Thread: Liar Game

Default Liar Game

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Liar_Game1.jpg')

11 episode series starring Toda Erika from Death Note and Nobuta wo Produce, Matsuda Shota from Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2, this series is fast-paced, captivating and quite interesting.........

Toda Erika plays an honest, trusting college student, Kanzaki Nao, who probably never told a single lie in her entire life. One fateful day, she accidentally opened a box containing a hundred million yen , along with a card saying she has been chosen to take part in the "Liar Game". Once the box is opened, she could not back out. The aim of the game is to trick the other players out of their hundred million dollars. At the end, the winner gets the hundred million and the loser is a hundred million yen in debt. The next day, she receives notification that her opponent is one of her favourite former teacher, Fujisawa Kazuo. She took the money to him, seeking help to back out of the game, but instead got cheated into handing over her money. Desperate, she approaches the police for help, but they are unable to do anything. However, she is told of a genius swindler, Akiyama Shinichi (Matsuda Shota), who is to be released from jail the next day. She goes to him for help...........

First, I like the intensity of the show. Second, I like Erika's character Kanzaki Nao. Although her personality is unrealistic, being incredibly guilible, honest to a fault, trusting and angelic. Erika did a convincing job portraying a down-to-earth, kind-hearted 'guardian angel' character in this show. Such a character is usually thought by many as foolish, being nice, overly trusting and boring, but Erika projects such an innocent and calm karma that you just like her. Despite being cheated so many times in her life, she never gives up hope and continues believing, yearning to trust others. You'd think 'Why doesn't she ever learn? It's her fault if she's been cheated so many times.' Erika manages to pull Nao off in a sweet way.

Most of all, I like her chemistry with Shota's Akiyama-san, though it never really developed into a romantic relationship, but you could tell he likes her as her personality is somehow like his mother. I like the way Shota's character Akiyama protects Kanzaki Nao too. Erika's ingenuity just makes you laugh at times.

Give this show a go if you want something different.

fantastic!!
    talented!!
    i love this series so much
    watching liar and game needs IQ...

Kurosagi and this drama, its focuses on the main plot and never develops into any romance, which is sorta sad, but still very good. I've started watching this drama.

I wonder, which one do you all like best, Kurosagi or Liar Game?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I like this dorama! Yeah...an it's also like an IQ game....

You have to lie or to fool the others to win the game....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://kzi.animeblogger.net/wp-content/images/LIARGAME/LIARGAME2b.jpg')

Cool collage, snow angel.

I really like this show, but not so much the ending. they repeated a lot of previous scenes and didn't give enough punch to end the story in a blasting way. If they had given more romance at the end of the show, it'd be much better.

What is it with Japanese shows these days that they cut off romance to such a huge degree aside from high school storylines?

one of many the best J-series that I've ever watched, the game is very interesting indeed, i like the resurrection game part mostly, ,matsuda en toda erika they both awesome,good chemistry together, and good combination too, i wish they make the sequel since the manga hasn't over yet,

Why is Shota's hair in the poster grey? Anyway, I'm finally able to continue watching this drama. Nao and Shinchi are so cute! Episode 4, Nao is so naive, she doesn't even know what S+M means. It's so cute how Shinchi tries to explain to her. And she responds that she's M. Hahaha it's a pity they don't develop romantically, it wouldn't distract from the storyline even if they did.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

my my...i was about to buy this one but didn't because the subs available are only mando and no eng subs...it will be hard for me to understand
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

click to show/hide spoilers
    OMG! I thought that Tsukihara/F guy was obviously X! He was really stupid to reveal himself. Being too confident, leads to many errors. Being Cunning and scheming, led him to be conned by A. Shinchi.

You can still watch it on silentregrets.com.

I finally watched the last episode (yeah, I could've seen it sooner, but I decided to watch it all slowly) and I loved it. I definetly liked this better than Kurosagi, this drama has a good message.

Although there's no romance in this drama, I'll just assume the last scenes between Akiyama and Nao as something more. It's the subtle love.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I finally watched the last episode (yeah, I could've seen it sooner, but I decided to watch it all slowly) and I loved it. I definetly liked this better than Kurosagi, this drama has a good message.

Although there's no romance in this drama, I'll just assume the last scenes between Akiyama and Nao as something more. It's the subtle love.
    I think this is a very interesting show. Cool cinematography as well, but ending could have more mystery.

I like how Akiyama-san is always there for Nao. They're so funny and compatible together. Akiyama is like Nao's guardian angel in the show.