws. So it can't be any worse then 9 Yang (bearing in mind that ZWJ had the Qian Kun bag accelerated version).
    JMZ also had more than 5 yrs training. he probably already had a solid background prior to XWXG...

Duan Yu barely mastered 6MSG and he only used Bak Ming Sun Gong 1-2 times in the beginning.

But Jiumozhi also had 72 arts + Tibetan kung fu. How much was really owed to Xiao Wuxiang Gong? Let's look at Li Qiushui instead. It was said that was her main kung fu. Even if she had twice as much internal energy as Zhang Wuji, she practiced it for 60+ years whereas Zhang Wuji only practiced it for 10 years. Even bearing in mind the Qiankun bag thing, I think 9 Yang still sounds more impressive than Xiao Wuxiang Gong.

DY got the best martial BMSG, 6msj and LBWB

Use of Bei Ming Shen Gong would be unethical. I'd go with 9 Yang.