Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic 70s/80s U.S. sitcom: THREE'S COMPANY

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Thirties. I think she's around the same age I am (I'm 35)...maybe a year or two younger.
    They said she was 12 in 1988 when Wonder Years started, so she should be around 32 or so now.

Thirties. I think she's around the same age I am (I'm 35)...maybe a year or two younger.
    Oops.

OMG!!!! What happened to winnie cooper?
    click to show/hide spoilers

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dealante.com/upload/nodos/2005/6/10/doc-39124.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dealante.com/upload/nodos/2005/6/10/doc-39127.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.dealante.com/upload/nodos/2005/6/10/doc-39123.jpg')
    Last edited by spcnet; 06-12-15 at 06:02 PM.

Everybody grows up. Even Winnie Cooper.

Even then, it was pretty much given that she'd grow up to be a hot woman. Time has proven that assumption correct.

Any fans here of the classic 1970s/1980s U.S. sitcom THREE'S COMPANY?

This show seems very tame by today's standards, but at the time, it was the raunchiest thing going on mainstream American prime time T.V. The show was a big hit throughout its eight seasons from 1976 to 1984, and was inspired by a British comedy called MAN ABOUT THE HOUSE.

So any other fans of Jack Tripper, Janet Wood, Chrissy Snow, Cindy Snow, Terri Alden, Mr. and Mrs. Roper, Mr. Furley, and Larry Dallas here?
    I am also a HUGE fan of Three's Company. Still watch it in TV Land and Nickolodeon channels. Absolutely loves all the casts in this series especially Jack and Mr. Furley. Chrissy played a dumb blond which I find she is hilarious. Every eps is funny! The saddest thing is John Ritter already passed away, even Don Knotts (Mr. Furley) and the Ropers.

You can still see Suzanne Somers in HSN channel selling her own line of products.

I love the theme song too. "Come and knock on my door....hmmm"
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Everybody grows up. Even Winnie Cooper.

Even then, it was pretty much given that she'd grow up to be a hot woman. Time has proven that assumption correct.
    I wasn't going to ask, but did you ever talk to her in class? Did you hit on her?

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I wasn't going to ask, but did you ever talk to her in class? Did you hit on her?
    I didn't hit on her, but I remember we got into a discussion (as a part of class) debating some issue on literature (I think we were discussing the suitabilty of forms of justice administered to the damned in Dante's INFERNO). She's a very intelligent person and very well read. It really is a shame that I didn't get to know her personally, but I think I was intimidated by the very fact that she was so well known. That's an entirely different world from where I come from.

Oh my gosh, I love this show and remember how my brothers and I would always watch it together and laugh so hard... I still remember how I stayed up late at night to watch it even though they were mostly showing re-runs.... Oh my gosh, Mr. Furley and the Ropers all passed away too?? I am so sad to hear that.... Now, all we have left are memories....

I also didn't know that Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers did not talk to each other at all after Suzanne left the show... I thought that they were all good friends?? BUt then again, I always assume that because I think that if you work together a lot and spend THAT much time together, wouldn't you grow close to the people you work with?? I guess that is not always true.... However, it is only acting.. I guess you can act as best friends in a series but then are enemies in real life...

By the way, who is Winnie Cooper??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I also didn't know that Joyce DeWitt and Suzanne Somers did not talk to each other at all after Suzanne left the show... I thought that they were all good friends?? But then again, I always assume that because I think that if you work together a lot and spend THAT much time together, wouldn't you grow close to the people you work with??
    I believe it was money problems. Suzanne was getting bigheaded I think and wanted more money. It was either Joyce making more than Suzanne and she was mad, or Suzanne thought she deserved more than Joyce.

Sadly, similar case, Tina Louise (Ginger Grant) was not happy with her role on Gilligan's Island.

By the way, who is Winnie Cooper??
    Winnie Cooper is the main girl on The Wonder Years. Her real name is Danice McKellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I believe it was money problems. Suzanne was getting bigheaded I think and wanted more money. It was either Joyce making more than Suzanne and she was mad, or Suzanne thought she deserved more than Joyce.
    Suzanne Somers' business manager was (and I think still is) also her husband. He advised her to ask for more money and even part ownership of rights to the series. That didn't sit right with either Joyce DeWitt or John Ritter, who were collecting salaries for their work. Somers' husband also advised her to do many promotional activities as "Chrissy" independently of the rest of the THREE'S COMPANY team (which didn't exactly endear her to the studio). The final straw, however, was that she started to hold the series hostage by refusing to show up for production (hence, the episodes without a third roommate in Season 5 until Jenilee Harrison was brought in as Cindy).

