Thread: Carthage, Missouri "Dai HOi Thanh Mau"

Default Carthage, Missouri "Dai HOi Thanh Mau"

Did anyone attended this year Dai Hoi Thanh Mau in Carthage,Missouri?
    Did you like Thuy Nga Production performing?

Does anyone know the Date for 2008?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

My cousins goes every year because their church operates one of the restaurants. It been many years since I've been back. Heard it was very hot this year too.

Who perform this year?
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

I went again this year and helped out with our quan again. The Thuy Nga performance this year I don't think was as good as last year, then again, I missed the first night because I was working.

The night that I went, Tam Doan had a nice performance, Nhu Quynh sounded bad, Trinh Lam's song wasn't that great, Quang Le was wonderful, Minh Tuyet's cover isn't as good as someone else's, and the new girl who sang with Hoai Linh was actually pretty good.

You could expect DHTM to be around the same time next year. Temperature wise it wasn't THAT bad...bordering about 100 each day which is better than most days over here in TX.

Anyway...that's all folks!
    ~*~ Philipians 1:3~*~

okay, so tell me why i never heard of this until this year? haha. n i'm surprised it's at Missouri instead of say, California KekEke.
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

Thuy nga performance was ok this year. I kinda like ASIA Production more...My family and I goes every year for the past 7 years...just to pray..really. It's not fun or anything but you just feel so good after ...It was extremely hot this year ..

I wanted to know that date so i can make motel reservation for next year...Tired of spending over 120/a night for a cheap motel..

Quote Originally Posted by LTD View Post
    Temperature wise it wasn't THAT bad...bordering about 100 each day which is better than most days over here in TX.
    That's why I take at least 2 showers everyday when I'm in MO. And lucky for me, the line for the showers is NEVER long for guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    I wanted to know that date so i can make motel reservation for next year...Tired of spending over 120/a night for a cheap motel..
    Why are you staying in a motel? Part of the fun is camping out.
    Last edited by CrazyT; 08-16-07 at 01:30 PM.

Why are you staying in a motel? Part of the fun is camping out.[/quote]

you caught me...darnit..i know..I'm too spoiled. I can't handle the heat and the long wait for the shower and bathroom. It's really dirty in the ladies' shower...ewwwwwwwy...

You know, in my younger years, when I was like maybe 11-16 years old, I love camping out and it was fun. ( Sneaking out when my parent are asleep so I can go under the statue to pray..hhehehehe)..

Who's going this year? I am! I am!

Dai Hoi Thanh Mau? What's that? Never heard of it....is it only held in Missouri?

The last time I've been to "Marian Days" in Missouri was in the early 2000's I had so much fun. We didn't do a lot of praying just walking around and looking for gals and at night there'd be a whole bunch of kids whom will meet up by the turtle to break or have a break dance off.

Some nights the priests will be a party pooper and tell them to break it up, but we will leave and return again. I believe Marian Days are held the first week of August it always starts on the first Thursday of August and run through Sunday I think this yr it's August 7-11, 2008. But don't quote me on it. August is considered to be one of the hottest months of the summer. And the heat and humidity there is just too unbearable.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Are there a lot of Vietnamese people in Missouri? I don't see too many around. Do you have any good recommendation for Vietnamese restaurants in St. Louis? I have been to two and was not too impressed with the quality.

What is this celebration for? I'm in Hawaii, this sounds interesting!

Praying? Is it like a buddhist or catholic thing?
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    What is this celebration for? I'm in Hawaii, this sounds interesting!
    Praying? Is it like a buddhist or catholic thing?
    It's a Catholic thing. It's like a convention where Catholics around the U.S. gather for prayer, retreat, and worship. A lot of people go every year like thousands of people. People usually bring their camping gears and sent up tents around the area. It's a lot of fun, but very hot though.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Are there a lot of Vietnamese people in Missouri? I don't see too many around. Do you have any good recommendation for Vietnamese restaurants in St. Louis? I have been to two and was not too impressed with the quality.
    I've never been to St. Louis before so I can't tell you if there are a lot of Vietnamese peeps or any good restaurants maybe you could ask the locals around there.

More info on Marian Days.
    Last edited by MrPhotastic; 08-04-08 at 07:33 PM.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    It's a Catholic thing. It's like a convention where Catholics around the U.S. gather for prayer, retreat, and worship. A lot of people go every year like thousands of people. People usually bring their camping gears and sent up tents around the area. It's a lot of fun, but very hot though.

I've never been to St. Louis before so I can't tell you if there are a lot of Vietnamese peeps or any good restaurants maybe you could ask the locals around there.

More info on Marian Days.

Wow that sounds fun! I wish I was more catholic. My parent's didn't really enforce religion with me. My dad is catholic [not a very good one] & my mom's buddhist [not a very good one either]. So yea. That actually sounds fun.

When I went to church, I was mesmerized by their singing
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

hmmm...i continue to feel sadden by those who have so much zeal for this trip and perish en route to their destination. may they rest in peace. i hope that in the future, the roads will be much safer to carthage and the journey less eventful.

one day, i hope to go as well.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I heard about it....the other week they were praying for the victims during mass. So unfortunate...RIP. Now you really have to start thinking....who rented the bus that clearly was not qualified? Who do we blame, if any at all?

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

I heard about this on the radio the other day. How unfortunate, indeed! May their souls RIP.

The bus departed from my church. This is the same service that my parents use when they go to Carthage but luckily, they didn't go this year.

I know people who lost a mom or dad on that bus. I found out not too long ago that a girl that I grew up with was also on that bus. She didn't make it and left behind a husband and 2 kids. Very saddening.

ummmm, what kind of praying were u doing under the "statue"....you sure it wasn't under góc dła? hehe