Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invincible Sword

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    waiting for the update.the wait is killing me.pls update soon

thnx for the hard work.
    Sorry. The next few chapters should be up soon. My exams basically rendered me unable to go on the Internet.
    Last edited by kwekmh; 10-13-07 at 10:13 AM.

CHAPTER 12: THE MISUNDERSTANDING

The attacker looked familiar but he could not recall who he was. He did not wish to fight anyone from the manor so he retreated 3 steps to escape from the attack.

He racked his brains and suddenly cried out involuntarily, “Wu Miao of Shaolin!”

By then, Wu Miao had already launched another series of attacks against. He retreated a total of 10 steps before Bai Zi Yun shouted, “Stop! Can’t you see I’m with him? How can he be a stranger in that case?” She looked at Wu Miao with a frown.

Wu Miao was startled and really stopped attacking. He was about to speak when Wu Tian Song, who was behind Wu Miao all along, spoke, “Hmph! If Father saw you with this stranger, he’ll kill him for sure! How can you reprimand others when you’re the one at fault?”

Wu Tian Song then looked at Zhao Tian Xing and said coldly, “Since you know who he is, then what are you still doing here for? Scram before we hurt you!”

In actual fact, Wu Tian Song saw Zhao Tian Xing suddenly appear in the manor and he was behaving so intimately and he felt extremely jealous. However, Wu Tian Song had lost to Zhao Tian Xing before and knew his power. Hence, he decided to ask Wu Miao to help him take him down. He made up an excuse and Wu Miao mistook Zhao Tian Xing as a stranger who entered the manor without permission.

Wu Miao had learn the ‘Great Golden Palms’ from INVINCIBLE DIVINE STRENGTH and he improved a lot from last time. His internal energy is also much higher than before.

Suddenly, he heard Wu Tian Song shout, “Quick, Wu Miao. Take him down!”

Wu Miao quickly struck at Zhao Tian Xing again. Zhao Tian Xing moved back and said, “I don’t want to hurt any of you…” Bai Zi Yun shouted, “Stop or I’ll help him to fight back since he don’t want to hurt you all!”

Wu Miao shuddered but Wu Tian Song was pressing him on to continue. Suddenly, there was a flash of light and Bai Zi Yun came charging towards him with a sword in her hand! She had snatched the sword from one of the disciples who had come to watch what happened.

Bai Zi Yun knew that Wu Miao was not an easy opponent and she instantly executed her ‘Moon Breaking Swordplay”. Wu Miao was forced back 5 steps by the ferocity of the strokes.

Wu Miao thought, “Moon Breaking Swordplay is indeed powerful!” He was excited at the thought of facing such a powerful swordplay and he executed his ‘Great Golden Palms’ to full power.

Bai Zi Yun lacked experience in fighting and she had lower internal energy than Wu Miao. Even though she had had great potential and she executed her strokes very skillfully, she was unable to withstand the strong palm wind.

Zhao Tian Xing was about to help when Bai Zi Yun suddenly executed the ultimate killing move of the ‘Moon Breaking Swordplay’. He recognised this move as the move Yu Zhe used on him previously before Yu Bai Tian helped to stop him.

Wu Miao’s face changed colour as he saw this lethal killing move. With a roar, he also executed the strongest move of the ‘Great Golden Palms’! Bai Zi Yun was not fast enough and her internal energy was not strong enough. She was forced back 3 steps and it seemed that the palm was going to hit her! Zhao Tian Xing was about to help when he heard someone say, “Let me try his palms!”

A figure flew in front of Bai Zi Yun at lightning speed and their palms collided. Wu Miao was forced back 5 steps and his face was drained of all colour, while the newcomer stood there, unmoving.

Zhao Tian Xing took a good look at the newcomer and realised that he was LIGHTNING HANDS Lu Bao!

Wu Miao exclaimed, “Brother Lu…!” He then looked at Bai Zi Yun and stammered, “Miss- Ba- Bai, I di- did not mean to fight you. But the circumstan-“ Wu Tian Song interrupted him, “Brother Lu! What are you doing? Please help to take down this stranger!”

