Thread: Why are some series so under publicized?

Default Why are some series so under publicized?

I have recently watch a series called "raging butterfly" (愤怒的蝴蝶). Actually, I accidentally bumped into it at tudou when looking for some interesting series to watch.
    I think it might not be a Hong Kong serial. But, in contrast to my presumption that non-Hong Kong movies are usually very boring, this series is quite interesting(although i won't say it is very good). It is about the male lead(lawrence ng) being a bio-test specimen created to just to hate and fight, and cannot have love emotion etc etc. Due to my limited mandarin, I could not get it fully. sorry about that.
    But, what really intrigues me is that the series is very much under publicized(or rather unpopular for the level of quality it has). It was produced in 2003, so recency is still there. I tried to find some reviews/episode guides about it on the Internet but I only managed to find one(in chinese and it is the official site). There are a lot of serials which are much lousier and older than this but they enjoy a lot of publicity online. For this one, nobody seems to know. Are all non-Hong Kong serials like this? I mean this series is really not bad_ theme song, plot, performances are all up to usual standards. Can anyone have any idea about this?

I think that instead of hanging out in the tvb section (which is hong kong based), if you visited the China or Taiwan or Japanese, etc sections, you will realize that series outside of hong kong are also well-discussed and well-publicized (maybe even more so than hong kong series).
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?