Thread: Chinese Slang

Default Chinese Slang

I have been reading some chinese books and some of the slang are really wierd.

So far the wierdest is when someone says their "teeth itch". What is that supposed to mean?

What are some other crazy chinese slangs that you guys have seen, and what do they approximate to in English?
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    I have been reading some chinese books and some of the slang are really wierd.

So far the wierdest is when someone says their "teeth itch". What is that supposed to mean?

What are some other crazy chinese slangs that you guys have seen, and what do they approximate to in English?
    I suppose it means you feel so much (normally a negative emotion) that you want to 'bite' (which would round off to attacking) that person in question.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

That is a pretty funny concept to me. What are some other wierd slangs in Chinese? Anyone have a favorite?
    --=={Grundle}==--

That is a pretty funny concept to me. What are some other wierd slangs in Chinese? Anyone have a favorite?
    kwai lai hou.... translation, ghost lick mouth... a favourite slang in my mother's day where they scold their children when the kids blurted out more than necessary....

Oh, is that something similar to a "tattle tale", or just a kid that tells a story and ends up divulging family secrets, or embarrassing family situations. I think I am going to use that phrase, it makes me laugh.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Oh, is that something similar to a "tattle tale", or just a kid that tells a story and ends up divulging family secrets, or embarrassing family situations. I think I am going to use that phrase, it makes me laugh.
    I don't know what a tattle tale is , then I find it is a kind of instrument to record the speed of a digger! English is so funny!

Forntunately , I find an example

“Don’t be a tattle-tale.” = don’t always be reporting to grownups what other children are doing that might be wrong.

Yes, In China , we do have an idiom just for this meaning .

DA XIAO BAO GAO , it menas give secrect report! Of course , to report the wrong thins others did , and it is negative ,too.

"打小报告“

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I suppose it means you feel so much (normally a negative emotion) that you want to 'bite' (which would round off to attacking) that person in question.
    Actually....it could have a sexual meaning as well I think. And that is less 'negative'? Though I guess it's still negative because it's referring to some horny dude.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Actually....it could have a sexual meaning as well I think. And that is less 'negative'? Though I guess it's still negative because it's referring to some horny dude.
    I think it has no sexual meaning in this, and it only means someone feel very angry so much and bite his or her teeth , which make the teeth itch.