Thread: Help creating a Character (need chinese name)

Wink Help creating a Character (need chinese name)

Hi! I'm thinking about creating a wuxia-fantasy character, who resembles a Gu Long Character. I mean, the lonely type guy, who drinks a lot of alcohol but has a lot of sense of justice. With a help of a dictionary I come with this names, please tell me if the meaning I want to give it, it's correct or not!

Qu Yuan (its a real history figure, a famous poet, who fight the injustices with his poems)
    Ju Yuan

(the meaning I want to give it is the one who Repels the injustices)
    The nick that is known is The Eagle with a Broken Wing (because its an one-armed man).
    Can someone gives me a translation in chinese??

Thanks a lot! You always help.

Aisenjuelo Nuerhachi

The Eagle with a Broken Wing:獨翼鷹
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

lol corny.

For a chinese online game?

Thanks a lot... Its just for my comic book project!
    Maybe I can show you some skeetches of him if you like (I got to scan them with the other mac).

Thanks for your support!

While I'm not volunteering to help name your character, I'll offer this piece of advice: whatever you do, don't use a name derived from an existing wuxia character (especially not from well-known Jin Yong or Gu Long characters). Some wuxia fanfiction writers have a tendency to do that, and the results are cringingly lame.

One armed man, eagle with the broken wing?

Yang Guo works.

:P
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

To Ken Cheng:
    I'm sorry to tell you, but you just help me telling me such an advice
    Any advise is welcome. So I just put it in this forum just to listen this kind of advices.

Ren Wo Xing:
    I dont know Yang Guo works. It's because I'm a spanish wuxia fan who just read, a little of this and a little of that. But I'll make a research. Thanks!

An explanation for people so you can understand my particular vision on this "future" project:

This graphic novel it will be drawn for Spanish people, who is not versed in wuxia fiction. Most of them don't understand why people fly, or which technic is more powerful... For me its a presentation to the common spanish reader of the wuxia genre. So my intention is to pick up a little of JY a little of GL a little of 3 kingdoms, and a little of Chinese mythology...
    One of the most know wuxia heroes here (because shaw brothers) is the One-armed Swordsman.
    Occidental people, also knew plots of detective and mystery theme, like Sherlock Holmes (like the ones Gu Long likes to write), and the role of the anty-hero, a poor drunken man with no will to live, is also popular here.
    I pretend just to introduce some wuxia elements in a simple detective story.
    My plan is that every character in the story represents a Chinese popular cliché.
    I dont know if you can understand me at all (its difficult for me to express it in english)

So, now you know my point of view. Its like, some Chinese would like to write a story about a bullfighter.. hahaha... maybe you have to go little by little so people can understand. I want to use clichés so people can recognize better what I'm trying to tell. Its not a fanfic. Its a fantasy world, not based in any history period, filled with different monsters of other popular tales.

I'm just confused... hahaha.

Wow, sounds interesting!

If your audience are spanish, then I encourage you use that as a base plot. Your martial arts has to originate from Spain itself. At least for the protaganist and the majority of the characters. I can't imagine myself reading a wuxia novel whereas most of the plot and martial arts revolves around something foreign.

A detective story is often fascinating through the process yet borring in the end. You have to juggle the suspense wisely. If its too much and too lengthy, its overkill and boring respectively.

P.S Add in a little twist. Oh and you know readers like conspiracy double crossing, triple crossing and seeing the protaganist suffer Well, at least I do. GOGOGO, and remember to release draft chapters here in the forums.

Thanks for your encouragment!
    I'll try my best to make it exciting!

Maybe you can change his name to the ONE-FINGERED SWORDSMAN?

Is comedy relief quite popular in L'espagne?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]