Thread: le tour de farce

Default le tour de farce

Anyone watch the amazing race? Awesome sport of competitiveness, fitness, team work, individual brilliance, strategy, pacing, attacking, counter attacking, sheer grit and pain, bravery, and above all else cheating?

Vino is out as a dope
    Race leader Rasmussen is out as a likely cheat

Is it too hard to be competitive without cheating? Is it a case of may the best cheater win?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Anyone watch the amazing race? Awesome sport of competitiveness, fitness, team work, individual brilliance, strategy, pacing, attacking, counter attacking, sheer grit and pain, bravery, and above all else cheating?

Vino is out as a dope
    Race leader Rasmussen is out as a likely cheat

Is it too hard to be competitive without cheating? Is it a case of may the best cheater win?
    is that intentional - FARCE, hahaha - that is very clever for playing with words

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    is that intentional - FARCE, hahaha - that is very clever for playing with words
    That's just what pretty much every sports media outlet has called the Tour de France this year.
    Last edited by flyingfox2002; 07-27-07 at 01:37 AM.
    This account is retired.

Oh i didn't know, what copy cats. I guess most of the riders aren't cheats. Evans looks good to be the winner now, can he get 2 minutes on the time trials on Contador the Spanish conquestador?

Member of TC fanclub.

there is no creditablilty in winning the tour this yr.
    All the great riders either retired or not riding cos of enhacements.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Wow close race. Poor Evans, if only he was as possessed (and aerodynamic) as Leipheimer.

Member of TC fanclub.

Wow close race. Poor Evans, if only he was as possessed (and aerodynamic) as Leipheimer.
    I'm not following it as I dunno how the race actually goes.. it's many stages and times confuses me.. I just wanna noe, do u mean Evans didn't win??
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

21 stages. For the yellow jersey, only high mountain stages (6 of them) and time trials (2 of them) really matter. The rest is more for points (green jersey, not that important) and eating up your energy. Generally the good mountain riders (Rasmussen, Contador) win the yellow, ie tour de france. Evans put up a good show by staying with them on the mountains and eating away at their lead during time trials.

In summary, no Evan's did not eat away all the yellow jersey's lead, so he is still second going into the last stage. The last stage is flat, so it's hard to gain any time on opponents, and being the stage going into Paris, it is considered a friendly stage. So most like Evan's will remain 2nd - first aussie on the podium, but only 23 seconds away from winning.

Member of TC fanclub.

21 stages. For the yellow jersey, only high mountain stages (6 of them) and time trials (2 of them) really matter. The rest is more for points (green jersey, not that important) and eating up your energy. Generally the good mountain riders (Rasmussen, Contador) win the yellow, ie tour de france. Evans put up a good show by staying with them on the mountains and eating away at their lead during time trials.

In summary, no Evan's did not eat away all the yellow jersey's lead, so he is still second going into the last stage. The last stage is flat, so it's hard to gain any time on opponents, and being the stage going into Paris, it is considered a friendly stage. So most like Evan's will remain 2nd - first aussie on the podium, but only 23 seconds away from winning.
    aww. dat is sad.. i tot he's gonna win ..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~