Zhao Tian Xing felt strange to hear them calling him brother. He did not know that as the TOP TEN FIGHTERS were in the manor training their disciples, their disciples interacted everyday and should be on close terms.

Lu Bao sneered, “Stranger, huh? You are as stupid as you look…” Wu Tian Song was startled. He did not expect Lu Bao to reach this way.

Lu Bao turned towards Zhao Tian Xing and he said smilingly, “Brother Zhao! How are you? It’s been long since I last saw you!”

Zhao Tian Xing was happen to see him again and he replied, “Thanks, I’m fine. Thanks for your help.”

Lu Bao replied, “It was nothing. I suppose Wu Miao had a misunderstanding towards you due to some people…” He frowned at Wu Tian Song.

“What is everyone doing there?” Someone asked. Everyone turned their heads to look at the person and realised it was Yu Zhe.

Default thnx

it was great to see new chapter.lu bao is good really good.

Thumbs up pls update

hi
    I have been waiting for the update.pls update soon.

thnx

Hi

Sorry for the delay. I was busy with organising my NCC Camp as I'm in charge of logistics. Nonetheless I will try to post a few chapters before November 14, the day of my camp.

Thank you for your patience. I'm really glad to know there are people reading my fiction!

Kwek

Just a note: The story will start to get more interesting from here onwards. Right now, it's a lot of talking but soon there will be more action and the plot will start to get complicated. So stay updated on the story!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 13: THE PREPARATIONS

Wu Tian Song answered Yu Zhe respectfully, “Lu Bao is refusing to take down this manor intruder. Moreover, I spotted martial sister with him. Who knows what they are doing in the dark.”

Yu Zhe frowned and reprimanded Wu Tian Song, “What stranger? Young Hero Zhao is a honoured guest invited by me to the manor. He is assisting us in the matter of the Heaven Demon Sect.”

Wu Tian Song was startled and he stammered, “But… master…”

Wu Miao said,” Hero Yu, Wu Tian Song told me that he was an intruder who has also previously hurt our people in the manor. In a moment of impulse, I attacked him and in the process, Miss Bai defended him. Luckily Brother Lu arrived in time otherwise I might have accidentally hurt Miss Bai.”

Yu Zhe glanced at Bai Zi Yun and he said to Wu Miao, “It’s not your fault. I was planning to inform everyone about Young Hero Zhao later on in the main hall but apparently I was too late and a misunderstanding occurred. Nonetheless now that the misunderstanding has been cleared I hope all of you will be able to work together closely.”

Suddenly an old man walked towards them. Zhao Tian Xing recognised him as LIVING IMMORTAL Liao Su.

Liao Su smiled and said, “It’s nice to see so many potential youngsters working together to rid the world of evil. I’m sure with everyone’s help we will be able to eliminate the Heaven Demon Sect.”

Zhao Tian Xing answered respectfully, “Yes, Elder. With the guidance of the elders, I’m sure Heaven Demon Sect doesn’t stand a chance.”

Yu Zhe said, “OK, enough talking. Can everyone please gather in the main hall now? There’s an important announcement to be made. We’re also going to discuss an important matter as we have just received another letter from Heaven Demon Sect.”

Everyone answered Yu Zhe respectfully and immediately proceeded to the main hall. The TOP TEN FIGHTERS were present and Liao Su spoke up first.

He said, “For those we did not know what happened on 3rdAugust last year, you will be informed of it now. On 3rdAugust last year, we met up with a masked man supposedly from Heaven Demon Sect. He insisted on us handing over the manuals and we had no choice but to defeat him in a fight. After the fight, he was seriously injured. The next day, we received a letter from Heaven Demon Sect. They were very angry over the incident and then told us they would look for us on 3rd September next year, which is to say, this year. There is a month more before the date, but we have to be ready for it. They are not going to be friendly, and I doubt they will give us any chance to reason with them. Nonetheless, we will try to settle it peacefully. If circumstances force us to, we will fight. But I do not think we can have much advantage over them, even after one year of training. I am afraid that the younger ones will get hurt.”

