Thread: Had Lee Mok Sau ever heard of Wong Yerk See's older students?

Default Had Lee Mok Sau ever heard of Wong Yerk See's older students?

Lee Mok Sau had quite a history with East Heretic Wong Yerk See's students. The character to whom Lee Mok Sau is most often compared is Mui Chiu Fung, who served a role in LOCH similar to the role that Lee Mok Sau herself served in ROCH. When Ohr Jen Ngok first encountered Lee Mok Sau, he even used his old foe Mui Chiu Fung as a point of reference to rate Lee's martial arts. Later, Wong Yerk See lamented that if his students Chan Yeun Fung, Mui Chiu Fung, Luk Sing Fung, and Kuk Ling Fung were still alive and well, any one of them could defeat Lee Mok Sau, but alas, they had all perished. A little later, Lee Mok Sau fought and was nearly defeated by the youngest of Wong Yerk See's first-generation students, Fung Mak Fung. One of Lee Mok Sau's final opponents was Wong Yerk See's last student, Ching Ying.

Had Lee Mok Sau heard of Wong Yerk See's older students, however? Quite a few of them were famous or infamous in wulin just a few years before Lee Mok Sau began her wulin career. Mui Chiu Fung, for example, had been dead only a few years when Lee Mok Sau first entered wulin, and possibly Luk Sing Fung was still active in wulin as well. Lee Mok Sau seemed quite knowledgeable about wulin personalities ten years into her career (she even knew who Ohr Jen Ngok was). Prior to her encounter with Wong Yerk See, had Lee Mok Sau heard of any of the Peach Blossom Island disciples?

Yes. From the translation:

Blacksmith Feng said, “The Master of Peach Blossom Island has the ability to move heaven and earth, all his disciples need to do is to learn one art of his and they will be able to roam the realm. His first disciple is called Qu Lingfeng, his lightness kung fu is divine, and he is specialized in the art of the Iron Eight Trigram Palms, the variations in his martial arts are incredible. His second disciple is Chen Xuanfeng, he has trained his body to the point of that his bones and muscles are as strong as bronze and iron, impenetrable by sabers and spears. Have you heard about this?” When he was talking, he was still forging at the same time; the hammering sounds increased the force of his words.

Li Mochou was surprised when she heard him mention Qu Lingfeng; Yang Guo and others were also surprised. They would never have thought that an old blacksmith in a place like this would know about the people of Jianghu.

Li Mochou said, “Humph, there’s a tale around Jianghu, that someone snuck into the imperial palace to steal treasures and he was killed by the imperial guards. That was the Qu Lingfeng with his incredible variations in martial arts. As for the Bronze Corpse Chen Xuanfeng, I heard that a little child stabbed him to death, what is so powerful about him? Impenetrable by sabers and spears, bah, such nonsense!”

Blacksmith Feng said: “Hmm, hmmm....The Master of the Peach Blossom Island’s third disciple is called Mei Chaofeng, although she is a woman. Her claw and whip techniques are very fierce.”

Li Mochou laughed and said, “Yes, that woman’s claw and whip techniques were just too fierce, because of this the Seven Freaks of Jiangnan blinded her and later on, Western Poison Ouyang Feng shattered her lungs.”

Blacksmith Feng was stunned for a while and then said bleakly, “That happened? I didn’t know about it. The Master of Peach Blossom Island’s fourth disciple is Lu Chengfeng, his lightness kung fu is divine, the “Slashing Air Palm” extraordinarily powerful.”

Li Mochou said, “Someone with two broken legs and who can’t walk, that must be Lu Chengfeng with his divine lightness kung fu. Without working legs, he should rely on the wind (Chengfeng ----> fly off with wind) to fly, Ha-ha! Powerful “Slashing Air Palm”… every palm that comes out meets thin air that is the “Slashing Air Palm” of the Master of Peach Blossom Island.”
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 08-02-07 at 03:19 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Li Mochou said, “Humph, there’s a tale around Jianghu, that someone snuck into the imperial palace to steal treasures and he was killed by the imperial guards. That was the Qu Lingfeng with his incredible variations in martial arts. As for the Bronze Corpse Chen Xuanfeng, I heard that a little child stabbed him to death, what is so powerful about him? Impenetrable by sabers and spears, bah, such nonsense!”

Blacksmith Feng said: “Hmm, hmmm....The Master of the Peach Blossom Island’s third disciple is called Mei Chaofeng, although she is a woman. Her claw and whip techniques are very fierce.”

Li Mochou laughed and said, “Yes, that woman’s claw and whip techniques were just too fierce, because of this the Seven Freaks of Jiangnan blinded her and later on, Western Poison Ouyang Feng shattered her lungs.”
    Thanks for that. I wonder if Lee Mok Sau was also aware that the "little child" who stabbed Chan Yeun Fung to death was none other than the famous hero Gwok Jing.

I'm very surprised and impressed that Lee Mok Sau knew so much about the wulin history of the past few decades even though she had only emerged from the Ancient Tomb for about ten years herself. Many wulin people were actually quite ignorant of wulin events beyond their immediate sphere, yet Lee Mok Sau seems very well-read in the wulin personalities and events of the period that immediately preceded her own.

Li Mochou seemed to be a wanderer, as opposed to the 'average' Wulin pugilist, who would stay in one spot (ie, the Jiangnan freaks in Jiangnan, the Quanzhen disciples at Chongyang Palace, etc. etc. etc.). That might account for her breadth of knowledge despite her relative newness to the scene.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I would think that Lee Mok Sau did some research to find out about all of Wong Yerk See's disciples after being defeated by him.

I wondered why didn't HYS just wtfpwnd Li Mochou. She was an irritating woman. Or was this just ROCH 06.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    I wondered why didn't HYS just wtfpwnd Li Mochou. She was an irritating woman. Or was this just ROCH 06.
    Jianghu decorum and HYS is a proud man.

IMO this verbal exchange was a plot device by JY.

Li Mochou said, “Humph, there’s a tale around Jianghu, that someone snuck into the imperial palace to steal treasures and he was killed by the imperial guards. That was the Qu Lingfeng with his incredible variations in martial arts.

As for the Bronze Corpse Chen Xuanfeng, I heard that a little child stabbed him to death, what is so powerful about him? Impenetrable by sabers and spears, bah, such nonsense!”
    These events should not be public knowledge, especially Qu Lingfeng's death. It is possible that the 7 Freaks might have publicized the death of Chen Xuanfeng but it doesn't sound right to me.

Li Mochou said, “Someone with two broken legs and who can’t walk, that must be Lu Chengfeng with his divine lightness kung fu.
    I always thought Lu Chengfeng kept a very low profile, even his own family did not know his relationship to HYS. I doubt that Li would have been aware of the events leading up to their reunion.

These are about the only events which were widely publicized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Yes. From the translation:

Blacksmith Feng said, “The Master of Peach Blossom Island has the ability to move heaven and earth, ...
    Looks like Xiaoyao Hou has some competition
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”