Thread: Connections of Jinyong novels about Qing dynasty?

Default Connections of Jinyong novels about Qing dynasty?

The book and the sword, flying fox of snowy mountain, and The duke of mount deer is connected somehow but what? I know the one arm nun from duke and mount deer was the princess from sword stained with royal blood right? The one I never know is Sword of the Yue Maiden, Other Tales of the Flying Fox, Swordswoman Riding West on White Horse, Blade-dance of the Two Lovers, and A Deadly Secret.

'Sword of Yue Maiden' was set in the 'Spring and Autumn Period' (春秋時代) which span from 722 BC to 481 BC.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

'Other Tales of the Flying Fox' is the prequel of 'Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain'.

'Other Tales of the Flying Fox' came after 'Book and Sword'. Fu Kang An who appeared in 'Book and Sword' also appeared in 'Other Tales of the Flying Fox', so did one of the Red Flower Sect member, Zhao Ban Shan. Huo Qing Tong and some other Red Flower Sect members was mentioned in 'Other Tales of the Flying Fox'.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    The book and the sword, flying fox of snowy mountain, and The duke of mount deer is connected somehow but what? I know the one arm nun from duke and mount deer was the princess from sword stained with royal blood right? The one I never know is Sword of the Yue Maiden, Other Tales of the Flying Fox, Swordswoman Riding West on White Horse, Blade-dance of the Two Lovers, and A Deadly Secret.
    IF YOU'D ACTUALLY READ THE BOOKS, YOU WOULD KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Calm down, koth. No need to scream at people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Calm down, koth. No need to scream at people.
    I wasn't screaming, I was typing in caps only because I want aniking to notice this post. He usually ignores the useful advice I give to him. I pmed him and he still ignored me.

I wasn't screaming, I was typing in caps only because I want aniking to notice this post. He usually ignores the useful advice I give to him. I pmed him and he still ignored me.
    Well, if that's the case, typing in all caps is hardly going to help, right?

In Netiquette, typing in all caps is the equivalent of screaming at someone. You even have multiple exclamation marks to go with the capitalized words. Let's refrain from that on these forums, all right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Well, if that's the case, typing in all caps is hardly going to help, right?

In Netiquette, typing in all caps is the equivalent of screaming at someone. You even have multiple exclamation marks to go with the capitalized words. Let's refrain from that on these forums, all right?
    Fine (mumble mumble)

Not everyone know how to read Chinese man.

Actually, if aniking8 has put you in his ignore list, even if you put all your words in capital letters with big bold red highlight, he still won't see it. That is because post posted by members in his ignore list will not be show until he click'View Post'. You might as well save your breath. I'm most probably in his ignore list too since he never reply to any of his topic (that he created) after I posted in that topic.

Anyway, Will- is right. Not everyone know how to read chinese/vietnamese/indonesian. So, not everyone can read those books even if they wanted to.

* lots of wuxia novels has been translated to vietnamese and bahasa indonesia.

To expand on kidd, even those who can read it may not get some of the historical and cultural refrences that illistrate the time period, like emperor names or culturally named time periods.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情