Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remake of 《小李飞刀》Flying Swordsmen Lee

Default Remake of 《小李飞刀》The Romantic Swordsman

Note: The series is still unconfirmed

[Sina] According to reliable source, TVB is planning to film Gu Longs wuxia novel 《小李飞刀》Flying Swordsmen Lee with Hengdian filming company in mainland China. TVB plan to use this opportunity to further strengthen their position in mainland market. One of the main reasons TVB chose Hengdian is due to the latter owning vast resource, and TVB collaborate in making grand production series and perhaps a joint acting academy. On Hengdian side, its still under consideration because theyre wary of the different work culture between HK and mainland China. E.g. Working pace, the preparation of scripts etc.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2007-08-03/11441662941.shtml

[Baidu forum Unconfirmed source] This recent piece of news said that TVB will be working with CCTV instead to produce 《小李飞刀》Flying Swordsmen Lee after the success of [Drive of Life]. The confirmed cast list is:

李寻欢 Lee Cham Foon = Kevin Cheng
    林诗音 Lam See Yum = Sonija Kwok
    孙小红 Suen Siu Hung = Linda Chung
    阿飞 Ah Fei = Sun Jian 孙坚 (Mainland)
    龙啸云 Long Xiao Wan = Christopher Lee Ming Shun 李铭顺 (Singapore)
    惊鸿仙子杨艳 Yeung Yim = 姜华 Jiang Hua
    杏儿 Hang Yee = Yang Rui 杨蕊
    上官金虹 Sheung Goon Gam Hung = Norman Chu Siu Keung 徐少强
    天机老人 Tin Gei Lou Yan = Jackson Lou Xue Xian 楼学贤
    崔姥姥 Chui Lou Lou = Lee Ming Qi 李明启

The budget is estimated around $50 million, filming should begin in Hengdian around October 2007 and expected to be aired in May 2008.

http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=241837253

Sehseh: I doubt the authenticity of the Baidu news, because Kevin was supposed to film [Forensic Heroes 2] in September, it would be impossible for him to finish filming within a month.

Anyway, what do you think of the cast, and the series? Any other candidate you will pick for the cast?
    Last edited by sehseh; 08-06-07 at 03:00 AM.

So TVB had an original version of this? when was it?

Quote Originally Posted by triumph2004 View Post
    So TVB had an original version of this? when was it?
    TVB have two version version:
    1978 The Romantic Swordsman
    Starring Paul Chu Kong

1995 The New Romantic Swordsman
    Starring Eddie Kwan
    Themevideo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDQC4vnxJA

Taiwan, China have adapted the novel too but I'm not too sure when and who.
    Last edited by sehseh; 08-06-07 at 02:58 AM.

Hmm. Kevin doesn't look like a Lee Cham Foon to me. I expect Lee Cham Foon to be more mature looking. Although Kevin is already 38 years old (9 days more), he still looks very young. I also have doubt whether Kevin can handle his heroic but melanchonic character or not.

Sonija seems like a good choice of Lam See Yam and Linda also not bad for Suen Siu Hung.

Is Sun Jian handsome? Ah Fei is very handsome in the novel (so is Lee Cham Foon).

And who is going to play the all important Lam Sin Yee?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Is Sun Jian handsome? Ah Fei is very handsome in the novel (so is Lee Cham Foon).

And who is going to play the all important Lam Sin Yee?
    Found Sun Jian pics in baidu:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2518/5c4845736d9d07148701b09ek4.jpg')
    He looks more pretty than handsome, I guess.

No idea about Lam Sin Yee yet.

the picture doesn't work

I re-upload to imageshack liao, it should work

Description of Ah Fei in the novel. Base on the picture, I think Sun Jian is a good choice for Ah Fei.

From Lee Cham Foon's POV
    His eyebrows are thick, eyes very big, thin tight lips made a line, a straight nose that also made his face look even thinner.

This face reminds one very easily of stones in a flower pot, strong, rigid, cold, as if nothing matters, not even himself.

Yet this is also the most handsome face Li Xun Huan has ever seen in his life, although it's a bit young, a bit immature, it also already contains a very magnetic personality.
    Li Xun Huan looked at him with eyes filled with joy. He rarely finds people he's interested in, but this youngster is incredibly interesting.
    The youngster thought for a moment, then started drinking again. Li Xun Huan smiled as he looked at the youngster, appreciating his look as he drinks.
    This is the first time Li Xun Huan saw the youngster smile. He never thought a smile could bring such a huge change to a person.

The youngster's face used to be so lonely, so proud, making Li Xun Huan think he's like a wolf in the snow.

Yet when he smiled, his person totally changed. He became so warm, so close, so cute.
    The youngster did not answer this question. Yet one can see the look of incredible pain from his eyes.

It's only at this time that Li Xun Huan sees that this innocent child also has many hidden secrets. His childhood must have brought him much pain and suffering.
    Li XunHuan's face brightened as he thought about Ah Fei's handsome face, those sharp eyes, and that proud expression on his face.

