Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Do You Think Deserves To Get 2007 Best Actor Award

Quote Originally Posted by louisax View Post
    I dont want to. If you understand that is no need at all. I dont want to be rude with you last post. Just wanna say. Keep peace.
    You didn't rude. You are a peacemaker. Keep it up. Support you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    this is exactly my point:-
    What, Kevin acting really that poor for you? Mayb you will change your opinion after watching his new series.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Kevin Cheng, Raymond Lam, Ron Ng and Bobby are deserve to get The Best Actor award !!!! Moses acting isnt good, fake. Since Kevin get that award last year, so i think have to give the chance to Raymond Lam and Ron Ng. If can, i want Kevin, Raymond and Ron get The Best Actor award!!!! These 3 = handsome and good in acting. They really deserve!!
    I'm sorry to say this. It is your opinion indeed, but I lost you there when you mentioned RON NG. Maybe when he starts to act with more emotions, expressions or establish himself as a decent actor should you consider that again. Ron Ng still has TONS to work on in order to achieve that 'Best Actor' quality and it will take him a LONG time.

Also, Best Actor isn't handed out to ones that are simply good at acting or handsome(if that's even a criteria at all...). It's being able to convince the audience genuinely of what it takes as a true actor. It doesn't apply solely to the one deserving performance in the year, but overall the worthiness from the substance through numerous strive and experience exceptionally demonstrated in a standout performance.

The names you mentioned I found more worthy is Bobby and Moses, although you had a negative feedback on him. Maybe it's your own personal preference, but as far as I know, he's a huge favorite amongst the audience as a front-runner, and it didn't happen for no reason. Very deserving. As for Raymond? I've said it earlier and I'll say it again. He's a very good actor with great talents but he's NOT at the level to beat out far experienced and better actors that deliver more prolific performances. But I can guarantee amongst the newer generation, he will be one of the best to come when prime reaches, and one of the first to reach the class of 'Best Actor' quality in the future. (At least way ahead of the other siu sangs.)
    Last edited by Kiss7; 08-17-07 at 01:51 AM.

Either Raymond, moses, Bosco or Sammul.
    Just me

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7 View Post
    I'm sorry to say this. It is your opinion indeed, but I lost you there when you mentioned RON NG. Maybe when he starts to act with more emotions, expressions or establish himself as a decent actor should you consider that again. Ron Ng still has TONS to work on in order to achieve that 'Best Actor' quality and it will take him a LONG time.

Also, Best Actor isn't handed out to ones that are simply good at acting or handsome(if that's even a criteria at all...). It's being able to convince the audience genuinely of what it takes as a true actor. It doesn't apply solely to the one deserving performance in the year, but overall the worthiness from the substance through numerous strive and experience exceptionally demonstrated in standout performance.

The names you mentioned I found more worthy is Bobby and Moses, although you had a negative feedback on him. Maybe it's your own personal preference, but as far as I know, he's a huge favorite amongst the audience as a front-runner, and it didn't happen for no reason. Very deserving. As for Raymond? I've said it earlier and I'll say it again. He's a very good actor with great talents but he's NOT at the level to beat out far experienced and better actors that deliver more prolific performances. But I can guarantee amongst the newer generation, he will be one of the best to come when prime reaches, and one of the first to reach the class of 'Best Actor' quality in the future. (At least way ahead of the other siu sangs.)
    I'm not agree with you. Ron Ng for you, or mayb most of you, think he isnt a good actor. For me he is good. Of course good looking cant be count to get The Best Actor award but i mention it just want to tell them not only good in acting but handsome also. If you said The Best Actor must be favourtite of audience i dont think that is fair. Nowaday, most of the audience like an actor depend on his role not acting.

im gonna substitute for the peacemaker and make peace here
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    What, Kevin acting really that poor for you? Mayb you will change your opinion after watching his new series.
    okay, I hated him way backkkkk in like ten years ago maybe? when he was in the series with Jimmy Lin and Alec Su.. He's so annoying.. And I hated him even more in 'the canopy of love' that is by far, the WORST series I've ever came across.. I rather watch meteor garden II than putting up with his acting.. eww ewwwwwwwww.. the only reason I even try that series is because of Nicky Chow.. But her being constantly paired up with him, sigh, my patience has indeed reach it's limit..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7 View Post

bUT, does that mean that as long as the "older generation" is still acting that ray doesnt deserve the award? i mean i'm not dissing the older generation like michael miu and damian etc cause i love watching their acting, but... they can't hog the limelight just cause people think we need to respect them...

ohh... my opinion, i hated moses in HOG, i thought he overreacted in alot of scenes especially the laugh that was 'pecially annoying and i never once liked him in any series i'm unfraid and i dont think hes easy on the eyes either...

i loved watching raymond, not because hes HOT, but because i can see that his acting has improved majorly since golden faith but at the same time, if hes gonna win the award it would be for TDOL or something else cause alfred wasnt a breakthrough character that he should win on...

anywayz, have the nominations for best actor even came out yet? why dont u wait to see whos actually a contender this yr? who knows maybe someone else would be on it that never occurred to yous...

BTW, ron ng is bad acting!!!! ehehhe....

anywayz, have the nominations for best actor even came out yet? why dont u wait to see whos actually a contender this yr? who knows maybe someone else would be on it that never occurred to yous...
    I didn't say Moses IS the contender for it. I said he is one of the audiences' favorite runners for it currently. Since this topic is still VERY EARLY, it could all change for sure. And I will be supporting any of the nominees for 'Best Actor' by the time of the anniversary awards.

And why is everyone assuming when I say "Raymond doesn't deserve it yet" means because he's too young? Well it could play a part, but not really the main reasons. Notice how I said in the earlier post "far experienced actors who deliver more prolific performances"? YES it's true Raymond is a very good actor and one of the best siu sangs in the newer generation but do you seriously think he's AT that level yet?

But again, the choices are not in our hands but the TVB staff - I just hope this year the awards go home to deserving candidates. Last year some of them were definitely questionable.

And yes I'm glad we agree about Ron Ng

i think there is a difference between who deserves it and who is going to win it....
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    i think there is a difference between who deserves it and who is going to win it....
    So true.

Judging from this year series, I have yet to be impressed by any of the actors. I am not saying they are bad but just not fantastic (but then again, I have not watched all the series).