Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Restaurant recommendation for various cities

Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    there are lots of places with those brazilian all you can eat meat-fests. i wonder if it's good. i've never tried. just looking at all that slow roasted animal parts makes me feel bad.
    Well i havent been to the one in SF but I went to one in ABQ that was similar to it and it was really good. A little pricey but it all you can eat meat!! The waiters come around serving the meat on screwer. Yum just talking about it makes me want to go there again. Too bad I live in Sacramento.

Speaking of food in the SF/Bay area there is a really good resturant called Spices. I really like their stinky tofu, and beef stew noodles yumm. It is on Clement and 6th st i think. There is also a newer version on Clement and 8th St also.

http://sanfrancisco.menupages.com/re...60&cuisineid=0

If you like Sushi, NOBU NeXT DOOR in NYC is to die for. We wanted to go to NOBU in NYC but of course we can't get reservation for it so we had to go to NOBU NEXT DOOR. It was still good and we had a great time.

Any recommendation for a GOOD KOREAN RESTAURANt in DALLAS, TX?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

I heard there is a Jekyll & Hyde Club in NYC that is very unique. I wouldn't mind going there someday.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Can anyone recommend some good Chinese/Asian restaurants in Chicago? The only one I know is Lao Sichuan, and their food is usually hit or miss. I loved their "Sliced Husband and Wife Lungs" cold dish, but their "Fiery Stir-fried Kidney" was flavorless. The dim sum places seem to have good food but very poor service to non-Cantonese customers.
    i don't really like Lao Sichuan that much, only their extra spicy hotpot ($14/pp). I'd rather go to Spring Mountain on the other end to satisfy spicy craving.

Dim Sum: Phoenix is usually good service but very expensive. The new more popular place is Mountainview Cafe in Chinatown Square - good prices.

Taiwanese food - I think there is only one restaurant in Chicago and that is KS Seafood, but I'm not Taiwanese so don't have good opinion on whether or not food is good - but service is excellent and the place is clean.

Crowd Favorite - Joy Yee's is probably Chicago's Chinatown's most popular restaurant, the food is pan-asian and just average quality but the fruit drinks are excellent

Dinner - we love going to Dragon Court (seafood) and Shui Wah (Chiu Chow style)

Cafe - bakeries abound but I really like the egg tarts at Tasty Place (they just opened 4 stores), another crowded place is Ken Kee for HK style diner food, but Chi-cafe should be much better choice (opening in late Sept 2007).

Non-Asian Restaurants in Chicago:

Bob Chinn's in Wheeling for seafood

Fogo de Chao or Brazzaz for Brazilian steakhouse buffets (Fogo has more perfectly cooked meats and Brazzaz has great salad bar)

Hot Doug's for gourmet hot dogs

Italian - so many - but my favorites are Gioco (handmade pastas) and Sabatino's (if you go on weekdays there's live violon player that serenades your table!!)

try yelp.com/chicago for restaurant reviews

I will not try to get into the pizza wars.
    Last edited by smurf120; 08-28-07 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks smurf120.

Crowd Favorite - Joy Yee's is probably Chicago's Chinatown's most popular restaurant, the food is pan-asian and just average quality but the fruit drinks are excellent
    Is that the one with nearly 100 types of bubble tea? In that case I do love their drinks but have never eaten there.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

PJ - Do you live near chicago?

Yes, Joy Yee's has the largest selection on bubble teas that I am aware of in Chicago - in fact I think their drink selection even bypasses Starbucks, Argo Tea, and Jamba Juice. The food, however, is only so-so.

If you must eat there, try the beef rolls, japanese appetizer combo, vietnamese shrimp spring rolls, and beef tomato rice. Lots of people like the Korean ribs but I think they are too chewy.

Hole-in-the wall: if you like BBQ, try Great Wall's BBQ Pk - its a really dirty looking restaurant but they have the best bbq pk.

Tony Roma's for ribs. Droool!

to smurf120: I am located about 150 miles from Chicago

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

Go to the restaurant Bills in Sydney, Astralia because Geoffrey Rush went there with his family when the play Exit the King was playing. There are others too but that's where my friend spot him.
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

Oh, and go to the Bayou restaurant at Disneyland inside the Pirates ride.
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

I was in Chicago a few days ago. Unfortunately I didn't have this guide handyh with me! Definitely won't forget it next time

Quote Originally Posted by smurf120 View Post
    i don't really like Lao Sichuan that much, only their extra spicy hotpot ($14/pp). I'd rather go to Spring Mountain on the other end to satisfy spicy craving.
    Would that be Hong Tashan, the Yunnan restaurant? I ate there. I liked the food, but didn't think it was better than Lao Sichuan's food.

Dim Sum: Phoenix is usually good service but very expensive. The new more popular place is Mountainview Cafe in Chinatown Square - good prices.
    Ah yes, I had the opportunity to dine at MountainView for dim sum. Excellent prices! The shark fin roll was my favorite (it was more pork I think)