Thread: Modem Problem

Default Modem Problem

anyone know what happen or fix to a internet modem when the receive and send keep blinking?? i got comcast....now i don't have any internet connection at all....the receive and send keep blinking...i already tried reboot my computer and turn off the modem/reset....even call comcast tech guy but he won't be able to come until Saturday. anyone have this problem??....

Receive and Send light blinking and if you have other lites...are they off?

Whenever I get a connection problem with my cable internet...it has always been my Cable company's doing. Either they put my service on hold because I didn't pay the bills or another time is when one of my computer was infected with a trojan that was spamming emails so the Security pple at the Cable company locked up my service. Other then that...a reset of modem/router usually will fix it.

So the tech guy said nothing was wrong with the line?
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 08-22-07 at 05:22 AM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Receive and Send light blinking and if you have other lites...are they off?

Whenever I get a connection problem with my cable internet...it has always been my Cable company's doing. Either they put my service on hold because I didn't pay the bills or another time is when one of my computer was infected with a trojan that was spamming emails so the Security pple at the Cable company locked up my service. Other then that...a reset of modem/router usually will fix it.

So the tech guy said nothing was wrong with the line?
    the tech guy won't come until Saturday...the online light is off the rest is on but receive and send light keep blinking.

The only thing that you can do is restart it, and then restart your computer, that's the ONLY thing you can do when it comes to internet, the problem is quite simple there's only 3 places that it can mess up. 1 the computer, 2 the modem, 3 the line. (1.5 the router if u use one)

1) the computer messing up? rare, the modem is a solid state device, to check this out, hook your internet line to a laptop, still no internet? not the computer
    1.5) the router, this can happen, for some reason router mess up alot for a solid state device, so many refurb and return routers at stores to confirm this. Only way to tell if it's mess up? don't route the internet through it, just go modem to computer and see if u get internet.
    2) modem, it's basically the same as a router, but for some reason these things built like a rock, they rarely go wacko on people, testing it? no way unless u get a spare one, al you can do is restart it.
    3) The line, again no way to test it, u have to call them up and they can run a line test for you. Typically it depends on where you live, they can only test the line as far as the terminal going into your house/apartment, so if the line is mess up somewhere between the terminal to your house, they'll need to get a tech out and fix it, by them scanning the line they can pretty much narrow it down. Internet lines go down when there's storm + rain and bad weather, i've been wondering why the hell it happen since lines are burried underground, but that's always been the case in my area, rain = big chance internet goes out for a couple hours to 1 day.

thank for the great info.
    i don't think the problem is the modem b/c i just exchange the old one with the new one, and it still doesn't work. also, i connect it into my laptop but no internet either, so the problem must be the cable line.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    the tech guy won't come until Saturday...the online light is off the rest is on but receive and send light keep blinking.
    Yes I totally agree with warlock.

Did your cable company run a line test and did they say it was ok? Plus some of them techs are clueless. Once my internet was down for 2 days. I called and the tech said everything was fine. Yet my internet was not working. Soon after me calling...my internet started working on its own. hmmm...i suspect they had my account on lock and didn't even realize it until after I called. The good thing is that they have me on a faster package then I'm actually paying for. shhhhh
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner