Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Series: The Great Revival- Chen Daoming, Hu Jun, Zuo Xiaoqing, Ady An Yixuan

Default New Series: The Great Revival- Chen Daoming, Hu Jun, Zuo Xiaoqing, Ady An Yixuan

Chinese Title: Wo Xin Chang Dan

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060607/Img243610022.jpg')

Cast:

Chen Daoming- King Gou Jian of Yue
    Hu Jun- King Fu Chai of Wu
    Zuo Xiaoqing- Ya Yu
    Jia Yiping- Fan Li
    Ady An Yixuan- Xi Shi
    Wang Bing- Wu Zi Xu
    Yang Zaibao- He Lu

Sohu site: http://yule.sohu.com/s2006/wxcd/index.shtml

Trailers: trailer 1
    trailer 2

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060424/Img242963053.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photocdn.sohu.com/20060424/Img242963018.jpg')
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 06-29-06 at 01:48 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

OK, Hu Jun looks weird but I'll watch every Chen Dao Ming thing I can get my hands on!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

sunnysnow, has this completed filming already? i assume so or else there wouldn't be trailers available. what is ady's role here?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    sunnysnow, has this completed filming already? i assume so or else there wouldn't be trailers available. what is ady's role here?
    Ady plays Xi Si, one of the legendary 4 beauties of China. It is the same role that Sonija is taking in The "Conquest".

I think I might skip Chen Bao Guo's one then.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Chen DaoMing, Hu Jun and Jia Yiping...this series looks like it could be amazing just with the very strong cast! I wasn't very impressed with the early episodes of Chen Kun and Sonija's version, so I am definitely getting my hands on this one.

Will this story be the same as the Sonija Kwok version? I know that both stories are about the two warring states and Xi Shi's role in it. But, in what ways will these two series differ? Which version would you want to watch?

The trailer for this series looks a bit boring. But on the other hand, I am a bigger fan of Ady An than Sonija Kwok.

is this a movie or a series? The trailers remind ed me of Hero.

Ady looks kind of nice. but the headsets looks abit heavy on her.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem
    Will this story be the same as the Sonija Kwok version? I know that both stories are about the two warring states and Xi Shi's role in it. But, in what ways will these two series differ? Which version would you want to watch?
    Firstly, i have not watched either series so my answers are based on pics, trailers and news i've read.

If im not wrong, "The conquest" centres more around Fan Li ( King Yue's PM/adviser) played by Chen Kun (since he's the lead actor) and probably more on his legendary romance with Xi Shi.

"The great revival", like any serious mainland historical adaptation centres more on the 2 warring kings, especially Gou Jian (played by Chen Daoming).

Which version would you want to watch?
    For more adventure, action and romance, watch "The conquest". For more serious exchange of dialogues, grandness and ambience, "The great revival" then since the series did splurge a huge budget on filming and all.

The trailer for this series looks a bit boring. But on the other hand, I am a bigger fan of Ady An than Sonija Kwok.
    This is have to warn u. Ady fans may be disappointed because unlike "The conquest" where Xi Shi is the leading female character and has lots of screentime, Xi Shi in "The great revival" is more like a supporting female character with probably much less screentime. Mainland serials like these tend to always have the male characters dominate the screen anyway. Besides that, the leading female character is Ya Yu ( Gou Jian's wife, played by Zuo Xiaoqing).
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-07-06 at 01:59 AM.

Wise Fool

So...those who have watched both versions.....which one is better? I guess i'll consider TVB's version since Ady doesnt have much screentime in this one.
    Last edited by chelsea_fan; 06-29-06 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    It has completed filming a few months ago and probably is done with much of its editing process judging by the trailers. It should be released end of this yr or early next yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    is this a movie or a series? The trailers remind ed me of Hero.
    It's a series sugar. But im not sure how many episodes. Some articles list 40 while others list 50.

BTW, added the series poster to the 1st post.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 06-29-06 at 01:47 AM.

Wise Fool

Just wandering why both series choose the same story and been release almost at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ken2004
    Just wandering why both series choose the same story and been release almost at the same time.
    "The conquest" was filmed during the end of 2004 till maybe early 2005 while "The great revival" was filmed at the end of 2005 till March2006.

"The conquest" has already been released recently and has finished broadcasting in china while "The great revival" will probably be released much later. BTW, there is yet another mainland adaptation with the same plot which has also finished filming recently and it stars Chen Baoguo.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-07-06 at 01:58 AM.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow

It's a series sugar. But im not sure how many episodes. Some articles list 40 while others list 50.

seems interesting in the trailers.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

agree...the series definitely has an epic feel to it.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

mm... i wish ady was the lead actress in the conquest. i like chen kun lol. so thats why I'm not sure which one to watch. Chen kun's or Ady's. Both have pros and cons becuase Ady's a supporting character and little romance, but Chen Kun's version has Sonjia and his hair looks creepy.

O_O
    Watching: White Robe of Love - Ady and Dylan Forever
    Tokyo Juliet (currently addicted) Wu Zun is hot

I'm looking forward to this series! Chen Dao Ming looks just like he did in Hero. Anyway, you can never go wrong with works he's involved in. This is at least the third series Jia Yi Ping and Zuo Xiao Qing have been in together. I do like their chemistry, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Has anyone started watching this yet? I read it's currently airing in various parts of China at the moment.

Wise Fool

Ack, all these series I've been expecting seem to be coming out at once. This one's on my list for sure, just gotta find the time.

Opening Theme Video

Ending Theme Video

Despite it being one of the grand productions of 2006, viewership ratings in parts of China where the series has been aired has been very low. Chen Daoming also did not garner much praises for his acting as Gou Jian.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    Despite it being one of the grand productions of 2006, viewership ratings in parts of China where the series has been aired has been very low. Chen Daoming also did not garner much praises for his acting as Gou Jian.

I read that too, and apparently ditto for Hu Jun's performance as well. 2007 has not been kind to Chen Daoming in many respects thus far.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")