Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Riddle

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Fire View Post
    In the basement there are 3 light switches in the off position. Each switch controls 1 of 3 light bulbs on the floor above. You may move any of the switches, but you may only go up stairs one time. How can you determine which switch controls each light?
    Turn on two lights. Wait about 2-3 minutes or so. Then turn one of them off.

Go upstairs.

The one lighted is the one you turned on. Put your hand near the other two turned off one. If one of them is warm, that is the one you turned on and off. The cold one of course is the one you never turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    New riddle: A triangle has three sides. A quadrilateral has four sides. How many sides does a circle have?
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Is the answer zero? A circle has no sides.
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Soraya View Post
    Yes, I was born and raised here. Are you surprised?
    ya...your english is good
    PLA

Is the answer zero? A circle has no sides.
    Technically, zero might be right, but since this is a riddle, the answer is wrong.

This is one of my favorite riddles, and I know it's been used in a couple of Chinese series before.

You are a prisoner sentenced to death, but you have been given one chance to leave, no strings attached. There are 2 doors in front of you. One door leads out of the prison to freedom, one leads to the execution room and death, and you do not know which is which. Each door is guarded, one by a person who can only tell the truth, and one by a person who can only tell lies, but again, you do not know which is which. You are allowed to ask one of the guards one question to help you determine which door to choose. What will you ask?

ya...your english is good
    Thanks for the compliment, I attend an international school where we are given English lessons, I can understand English well but I have a difficult time pronunciating words (especially words that begin with "th" because there isn't a "th" sound in the Japanese language).
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Technically, zero might be right, but since this is a riddle, the answer is wrong.
    Hmmm...how about this answer, is it right?
    2, an in-side and an out-side.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    This is one of my favorite riddles, and I know it's been used in a couple of Chinese series before.

You are a prisoner sentenced to death, but you have been given one chance to leave, no strings attached. There are 2 doors in front of you. One door leads out of the prison to freedom, one leads to the execution room and death, and you do not know which is which. Each door is guarded, one by a person who can only tell the truth, and one by a person who can only tell lies, but again, you do not know which is which. You are allowed to ask one of the guards one question to help you determine which door to choose. What will you ask?
    I heard this on Yu-Gi-Oh once.

Umm, is the truth teller guarding the freedom door, or is that not necessarily the case?

Thanks for the compliment, I attend an international school where we are given English lessons, I can understand English well but I have a difficult time pronunciating words (especially words that begin with "th" because there isn't a "th" sound in the Japanese language).
    Interesting, don't worry one day you will know how to pronuciate words with "th"
    PLA

I would ask "Which do would you take?"
    PLA

Umm, is the truth teller guarding the freedom door, or is that not necessarily the case?
    Not necessarily...

I would ask "Which do would you take?"
    Nope... I don't think that answer would work, because you don't know if that's a truth or lie.

Hoju!

OK, let me see here. There are two doors. So there are two possibilities right now.

Guy who tells the truth is guarding the freedom door, Guy who lies is guarding the death door

OR

Guy who tells the truth is guarding the death door, Guy who lies is guarding the freedom door

Felix, yes, go on.

I'll check back after lunch to see if anyone has made a guess.

you ask one of the guards "if i asked the other guard which door to take to gain my freedom, what door would he tell me to use?" Whatever door the guard tells you...go the other way

The lying guard knows the honest guard would tell you to choose the freedom door (door A) but since he always lies he will tell you the execution door (door B) is the right door

The honest guard knows that if you asked the lying guard that he would tell you the execution door (door B) because it well...lies

So you wouldn't go through the execution door (door B) you would do the opposite and choose door A! lol
    -Mahatma Gandhi

wait nevermind let me think again
    Last edited by LuNaR; 07-27-07 at 03:53 PM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

nvm SSSSSSSSSS

you ask one of the guards "if i asked the other guard which door to take to gain my freedom, what door would he tell me to use?" Whatever door the guard tells you...go the other way

The lying guard knows the honest guard would tell you to choose the freedom door (door A) but since he always lies he will tell you the execution door (door B) is the right door

The honest guard knows that if you asked the lying guard that he would tell you the execution door (door B) because it well...lies

So you wouldn't go through the execution door (door B) you would do the opposite and choose door A! lol
    i think u got it
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

New Riddle :
    the word has seven letters

It perceeded god

greater than god

more evil than the devil

all poor people have it

wealthy people need it

if you eat it you will die
    -Mahatma Gandhi

New Riddle :
    the word has seven letters

It perceeded god

greater than god

more evil than the devil

all poor people have it

wealthy people need it

if you eat it you will die
    Nothing
    message is too short my butt

Riddle: A woman has 13 children. Half of them are girls. How many girls did the woman have?