“After long hours of discussion, we, the TOP TEN FIGHTERS, have decided to send some of our disciples to check on the situation of the various sects. Even though we communicate with the various sects frequently through mail on this issue, we believe it would be better if our disciples are there to find out for themselves and in times of need, our disciples can lend a helping hand.”

“Also, we have received information that Heaven Demon Sect will strike before the date they have arranged. I am afraid I cannot disclose the source of the information, but know that it came from a trustworthy source and there’s a high possibility they will strike beforehand. According to my sources, they will first attack Shaolin. Hence, I have decided to send some disciples to Shaolin. Those interested please tell me now.”

Wu Miao replied, “Since I came from Shaolin, I feel that it’s my obligation to do my best to protect them from harm. I would like to volunteer for this mission. I believe I can be of help, no matter how little. At least, they have one more person on their side.”

Lu Bao also said, “Since Wu Miao is going, I believe I should lend him a helping hand and follow him there. We might not be able to do much by ourselves but our combined forces should be enough to be of significance.”

Yu Zhe suddenly said, “Since Zhao Tian Xing is a honoured guest of mine, I shouldn’t be taking the initiative to ask for his help. Nonetheless, I’m doing so right now because I believe he will be able to be of help to Shaolin. Zhao Tian Xing, are you willing to go?”

Zhao Tian Xing replied, “Of course. It’s my duty to help defend against Heaven Demon Sect.”

Bai Zi Yun said, “If he’s going, then I’m following him too.”

Yu Zhe replied sternly, “You’re inexperienced and your skills are not up to standard. You’ll only get into their way if you went. There’s no way I will let you go.”

Bai Zi Yun argued, “My skills have improved drastically, especially since last year. If you don’t believe, you can ask Wu Miao since I just fought with him. With them helping, I’m sure my inexperience does not matter.”

Wu Miao said, “Miss Bai’s skills are indeed topnotch. I believe her skills are on par with any of us, even though her internal energy might be lacking. She will be useful if she goes with us.”

Lu Bao added, “She will be in no danger with us protecting her. This is also a good time for her to accumulate experience.”

Yu Zhe considered their words and bowed down his head, deep in thought.
    Last edited by kwekmh; 01-02-08 at 07:46 AM.

Sorry about the late update, but I forgot about the fiction. On occasions that I do remember, I was simply too busy to write any update. Once again, I apologise for the slow update.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 14: THE MYSTERIOUS MAN

Yu Zhe sighed, “Seems like I have no choice but to let you go. I doubt you would give me even a moment of silence if I do not agree.”

Bai Zi Yun replied happily, “Thanks Father! I know you’re the nicest to me!”

Wu Tian Song spoke up, “I want to go too! I can help to protect martial sister.”

Yu Zhe answered, “No, you will not go with them. I have another important task for you.”

Yu Zhe then said, “All of you will set out tomorrow. Please have a good rest tonight as you need all the energy you have.”

Yu Zhe and Liao Su then assigned the rest of the disciples to different schools. They then dismissed everyone after everything was settled.

Zhao Tian Xing said to Lu Bao, “It’s really good to see you again!”

Lu Bao replied smilingly, “I feel the same.”

Wu Miao suddenly interrupted, “I’m sorry for earlier. I did not know that you are a guest of Divine Sword Manor and acted rashly. I hope you forgive me.”

Zhao Tian Xing liked his straightforwardness and furthermore, he was not one to bear grudges, especially not since when it was all just a misunderstanding. He replied, “Of course I’ll forgive you. It was not your fault in the first place. Why would I bear any grudge against you?”

Bai Zi Yun chipped in happily, “I’m so delighted to see that all of you are now friends.”

Wu Tian Song looked sore and jealous. He did not talk throughout the conversation.