Thanks for the info Ken! I didn't know that... But I did hear something about her asking for more money though. No wonder there was no 3rd roommate for a period of time. Why did Cindy leave and then Terri came?? Do you guys remember how they explained why Chrissy left?? I don't remember...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Thanks for the info Ken! I didn't know that... But I did hear something about her asking for more money though. No wonder there was no 3rd roommate for a period of time.
    Yeah. It was an awkward transition because when that season started, the expectation was that Somers would continue as Chrissy (and the opening credits continued to feature her for the remainder of the season). Cindy was added in mid-season; she was an emergency replacement.

Why did Cindy leave and then Terri came?? Do you guys remember how they explained why Chrissy left?? I don't remember...
    The Cindy character didn't quite click with audiences. She wasn't quite as ditzy as Chrissy, but her one schtick was that she was a big klutz (always bumping into people and things and knocking them over, especially Jack). There was some great physical comedy when Cindy was the third roommate, but the formula was limited. Moreover, people began to complain that both Chrissy *and* Cindy were dumb blondes, and thus misrepresented blonde people in general. By the time Season 6 started, it was decided to keep Cindy on for one more season as a visiting character (it was said that she moved out to attend UCLA veterinary school) and Terri moved in. Compared to Chrissy and Cindy, Terri was much more intelligent (though no less blonde).

By Season 7, Cindy had been phased out completely; with her disappearance from the cast, all connections back to Chrissy were gone.

Chrissy's own absence from the series was explained as her having returned home to Fresno, California to care for her ill mother. It was originally said to be temporary, but as time went by, she just didn't come back (no explanation was given either).

Thanks for the info and reminders Ken! It brings back soo many memories... Too bad it is all memories now... Do you know what Joyce DeWitt is doing now?? I know that Suzanne Somers sells products and stuff, but that's it...What about the one that played Larry? What is he doing now??I thought Larry was really funny too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Do you know what Joyce DeWitt is doing now??
    After THREE'S COMPANY ended, Joyce DeWitt was so disillusioned with Hollywood and the entertainment business that she all but disappeared from it for a decade. She started acting again in the mid-1990s, and has done some television work since, but no starring roles.

the one that played Larry? What is he doing now??I thought Larry was really funny too.
    Richard Kline (Larry) is now a television screenwriter/director, and occassionally still acts. His son is also acting now.

Thanks for the info! I am glad that they seem to be doing well, especially Richard Kline...

I heard that " Winnie Cooper" is extremely smart..She's a genius.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Any fans here of the classic 1970s/1980s U.S. sitcom THREE'S COMPANY?

This show seems very tame by today's standards, but at the time, it was the raunchiest thing going on mainstream American prime time T.V. The show was a big hit throughout its eight seasons from 1976 to 1984, and was inspired by a British comedy called MAN ABOUT THE HOUSE.

So any other fans of Jack Tripper, Janet Wood, Chrissy Snow, Cindy Snow, Terri Alden, Mr. and Mrs. Roper, Mr. Furley, and Larry Dallas here?
    Yea I grew up with this show. Felt like a member of my family passed away when John Ritter left us.
    Drinks on me at the Regal Beagle.

Hey how bout "Benny Hill Show?" kekekekek
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 08-16-07 at 03:51 PM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

[

Hey how bout "Benny Hill Show?" kekekekek[/quote]

Benny Hill Show was forbidden at my house but my siblings and i usually sneak out annd watch it...to think about it, it wasn't that bad or dirty right? Benny Hill was hillarious, fat english man running around..how could you forget the background music...
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Wow you're naughty.....I like that. hehehe

YOu guys can't forget Jack's helping hand in the kitchen....."Filipe." hahaha That guy was halarious!!!

Then after 3's Company, there was 3's A Crowd. Kind of got boring after that.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Wow you're naughty.....I like that. hehehe

YOu guys can't forget Jack's helping hand in the kitchen....."Filipe." hahaha That guy was halarious!!!

Then after 3's Company, there was 3's A Crowd. Kind of got boring after that.
    Neither of the two THREE'S COMPANY spinoffs, THE ROPERS and THREE'S A CROWD, managed to make any kind of headway with the original THREE'S COMPANY audience. The Ropers were hilarious on THREE'S COMPANY, and I think they were still funny on their own show, but THE ROPERS series didn't last beyond one season. The same was true of THREE'S A CROWD. Although John Ritter was still great as Jack Tripper, it wasn't the same without his zany roommates and landlords to play off of (his fiancee' and her father just weren't the same).

Anyone remember "greedy" Gretchen?