Thread: 2197

Default 2197

This will be the first in a long long series of stories.

Aleksander Zawadzki is a typical 19-year-old living in Warsaw, a Class II city in the Europaen Union. In the summer, he works as a traffic coordinator for Warsaw's complex subway system. It is one of the few jobs that requires very little training, one of the few jobs a kid his age can do.

The night of February 17th is a cold one. Aleksander is home watching the news with his parents. Suddenly, he feels dizzy, very dizzy. The room seems to be rotating at an increassing rate.

When Aleksander wakes up, he finds himself strapped in a chair inside a military facility. In front of him is a man of about 45. He has graying hair, a crooked nose, and very large eyes, red eyes. "Welcome", said the man, "we didn't mean to startle you, but that was the only way to get you to come here." Aleksander doesn't reply. He is pondering what the military could possibly want with him. "Ah, you're wondering what we want with you" said the man. "Did he just read my mind?", thought Aleksander, "how's that possible without anything attached to my head. "Well, we put implants in your brain to monitor your thoughts. " said the man "we want to make sure you never think of betraying us".

"Well I guess it's time to tell you why you're here. Three months ago, you were chosen as a candidate for an elite special ops force. It is so top secret, that it was never given a name. The force is made of 10000 highly trained agents. Its job is to protect the European Union from any external threats. Ever since LeonCorp established a corporate government in Canada, world leaders have been anticipating an invasion of the United States."

"LeonCorp? Invasion? Isn't it their job to aid in the development of countries that are economically unstable?" interrpted Aleksander.

"Ah, I bet you don't even know how it came to power. About 120 years ago, alternative energy sources replaced fossil fuels. Nations dependent on fossil fuels began to collapse. That was when LeonCorp came to power. They established extremely efficient corporate governments in the "oil countries". Within three decades, the "oil countries' recovered and LeonCorp achieved superpower statis. Its next move is to invade the United States."

"Impossible! LeonCorp has no army, and there are ten million peacekeeping troops stationed in the US."

"The so called PK troops are no more than crimefighters, they will be no match against LeonCorp's secretly developed mechanized fighting force."

"Even if the US is invaded, won't the UN stop the invasion"

"The entirety of the PK Corps won't be able to stop a fullscale LeonCorp invasion. This is where you come in"

Ever since he was a child, Aleksander has been obedient. "This is probably why they chose me," he thought, "I'm especially intelligent or physcially strong, this has to be why they chose me." Although he still feels unsure, a sense of pride and duty compels him to say "yes".

The next day, Aleksander arrives at a training camp for PKC recruits. "This is you mission, to be disguised as an ordinary soldier. Your assignments will be given via your implant. The instructions for all LeonCorp warmechs are fed from central servers. It is your job to disable those servers." All PKC recruits are divided into the Infantry Corp, the Mobile Corp, the Air Force, and the Navy based on traits and personal preference. Since he has some experience as a traffic coordinator, Aleksander is assigned to the Mobile Corp. The Mobile Corp consists of tens of thousands of hover tanks and groud transport vehicles. To graduate, Aleksander must be competent in piloting the 17 ground vehicles used buy the Mobile Corp. After graduation, he will be sent to the frontline in America. There, Aleksander will receive his missions.

"This is the T-77, standard assault tank of the Mobile Corp." shouted the instructor. The T-77 is brown, designed to fight in deserts. Mounted on its turret are two 300 mm rail guns, a laser, and a missile silo. The entire tank is about 20 meters long and 5 meters tall. "By the end of this week, all of you will be able to drive it and operate its weapons. Now, divide into groups of four." shouted the instructor.

Aleksander hears a clear voice in his head. "Come over here" it said. As he turns around, a young man of about 20 years of age waves at him. "I work undercover, just like you." said the voice