Lu Bao introduced Zhao Tian Xing to the disciples of the TOP TEN FIGHTERS. Soon, it was night and after they had their dinner, they went to sleep. They have to preserve their energy hence they slept early.

They woke up early the next morning and set out hurriedly. There was no time to waste. Soon, they arrived at Shaolin. The journey there was surprisingly smooth and they ran into no trouble.

They walked up to the entrance of Shaolin Temple and asked the monk at the gate, “May we please enter? We’re sent by-“ Before they could finish their sentence, however, the monk has already replied, “Sorry, but the temple is closed today. We cannot let anyone in.”

“But we’re sent by Divine Sword Manor!” Bai Zi Yun argued.

The monks replied together, “It makes no difference regardless of who sent you. Our master is busy today and the temple is closed. We will not make any exception.”

Suddenly, they heard footsteps behind them. They turned around and saw someone dressed entirely in black walking towards them. Zhao Tian Xing recognised him as the man in black who sighed at the Heroes’ Meet. He was surprised to see him here.

The monks changed their face when they saw him. “It’s you!” They said, obviously frightened. Nonetheless, the four monks at the entrance charged at him with their rods.

The man in black did not even bother about them. Before the rod even reached him, the four monks had already tripped.

“What high internal energy you have! You must be a pugilistic expert.” Lu Bao exclaimed.

He ignored Lu Bao and continued into the temple. They followed him into the template, when suddenly, a voice was heard, “You have finally came. I’ve been waiting for you.”

The man in black finally spoke. The voice radiated throughout the temple, “I’ve came for the appointment I made with you. I will defeat you.”

Zhao Tian Xing thought, “So this man is challenging the Abbot of Shaolin.” He guessed that the monk who spoke was the Abbot of Shaolin due to the rich and profound internal energy he felt from the voice which was transmitted using the Voice Transmission Skill. He was right. The monk who spoke was indeed the Abbot of Shaolin.

They saw an old monk walk out. He had long, flowing white beard. His eyes shone brightly. It was obvious he had very powerful internal energy.

The man held the hilt of the sword with his right hand and pointed the sword at the Abbot with the sheath still on. Suddenly, the sheath flew out at a rapid speed towards the Abbot! The Abbot simply moved his body slightly and the sheath stabbed into a pillar behind.

The sword, without the sheath, was still entirely black. The hilt and the blade were all black in colour. Suddenly, the man in black seemed to disappear as he flew at a rapid speed towards the Abbot with the sword tip still pointing at him!

“What a fast sword!” Wu Miao exclaimed.

The Abbot was putting all of his energy into the battle. The speed of the sword was simply unrivalled by anything he had seen before. He turned his body to avoid and sword and his right palm struck towards the man in black.

The man in black changed strokes equally as fast as his strike. Before the palms could even get near him, the sword tip had been titled and his body moved slightly. Now his sword was once again pointing at the Abbot’s throat whilst his body avoided the palm strike.

The Abbot knew that he could not match the man in black in speed. He quickly turned his body again to avoid the sword and with a kick of his foot, he flew backwards rapidly.

“Stop!” He shouted. “Your sword is faster than any swordplay I’ve seen before. Why do you want my life so badly?”

“I do not want your life. I just wanted to see the true extent of Shaolin’s martial arts. It looks like Shaolin’s martial arts are of low quality.” The man in black replied coldly.

The Abbot sighed, “It’s not that Shaolin’s martial arts are pathetic. It’s because I’m not properly trained. Compared to the previous Abbot, my skills are nothing.”

Wu Miao was once from Shaolin and upon hearing the man in black insulting Shaolin’s martial arts, he was angry. He was not as calm as the Abbot and he roared in fury, “Who do you think you are to insult Shaolin’s martial arts?! Take this!”

He gathered all his internal energy into his palms and struck at the man in black. The palms hit the man in black flat on the chest, to the surprise of everyone. Lu Bao, who was about to stop Wu Miao from doing such a stupid act, froze in his tracks.

