Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Design your own martial art

This is from my fanfiction; hope it's not in anything else before...

"Within ten stances, it was clearly obvious that Mei Tian’er was gaining the upper hand. Worried about his companion, Hao Tian raised his sword ready to assist her. To his surprise, yellow sparks emitted from Ru Yi’s sword. He halted and watched with bewildered interest as she executed an attack he had never saw her use before.

Mei Tian’er’s eyes widened in shock at the skills of her intruder. The masked maiden leaped up, soaring into the dark night. She waved her sword in a thousands direction, so fast that the naked eyes could not make out its meandering path. Golden light emanated from both body and sword as the maiden descended, her sword plunging toward the ground, right at Mei Tian’er.

Shocked at the intruder’s capabilities, Mei Tian’er evaded with a rapid movement to the right. The sword of the intruder pierce through the hard granite ground, yet not a scratch was left on it.

“The Golden Stances of the Yellow Manuscipt?” mumbled Mei Tian’er, her eyes closely watching her opponent. She knew that this technique was the strongest of Wulin. Luckily for her, the skill of her attacker was still raw, allowing her to escape. "
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

I release my internal energy, evenly, through many points throughout the body (not just hand and legs, more like YG's sad palm etc.) and I start spinning rapidly, swirling my internal energy around me. I name this heavenly spin, and will me used to repel any strikes or weaponary that is struck with equal or less force than I can normally handle. In this way I can counter numerous hits at the same time from different directions (ie useful against many weaker fighters). Pros: against weak fighters, surprise attacks and being surrounded. Cons: energy intensive, weak in one on one fights.
    Don't forget another major con with this kung fu. If it doesn't quite work against the opponent, would you be able to stop spinning as your heart desires? Would you be able to protect yourself when you've stopped spinning? I doubt it, because it seems you need some time to recover from the dizziness, and before you can say "where am I," perhaps the opponent's sword is already in your throat.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Has anyone watched the Korean movie ROMANTIC WARRIORS aka ROMANTIC ASSASSINS? The "technique" practiced by the main characters is worth mentioning, although it's more of a strategy than martial art.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Don't forget another major con with this kung fu. If it doesn't quite work against the opponent, would you be able to stop spinning as your heart desires? Would you be able to protect yourself when you've stopped spinning? I doubt it, because it seems you need some time to recover from the dizziness, and before you can say "where am I," perhaps the opponent's sword is already in your throat.
    Neji doesn't get dizzy, so I won't either. Will use my internal energy to suppress the signals from my vestibular system.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Is it evil or cheating if you attack the person eyes or his sacred area?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Ok here's a few:

I release my internal energy, evenly, through many points throughout the body (not just hand and legs, more like YG's sad palm etc.) and I start spinning rapidly, swirling my internal energy around me. I name this heavenly spin, and will me used to repel any strikes or weaponary that is struck with equal or less force than I can normally handle. In this way I can counter numerous hits at the same time from different directions (ie useful against many weaker fighters). Pros: against weak fighters, surprise attacks and being surrounded. Cons: energy intensive, weak in one on one fights.
    Well, to be fair, Neji and his entire clan had the whole Ta chi thing going for them, so I'm thinking it is just a way of taking back an old idea. :P
    Last edited by Dimeron; 07-30-07 at 02:38 PM.

Here's an idea I thought of which combines martial arts with science, engineering, and manufacturing. It is of highly surprising nature. How about the ability to pump a lot of internal energy into a small, highly compressed invisible "energy ball" which floats in air. The energy ball would be made ahead of time and stay with you. When you release it, you can push it, throw it, etc towards the enemy. After a few seconds, it will erupt and your opponent will be toast (in most cases).

Right before the energy bomb erupts, it casts a "force shield" around the opponent, immobilizing him.

The above sounds like Kuma's Ursa Shock except it's not invisible.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Here's an idea I thought of which combines martial arts with science, engineering, and manufacturing. It is of highly surprising nature. How about the ability to pump a lot of internal energy into a small, highly compressed invisible "energy ball" which floats in air. The energy ball would be made ahead of time and stay with you. When you release it, you can push it, throw it, etc towards the enemy. After a few seconds, it will erupt and your opponent will be toast (in most cases).

Right before the energy bomb erupts, it casts a "force shield" around the opponent, immobilizing him.
    I think this would lead to many people in Jianghu scheming to steal each other's balls. /giggle

I would create a martial art centered around destroying the opponents stance. If his legs aren't firmly planted, he can't generate force. As such it will be extreme close quarters range of combat. The hands will be used to protect the upper body while the foot, shin and knees will be used to upset the person's balance.

A stomp on the ground to create a vacuum of air. The the noise and inability to breathe for a short while will disorientate the opponent while I attack.

A chin na set that is designed to catch high level concentrated palm attacks.

A concentrated finger attack to pierce through palm attacks like a spear through armour, while the armour is strong, when the spear is sharp enough, it nulifies the strength of the armour by attacking a very concentrated point.

A fist technique that doesn't transfer internal energy, but rather deals a short concussive shock. Used to attack palm moves. Being very short and quickly retracted it avoids trading energy with palms. The concussive shock is meant to shatter the bones in the opponent's palm when contact is made, or atleast move his arm so suddenly and violently as to dislocate it. This shock is achieved by meeting the palm at an angle and flicking one's concenrated energy at contact with the fist, so that even if the opponent's palm has deep energy, he cannot prevent his opponent from reverberating his energy.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

a special inner power based skill that converts sexual desire into inner strength. rather then talent, you need a strong 'ecchi' sense to master it. but side effect is need to restrain sexual activity or your power decreases. through virginity is not required. you'll become weak for 24hrs after sex but afterwards back to full power. 9yang level skill. (thought of it this way mainly for comedic potential).
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/