Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter 7 - Deathly Hallows - SPOILER discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    it was in the first post

000, why bother replying to the guy, he was just spamming.

Who didn't you want to die? And which character lived but you wanted them to die?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Who didn't you want to die? And which character lived but you wanted them to die?
    I didn't want snape to die, but i was pretty sure that he was going to die, so it's not like it was a shock or anything. I didn't want Tonks and Lupin to die either, not after they'd just had a child

I wanted Harry to die, but that obviously didn't happen. The person i wanted most to die was Ginny though. Unfortanately, it seems she lives to a ripe old age and has 3 children. When Rowling said 2 major characters died, i thought major as in, at least Harry, Hermione or Ron. I was disappointed that none of them died and all had happy families with children named after flowers and a mixture of boys and girls. How lucky.

I wouldn't have minded if Lucius Malfoy died. his wife and kid could stay alive though. They're fine. And Mundungus Fletcher, he indirectly caused Moody to die ( I think)

The ppl i didn't want to die...almost all of the good guys.

35 years old isn't that old.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I didn't want snape to die, but i was pretty sure that he was going to die, so it's not like it was a shock or anything. I didn't want Tonks and Lupin to die either, not after they'd just had a child

I wanted Harry to die, but that obviously didn't happen. The person i wanted most to die was Ginny though. Unfortanately, it seems she lives to a ripe old age and has 3 children. When Rowling said 2 major characters died, i thought major as in, at least Harry, Hermione or Ron. I was disappointed that none of them died and all had happy families with children named after flowers and a mixture of boys and girls. How lucky.
    I absolutely wanted Ginny to die and before book 7 came out and before I read book 6 I was worry Ron may die because Ron has given me so much laughter throughout the years, but after book 6 I actually wanted both Weasley to die. Ginny was absolutely pointless to the entire story and well, I really wanted Hermione and Harry to get together, and the only way is to have Ron die.

I nearly gagged when I came upon this line describing Ginny: "he forgot how beautiful she is" . After seeing how ordinary looking Ginny is in the movie and how much I hate her, I fervently wish JK killed off her character.

JK Rowling reveal extra info on the epilogue: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Awww! I would absolutely love Luna to get together with Neville!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

If you found the epilogue of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” rather vague, then J.K. Rowling achieved her goal.

The author was shooting for “nebulous,” something “poetic.” She wanted the readers to feel as if they were looking at Platform 9¾ through the mist, unable to make out exactly who was there and who was not.

“I do, of course, have that information for you, should you require it,” she told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira rather coyly in her first interview since fans got their hands on the final book.
    Ummm … yes, please!
    More details to come?
    Rowling said she may eventually reveal more details in a Harry Potter encyclopedia, but even then, it will never be enough to satisfy the most ardent of her fans.

“I’m dealing with a level of obsession in some of my fans that will not rest until they know the middle names of Harry’s great-great-grandparents,” she said. Not that she’s discouraging the Potter devotion!

“I love it,” she said. “I’m all for that.”
    So, Harry Potter fans might still get to buy more books about the HP series even after book 7. A HP encyclopedia might be coming soon.

Great way to keep her novel in the limelight as long as possible. Release extra information little by little after the books are published and bought. Genius Rowling.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-27-07 at 01:48 AM.

Harry, Ron and Hermione don’t join the same Ministry of Magic they had been at odds with for years; they revolutionize it and the ministry evolves into a “really good place to be.”
    And Ron was still promoting 'housism' to his children.

Most probably Ginny was too since little Albus was so afraid of ending up in Slytherin. His father didn't mind at all. So, must be the mom.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-26-07 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    I nearly gagged when I came upon this line describing Ginny: "he forgot how beautiful she is" . After seeing how ordinary looking Ginny is in the movie and how much I hate her, I fervently wish JK killed off her character.
    That why I stay far away from the movies. They just ruin the images I already have in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    And Ron was still promoting 'housism' to his children.

Most probably Ginny was too since little Albus was so afraid of ending up in Slytherin. His father didn't mind at all. So, must be the mom.
    I reckon that there still is a rivalry between gryffindor and slytherin at school and it was James telling stories/lies to Albus that made him scared of being sorted into slytherin.

i didnt want dobby to die. it was so sad and harry dug his grave too. he died trying to save harry and them. ;(

but then kreacher turned out okay. i thought he was pretty weird in book 5 and indirectly killed sirus.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    So, Harry Potter fans might still get to buy more books about the HP series even after book 7th. A HP encyclopedia might be coming soon.

Great way to keep he novel in the limelight as long as possible. Release extra information little by little after the books are published and bought. Genuis Rowling.
    LOL, I'm sure after the encyclopedia, she will written another book. IIRC, she only said that the story arc between voldemort and hp wil be finish in 7 book arc, well she can write another story with a different storyline for examples:

- the first voldemort war - this should be interesting!
    - a prequel about dumbledore and his fight with grindelwald etc.
    - the peverell brothers adventure
    - hogwarts origin story
    - a new villain with harry as auror - lol this is supercool
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 07-27-07 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    - the first voldemort war - this should be interesting!
    please please please no. I like to think of the death eaters (some of them) as non typical "i am a slytherin who has like to use dark magic since i was 5" characters.

if it was the movies, Luna Harry is sooo cute. Luna and Neville would be just as cute! They're both adorable, i hope they ended up together

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

please please please no. I like to think of the death eaters (some of them) as non typical "i am a slytherin who has like to use dark magic since i was 5" characters.

if it was the movies, Luna Harry is sooo cute.
    LOL, for a witch and a wizard it is very easy to do Extramarital Affairs, floo network, disapparate etc, but must make sure no veritaserum supply exist in the house and must have strong occlumency. Anyway snape is dead, so veritaserum supply should be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    LOL, for a witch and a wizard it is very easy to do Extramarital Affairs, floo network, disapparate etc, but must make sure no veritaserum supply exist in the house and must have strong occlumency. Anyway snape is dead, so veritaserum supply should be limited.
    Naah. I don't think he's the only one who knows how to make Veritaserum.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Naah. I don't think he's the only one who knows how to make Veritaserum.
    heheh, but nobody can make it faster then the "half-blood prince"

Someone in here notices that Ginny's job was not mentioned. So, she's a housewife?

The comments about Ginny and Harry are funny.

More info on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156

It's Rowling's live web chat where she answers several questions about the story.

post deleted
    Last edited by kidd; 07-31-07 at 10:49 PM.