Wu Miao felt an extremely strong force pushing him back when his palms struck the man’s chest. Suddenly, he flew back a few meters and spat a mouthful of blood.

Upon seeing this, Zhao Tian Xing unsheathed his sword and charged towards the man in black. He executed his ‘Carefree Swordplay’ and even though his moves looked relatively simple, the man in black’s face changed and he seemed to be wary of Zhao Tian Xing’s swordplay. He simply retreated as Zhao Tian Xing advanced towards him.

Keep on going, its just getting very interesting. I hope you keep posting, you have agood start.
    --=={Grundle}==--

Sorry but I suck at writing fighting scenes. I will try to improve on that.

I already have the basic plot outlined long ago but if anyone has any idea feel free to express them! All ideas are welcome.

CHAPTER 15: THE SUPREME SWORDPLAY

Suddenly, the man in black stabbed his sword at Zhao Tian Xing! The speed of the sword was simply unimaginable! A startled look appeared on Zhao Tian Xing’s face as he moved aside to dodge the sword. The sword brushed by his neck slighty. Just as he was about to retaliate, the sword turned and sliced towards him again! At such close distance, it was nearly impossible for one to dodge a sword of such intensity and velocity. However, Zhao Tian Xing did what was nearly impossible; he feet kicked the ground and he flew back a few meters. The man in black turned and once again, stabbed his sword towards Zhao Tian Xing! The speed of his sword was now faster than before. Everyone could feel the energy emitting from his sword. Zhao Tian Xing knew that he would not be able to avoid this strike; similarly, he gathered his might and stabbed at the man in black!

The tips of the sword connected and both of them felt an intense force coming from their respective opponent. Suddenly, the man in black felt as though his opponent was not there; his sword energy was attacking void! He instantly realised that Zhao Tian Xing was displaying an extremely high level of internal energy. He tried to move the sword but found that it was stuck to the tip of Zhao Tian Xing’s sword. He mustered all his strength and abruptly retracted his sword. Zhao Tian Xing felt an extremely strong force resisting his pull! He nearly fell forward but at that last moment, he executed his lightness skills and stabilised himself. The man in black had already retreated far by then.

“Nice skills!” Zhao Tian Xing commented. He knew that if the battle continued, he might not win and would be forced to use the “Splitting Heaven Swordplay”.

The man in black said, “You are not weak either. Your swordplay can be considered within the top 100 in the pugilistic world. Only a few people around your age can defeat you.”

Zhao Tian Xing was curious to know who was so strong at such a young age. He had thought himself to be pretty able; but now, he knew that he had overestimated himself.

The man in black continued, “I have lost to one such person before. I promised not to reveal his name so there is no need to ask me for his name.”

Zhao Tian Xing suddenly asked, “Your swordplay is extremely powerful. Not taking other factors into consideration, I believe only a few people can match you in terms of swordplay. Forgive me for asking, but may I know who taught you your swordplay?”

The response of the man in black shocked everyone. “SUPREME SWORD” was his answer.

SUPREME SWORD was a major figure in the pugilistic world many years. All practitioners of swordplay should have heard of him. His swordplay was known as “Supreme Swordplay” and was rumoured to be invincible. During his era, he was the top fighter.

The Abbot of Shaolin finally spoke, “So you are the disciple of SUPREME SWORD. It is no wonder that your swordplay is so high then.”

Wu Miao interrupted, “What is the point of having high swordplay if he doesn’t have respect for anyone? He seems like an arrogant idiot to me!”

Lu Bao quickly calmed Wu Miao down. He then asked the man in black, “May we have your name please?”

The man in black considered Lu Bao’s question for a while before answering, “Fine, on account that all of you are young heroes. My name is Du Gu Yi Jian. I have devoted my life to the sword; my name was derived from this fact. Before that, I had no proper name.”