Even more unforgettable are his rare smiles, and that fiery warmth buried inside his icy exterior.

He doesn't know how Ah Fei's has changed these past two years.

He doesn't know how Lin XianEr has treated Ah Fei.
    Li XunHuan stood there in shock.

The person who cannot possibly be Ah Fei? is Ah Fei.

Ah Fei's face did not change. His eyes are still big, his nose still straight. He still looks handsome, even more handsome than he used to be.

But his expression changed, changed a great deal.

He had lost his past magnetism, the pride, and the loneliness. He now looked very gentle, almost like a stiff.

He might look much better now, cleaner now, but he had lost his charisma.

He looks kinda feminine...lolz...like one of those taiwanese actors with long hair....

Oh, thanks to Kidd's post I remembered about wuxiapedia. They translated the novel into english

http://wuxiapedia.com/novels/gu_long...ruthless_sword
    Last edited by sehseh; 08-06-07 at 03:41 AM.

I had a feeling that TVB may attempt to do this novel again.... Hm... I don't know about the cast though... I think the 99 version with Vincent, Jason and Alyssa had the best cast, but too bad they didn't follow the novel though... Actually, I guess the cast is ok, but I hate how TVB butcher's storylines so IF they do this novel again.... Hm... my hopes aren't that high for a good adaption.... The guy for Ah Fei is a good choice since Ah Fei is suppose to be really handsome...

Also, another big flaw is WHY are they including all of those characters that did NOT exist in the novel and were ONLY made up for the 99 version made by Taiwan(like Hang Yee and Yeung Yim)? Ok, the hopes of this production aren't good... They didn't even list the other characters that did exist in the novel... But hey, why am I surprised?? TVB is doing this.... Too bad GL is no longer alive and can't say or do anything about this... sigh...
    Last edited by Trinie; 08-06-07 at 04:53 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I had a feeling that TVB may attempt to do this novel again.... Hm... I don't know about the cast though... I think the 99 version with Vincent, Jason and Alyssa had the best cast, but too bad they didn't follow the novel though... Actually, I guess the cast is ok, but I hate how TVB butcher's storylines so IF they do this novel again.... Hm... my hopes aren't that high for a good adaption.... The guy for Ah Fei is a good choice since Ah Fei is suppose to be really handsome...

Also, another big flaw is WHY are they including all of those characters that did NOT exist in the novel and were ONLY made up for the 99 version made by Taiwan(like Hang Yee and Yeung Yim)? Ok, the hopes of this production aren't good... They didn't even list the other characters that did exist in the novel... But hey, why am I surprised?? TVB is doing this.... Too bad GL is no longer alive and can't say or do anything about this... sigh...
    First of all, TVB wasn't exactly known for their faithfulness. Therefore, I'd consider it lucky if they stick to the original story 80%. In addition, this is a collaboration series, but it doesn't mean that TVB will be providing the script. It could be the other way.

And about the cast list... for now, there is no exact (reliable) source for the given list above. Therefore it definitely is not complete - like Kidd mentioned, how come there is no Lin Xian Er? Every Gu Long story have to have a beautiful, evil sl*t.

The guy is more of pretty than handsome.

I wonder if it's a real TVB's, why there r more mainland and Singapore actors than TVB's.
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

I just hope that they at least don't include characters that did not exist in the novel. Even though it is true that TVB is known for butchering stories, there are times that they do have a good and decent adaption. For example, The Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain 85 was actually a pretty good adaption and HSDS 86 was a decent one(although there were a lot of changes as well, but still pretty decent). However, that is pretty rare...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

After watching Vincent Jiao's version, I think it'll be hard for me to take in another Dagger Li series. Vincent, Jason and Alyssa were absolutely perfect casts in my opinion.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

I agree but Vincent's version(especially the 2nd half) was way off and could have been a great adaption... Too bad they butchered the story as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I agree but Vincent's version(especially the 2nd half) was way off and could have been a great adaption... Too bad they butchered the story as well..
    Yeah, the last 20 episodes were way off. But I still found it quite enjoyable just from watching Vincent's portrayal of Dagger Li.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

I agree since Vincent is the best Dagger Lee to me. I also love Xiao Qiang, Alyssa and Jason in their roles too. They are exactly how I imagine the characters to be.

best dagger lee is Ekin Cheng. they should just put a pop idol like him into the series like in chor lau heung 2001, should ve just made him chor lau heung instead of richie ren... kevin doesnt look good enough imo to be dagger lee. eddie kwan was cool looking always love his hair style in the old school version, didnt like vincents version, didnt get why he had some curly hair, and jason wu looks ridiculous, he doesnt look right in ancient drama. btw who is christopher lee playing? is he villain? dont really like skwok, she plays too much tvb roles as main female leads much like charmene(sp) did...they should use some better looking china or tvb actress. my opinion ada choi all the way she looks hot regardless.