Thread: Was Seung Gwoon Sheut Yee really the liar everyone thought she was?

Default Was Seung Gwoon Sheut Yee really the liar everyone thought she was?

The girl Seung Gwoon Sheut Yee from the first LUK SIU FUNG story (THE GOLDEN ROC KINGDOM'S TREASURE) was known as a chronic liar. Was she really as big a liar as everybody thought she was, though? Everything she told Luk Siu Fung about her cousin, Princess Seung Gwoon Dan Fung, murdering Seung Gwoon Fei Yin was true from her point of view. The information was inaccurate, but that's because Fei Yin had misled Sheut Yee as well. Sheut Yee never told any lies concerning what she saw occurring at the Golden Roc King's household.

She did tell some minor fibs about being Luk Siu Fung's aunt and Fa Mun Lau's great-aunt (and that Fa was in his fifties), but other than these little white lies, she didn't seem to be a big liar.

Whoa, this is a really rare Gu Long related thread coming from Ken. For as long as I could remember, Ken posts mostly about JY's novels.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Whoa, this is a really rare Gu Long related thread coming from Ken. For as long as I could remember, Ken posts mostly about JY's novels.
    No, I post some Gu Long stuff...problem is nobody ever responds to the Gu Long questions.

Or, the response is invariably something like "Sai Mun Chui Sheut sucks and is really overrated!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Or, the response is invariably something like "Sai Mun Chui Sheut sucks and is really overrated!"
    Nah, just that he is far below the level achieved by Third Master Xie Xiaofeng and Yan 13
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Nah, just that he is far below the level achieved by Third Master Xie Xiaofeng and Yan 13
    Especially Yan 13 right, PJ?

suet yee does tell a lot of lies, a lot of outrageous lies. i think it's a habit she picked-up. she's overshadowed by both her cousin and her sister, so this is probably her way of getting attention. of course, she suffers the tragedy of the boy who cried wolf: when she tells the truth, noone believes her.

ken cheng should post more GL comments.
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/

Quote Originally Posted by mawguy View Post
    suet yee does tell a lot of lies, a lot of outrageous lies. i think it's a habit she picked-up. she's overshadowed by both her cousin and her sister, so this is probably her way of getting attention. of course, she suffers the tragedy of the boy who cried wolf: when she tells the truth, noone believes her.
    Ironically, however, Sheut Yee never lies about anything *important*. All of her lies are just the embellishments of an imaginative teenage girl (or was she a pre-teen?). When people's lives are at stake, she tells the truth.

I wonder what ever became of her. A number of the LUK SIU FUNG Book 1 surviving characters never showed up again.

If I do, will more of you guys respond to them?

Probably not. I am blind like Ke Zhen'e when it comes to GL.

i promise i will.
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/