Wu Miao was starting to dislike Du Gu Yi Jian even more. He possessed an arrogant aura which did not appeal to Wu Miao. However, he knew that his skills were far from Du Gu Yi Jian and hence, he could only control his anger.

The more Zhao Tian Xing thought of Du Gu Yi Jian’s swordplay, the more mystified he became. He was amazed by the intricacies of ‘Supreme Swordplay’.

He could no longer contain his curiosity. Suddenly, he exclaimed, “Let me see your swordplay again!”

At lightning speed, Zhao Tian Xing struck towards Du Gu Yi Jian seven times with his sword. Du Gu Yi Jian frowned but he could not spare any moment for hesitation; Zhao Tian Xing seemed to be serious. He dodged all seven swords with difficulty and realised that Zhao Tian Xing was displaying a higher level of martial arts than what he displayed earlier. He was also starting to get interested.

“Fine!” He replied and started to counterattack.

No one seemed to be gaining any advantage even after they have exchanged 300 strokes. Suddenly, Zhao Tian Xing sliced his sword at Du Gu Yi Jian. The stroke looked relatively simple but the force shook everyone.

Zhao Tian Xing had executed ‘Splitting Heaven Swordplay’!

Du Gu Yi Jian felt the immense force and could only retreat. Even though the strokes Zhao Tian Xing was executing looked relatively simple, he knew that it was not that easy to break through. Furthermore, the force of the swordplay was completely surrounding him. He had no chance to counterattack as he tried to escape his opponent’s sword.

He knew that he would not stand a chance unless he also used his best techniques. Suddenly, he stabbed, sliced and attacked with many different ways at Zhao Tian Xing at lightning speed! This was the ultimate technique of ‘Supreme Swordplay’.

‘Shredding to a million pieces’. Even accomplished martial artists would have trouble handling his technique. The speed, ferocity and variety of the strokes were so amazing that even Zhao Tian Xing started to retreat! Everyone watched as Zhao Tian Xing barely avoided the strikes.

Bai Zi Yun was worried for Zhao Tian Xing. He looked at Lu Bao and Wu Miao and realised they were equally as worried.

Suddenly, one of Du Gu Yi Jian’s strikes became faster and it seemed that Zhao Tian Xing was not going to be able to avoid it. The sword was now directly in front of the throat. There seemed to be no way he could avoid the attack!

Lu Bao was the quickest to realise this and he shot at lightning speed towards the sword, hoping to stop it in time!

Although you say you can't write fight scenes very well, I think you do it quite well. I am enjoying this encounter immensely. I am hoping that our hero and the black swordsman become friends. Even if they don't this is a great encounter. Now that they have been training for a long time they can show off some skills
    --=={Grundle}==--

Quote Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
    Although you say you can't write fight scenes very well, I think you do it quite well. I am enjoying this encounter immensely. I am hoping that our hero and the black swordsman become friends. Even if they don't this is a great encounter. Now that they have been training for a long time they can show off some skills
    I have a lot of ideas for fighting scenes in Chinese but it is fairly difficult to translate them to English. That is why I feel my fighting scenes are not up to standard.

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them a lot.
    Last edited by kwekmh; 01-17-08 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    I have a lot of ideas for fighting scenes in Chinese but it is fairly difficult to translate them to English. That is why I feel my fighting scenes are not up to standard.
    Hi kwekmh,

If you want to improve your translation skill, I would recommend reading a lot of high quality translations by Laviathan, bliss, Huang Yushi, and Athena (and others). They always translate with flare, and I learned some good ideas from reading their stuff.

p.s. I will read the story in detail later.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Hi kwekmh,

If you want to improve your translation skill, I would recommend reading a lot of high quality translations by Laviathan, bliss, Huang Yushi, and Athena (and others). They always translate with flare, and I learned some good ideas from reading their stuff.

p.s. I will read the story in detail later.
    That is a good idea. Thanks for the advice.

I should do some translating occasionally in my free time so as to improve my writing skills.

CHAPTER 16: THE TRAITOR

Even though Lu Bao moved at his fastest speed, it seemed as though it was impossible for him to reach them in time!

