View Poll Results: If Ada Choi was in the cast of WAB, who would she replace and why?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Maggie Cheung

12 24.49%
  • Sheren Teng

9 18.37%
  • Charmaine Sheh

7 14.29%
  • Gigi Lai

21 42.86%

Thread: If Ada Choi was in the cast of War and Beauty, who would she replace and why?

Default If Ada Choi was in the cast of War and Beauty, who would she replace and why?

Out of the 4 leading ladies, who could you see Ada Choi replacing if she had stayed with the War and Beauty cast?

1) Maggie Cheung's role ~ the palace maid
    2) Sheren Tang's role
    3) Charmaine Sheh's role
    4) Gigi Lai's role

I could see 1) being most likely, but definitely not 2).

Someone actually thought she could replace Sheren? I think she's not quite mature enough for Sheren's role. It would've certainly been weird seeing her act as Yu Fei w/ Gigi Lai, who doesn't look that much younger than her.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

I'd lean more on Yuk Ying character for Ada.....she's perfect to play the cunning girl....somehow she has the intelligent looks, and her eyes can give off this slick and sly aura.....

She'll do well as Yuk Ying.. I think she'll be able to be both good and bad at the same time, yet getting the audience to stand on her side...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Definitely Gigi Lai, who sounded asthmatic in this series. She was terrible.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

as much as i like Gigi, i dont think she did a great job here....when i saw Yuk Ying character in the palace, i already imagined Ada Choi standing there....

Gigi lai... her innocent face doesnt fit here.

i cant imagine ada in any other role except for sharen's. but sharen did great there so its not needed to replace ada with sharen.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I don't think Ada could handle it. She doesn't look old enough, and like I said, she'll look really odd with Gigi Lai being so much younger than her. But she would be the next Yu Fei out of the 4 people, although Maggie Cheung could probably handle it as well.

I think to make the show better, she should best replace Gigi. I agree, I have no idea why Gigi won best actress out of the 4 of them. She was the worst in my opinion. Even Charmaine out-performed her, or maybe that's just Charmaine Sheh's awesome dubbing artist biasing me lol.

Cool Ada Choi suit Gigi LAis's place

Hi! I think Ada Choi will suit as Gigi Lai. Ada can act as the good and the veil one. And I'm sure she can do better than Gigi.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    I don't think Ada could handle it. She doesn't look old enough, and like I said, she'll look really odd with Gigi Lai being so much younger than her. But she would be the next Yu Fei out of the 4 people, although Maggie Cheung could probably handle it as well.

I think to make the show better, she should best replace Gigi. I agree, I have no idea why Gigi won best actress out of the 4 of them. She was the worst in my opinion. Even Charmaine out-performed her, or maybe that's just Charmaine Sheh's awesome dubbing artist biasing me lol.
    I guess many people here didnt like GG's performance in WAB but i for one liked it. In fact, i actually started to like GG proper after WAB and i thought her acting was next best after Sheren's. Maggie was good as well but her role somehow lacked the spark. I thought the weakest out of the lot was Charmaine, who was a great disappointment imo given that her character was allocated so much opportunity to shine. Charmaine just bypassed that chance to play Yee Shun proper and gave the character such a bland and boring portrayal. If anything, I would actually love to see Ada take on the role of Yee Shun; she's so much more capable of giving a unique portrayal of Yee Shun.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

eh yuk ying is evil? or naively evil. i tot charmaine is the evil one? oops supposed to answer the question right? haha i think ada should replace... but can someone clear my doubts first? haha

hahah, personally i think Sheren's irreplaceable! <3

i'd like to see her potraying Gigi's character! & i'm sure she'd carry it off better. (:
    Christine Ng, Joyce Tang, Leila Tong, Shirley Yeung & Tavia Yeung.
    Raymond Lam & Roger Kwok

I don't really like to watch Ada in ancient series, though she is good. I love her acting and all, but just think she doesn't really have the ancient look. Well, at least not as much as Gigi. I can't really imagine her replacing any of the characters, especially Yue Fei (Sheren Tang). Gigi was born to take the character (except for her crying skills, her acting is just suitable for the spoiled and powerful type). I love Charmaine's character the most, only if TVB find someone with better acting to take the role. Maggie? Probably.

I think that Gigi should really, really be replaced in WAB by Ada. Gigi and her overreactions/heavy breathing was overly annoying. Plus, Ada looks better with Bowie XD