Suddenly, Zhao Tian Xing’s sword was a blur and Du Gu Yi Jian stopped dead in his tracks. Both of them became like statues, frozen and unmoving.

Lu Bao also halted to a stop and tried to make out what was happening. Suddenly, he saw that Zhao Tian Xing’s sword tip was also pointing at Du Gu Yi Jian’s throat! Both distances from the swords to the throats were the same and if any of them continued to advance further, both would perish together. It seems that at the last moment, Zhao Tian Xing moved his sword tip to Du Gu Yi Jian’s throat at an unimaginable speed!

Both of them slowly retreated. Suddenly, Du Gu Yi Jian’s sword struck towards Zhao Tian Xing once again! Everyone could feel the sword aura emitting from the sword; it’s force was simply unimaginable!

Zhao Tian Xing frowned and knew that he had to give it his all. Gathering his internal energy, he sliced his sword towards Du Gu Yi Jian!

He had executed one of the three strongest moves of the ‘Splitting Heaven Swordplay’, ‘Shocking Heaven Shaking Earth’!

Even before the sword got near Du Gu Yi Jian he felt the immense force coming from Zhao Tian Xing’s sword. He was forced back by the force. He mustered all his strength to continue his strike.

No sound was heard as the two swords collided. It seemed weird that there was no sound generated from the collision of the forces. Suddenly, it struck Lu Bao. They were now engaged in a contest of internal energy! A contest of internal energy was very dangerous—if any of them was distracted he or she would be most severely injured. However, he knew that with his internal energy he could not separate them.

Suddenly, the Abbot of Shaolin walked over to them and gathered all his internal energy in his palms. He then struck at the point where their swords connected.

A loud explosion was heard as the two of them separated. The Abbot coughed up blood on the spot. He was only able to separate them through his highly-cultivated and highly-refined internal energy; nonetheless, he could not prevent himself from getting hurt in the process.

Zhao Tian Xing’s and Du Gu Yi Jian’s faces were pale. It was obvious they were exhausted from the duel. It was a close call.

Suddenly, Zhao Tian Xing smiled and said, “Your skills are indeed topnotch. Your swordplay is one of a kind.”

Du Gu Yi Jian replied, “Your skills are not bad either.”

Even though the duel escalated to a life-and-death situation earlier, both of them were still very happy. This was because they learnt a lot during the duel; from the duel, their understanding of martial arts rose to a higher level.

Suddenly, a young monk came rushing out of the temple, shouting, “Abbot! Someone has stolen the Tendon Altering Sutra!”

The Abbot was shocked at this piece of news. The ‘Tendon Altering Sutra’ was the strongest martial arts of Shaolin. It was highly guarded and no one was allowed to enter the location where it was stored. Apparently, someone has managed to break into the ‘Book Keeping Room’ and steal the ‘Tendon Altering Sutra’.

The Abbot quickly said, “Call everyone to the main hall now!”

The young monk answered, “Martial Uncle has already done so!”

Upon hearing that, the Abbot quickly rushed into the temple. Just as he was able to step into the entrance, the young monk sent a long distance palm attack at him. The Abbot was not prepared for such an attack from the back; moreover, he was already injured from helping to end the duel earlier. The palm attack was so strong that the Abbot dropped dead immediately.

Everyone else, upon seeing this, charged at the young monk. The young monk leapt away and suddenly disappeared. His lightness skill was simply unimaginable!

Suddenly, they heard someone say, “Heaven Demon Sect wishes the best to the entire of Shaolin.” The voice was not very loud, however, everyone in the whole vicinity heard it clearly. The speaker demonstrated extremely high internal energy through this.

Zhao Tian Xing and everyone else who was outside Shaolin quickly brought the dead body of the Abbot into the temple’s main hall.
    Last edited by kwekmh; 03-08-08 at 11:55 PM.

Oh man, I didn't see that coming. The abbot getting killed ><

This Demon sect needs to be dealt with
    --=={Grundle}==--

“Fine! You’re seeking death!”
    Ha! This has always been a favorite line.

I also like the Korean rendition of it:

"Wanna die?"

Which has a striking resemblance to the old school kung fu movies. People would shout "Wanna die?" And off they go to kill. They never wait for the answer!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

CHAPTER 17: THE ONLY WAY

Once they had entered the temple, they heard a voice shouting, "Who are you?!"

Bai Zi Yun felt a strong force coming towards her. She moved backwards and saw that a monk was advancing towards her with both palms raised.

Zhao Tian Xing moved in front of Bai Zi Yun and answered politely, "We are sent by Divine Sword Manor to help protect Shaolin. Outside, we witnessed the death of Abbot Xuanhui."

The monk stopped and everyone turned to look at the monk.

The monk asked sharply, "Were you involved in the death of Abbot Xuanhui?"

Zhao Tian Xing replied calmly, "Abbot Xuanhui exhausted his internal energy to help me earlier. If he had not done that, he might not have died."

The monk frowned and bellowed, "So you are still one of those who contributed to Abbot Xuanhui's death? Take this!" With that, he continued advancing towards them and everyone could feel a significantly strong force emitting from the monk.

Suddenly, someone shouted, "Stop!"

Wu Miao eyes' lightened up at the sound of the voice. He seemed to have recognised the person who shouted.

The monk instantly stopped and turned to look at the other monk who asked him to stop. The other monk looked only slightly younger than Abbot Xuanhui.

The monk begun, "But Master..."

The old monk cut him off and said, "Even if Abbot Xuanhui did not exhaust his energy to help them, he would have still died. The attacker's skills are even higher than that of mine."

He then turned to Zhao Tian Xing and everyone else, saying, "I am Reverend Xuanku of Luohan Hall."

Everyone then realised that this old monk in front of them was the highly-esteemed Reverend Xuanku, who was the head of Luohan Hall and Wu Miao's previous master.

"Xuku, bring the body of the Abbot to the room of the Abbot. We will handle the burial after we have settled some matters." Revered Xuanku commanded.

He then invited Zhao Tian Xing and the rest to the guest room. He then said, "The mysterious man who killed the Abbot has martial arts that even I cannot handle."

Zhao Tian Xing replied solemnly, "Reverend, if even you cannot handle him then who can?"

Reverend Xuanku sighed and said, "From what I can see, the person's skills are not lower than that of MOON BREAKING DIVINE SWORD Yu Zhe. However, there is one person in Shaolin who could probably handle him."

Du Gu Yi Jian frowned. He has never heard of such a powerful figure in Shaolin.

Reverend Xuanku continued, "He has been living in seclusion for the past few years. Many people know only his name but they do not know that he has the highest martial arts in the whole of Shaolin. However, it is not going to be easy to invite him out. Perhaps the death of Abbot Xuanhui would be able to force him out."

Wu Miao exclaimed, "Are you speaking of Reverend Xuanwu?"

Reverend Xuanku answered, "Yes, Wu Miao. I am speaking of Reverend Xuanwu."

Wu Miao asked curiously, "I heard that even Abbot Xuanhui was unable to invite him out of seclusion. I only heard that his martial arts were out of the ordinary but I never realised he is the strongest in Shaolin!"

Zhao Tian Xing said hopefully, "Would he come out if he hears the news about the death of Abbot Xuanhui?"

Reverend Xuanku answered with yet another sigh, "I do not know. He is our senior but we have not seen him in years. Let me bring you to him now and we will see if we can invite him out at least for the burial of Abbot Xuanhui."

Zhao Tian Xing and the rest followed Reverend Xuanku to a small area behind Shaolin. They saw that there was a small cave there.

"Xuanku, who are these people? Moreover, whose voice was that earlier wishing Shaolin all the best?" They heard a voice emitting from the cave.
    Last edited by kwekmh; 04-01-08 at 07:29 AM.

Plz update