Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fruits

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    how bout it smell and taste like sh*t darling not lying either, it is a horrible fruit

but dont worry bellamia, i'll still like u
    awww Lunar, you're forgiven! At least, you've tried and didn't like it. To each his own then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    u know what Sh*t tastes like?
    not to be vulgar, but I i think that it is much smellier after eating and farting

Have you tried durian or jack fruit boiled seeds? They are really good as well and the farts are terribly horrendous after you eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    There are drinks made from Durian?
    I looked up the facts on Durian awhile ago and found that Durian is one of the fattiest fruits ever. Eating over the recommended amount is not good for you. Have you guys tried deep fried Durian? MMMMmmmmmmmm It is heaven!
    Yeah, durian is very fattening, but then again, anything that tastes good is always bad for you. You have never had durian smoothies? It's on the menu in most Vietnamese and Chinese restaurants. I love deep fried durian too.

None of the Asian restaurants here permit Durians at their place.
    I actually asked once why that was, and the owner told me that Americans didn't like the smell of it.

wow...that's weird since durian drink is not very strong in smell. Besides, why aren't they catering to Asians instead of Americans?

I live in a smaller town with mostly white people. Basically, all the Asians in town know or know someone who knows you. Therefore the ones that open up the restaurants know that if they want to survive in this town, they have to cater to the white people. Plus, some Asians also find durian to be smelly. My friend is one of those that can't stand the smell, so I can't bring my durian home. I have to eat it at my mom's.

awww...that really sucks! Well, I can eat a whole durian all by myself, but it is soooooooooo expensive where I lived. It costs like $9 per pound, so I can't afford to eat the fresh durian. Thanks god for the frozen kind, though. I can make good durian smoothie. Mix and blend durian with a little bit of water, sweet milk, vannila ice cream, and ice, and then whoalaa...try it!

There are drinks made from Durian?
    I looked up the facts on Durian awhile ago and found that Durian is one of the fattiest fruits ever. Eating over the recommended amount is not good for you. Have you guys tried deep fried Durian? MMMMmmmmmmmm It is heaven!

yes, there are sweetie, not to mention, there are cakes that has a layer of Durian and another with Taro

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post

Have you tried durian or jack fruit boiled seeds? They are really good as well and the farts are terribly horrendous after you eat them.

Yeah, durian is very fattening, but then again, anything that tastes good is always bad for you. You have never had durian smoothies? It's on the menu in most Vietnamese and Chinese restaurants. I love deep fried durian too.

yea, i tried it. I actually like jack fruit alot can't get them fresh here
    wow...that's weird since durian drink is not very strong in smell. Besides, why aren't they catering to Asians instead of Americans?

well, in asia, some places don't allow durians in their restaurants/hotels.
    awww...that really sucks! Well, I can eat a whole durian all by myself, but it is soooooooooo expensive where I lived. It costs like $9 per pound, so I can't afford to eat the fresh durian. Thanks god for the frozen kind, though. I can make good durian smoothie. Mix and blend durian with a little bit of water, sweet milk, vannila ice cream, and ice, and then whoalaa...try it!

durian ice cream is divine too
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

talk about deep fried...

i LOVE deep fried banana ice cream
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

talk about deep fried...

i LOVE deep fried banana ice cream
    Aiya, speaking of deep fried banana ice cream, have you ever tried green tea tempura ice cream or grean tea ice cream with red bean in many of the Japanese restaurant? Yummmm...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://d0.biggestmenu.com/00/00/8d/7b3d3c7d9ee1c325_m.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://stpo.homelinux.org/blog-images/ujikintoki.jpg')

that chicken ice cream looks sick lol, i tihnk i will have to use the restroom after that

2nd one looks good
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

that chicken ice cream looks sick lol, i tihnk i will have to use the restroom after that

2nd one looks good

sweetheart, that's not a "chicken ice cream." The crispy layer outside is flour batter.

haha, you're funny lunar!! mistaking fried batter for chicken!! haha. fried icecream is yummy, but, fried icecream=fat=no-go zone. i'm really weight and self conscious. i have a mild allergy to banana, rock melon and honey dew. when i was small, i was allergic to mango. it gave me ezcema. not anymore.

Is there a strategic way to cut open a fresh durian without suffering painful stabbed wounds in the process? I was in the mood for a treat, so I spent heaps of money for a fresh durian, but then, it took me literally one hour to cut it open and was stabbed hundreds of time by the porcupine skins.

Is there a strategic way to cut open a fresh durian without suffering painful stabbed wounds in the process? I was in the mood for a treat, so I spent heaps of money for a fresh durian, but then, it took me literally one hour to cut it open and was stabbed hundreds of time by the porcupine skins.
    Use a sharp pointy knife and slice openings in between the sections of the seed. After that just use both hands and get your fingers into the slit and pull it apart.

Use a sharp pointy knife and slice openings in between the sections of the seed. After that just use both hands and get your fingers into the slit and pull it apart.
    I did! I did! But it was just too tough to split it apart, so I had to slice and dice multiple layers before I could pull it open. My left palm is red and in pain, but I'm enjoying the durian as we speak. I think I will settle for the frozen one from now on unless someone else does the hard work for me.

How sad is this? This is from an Asian country!!!!!!!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/Singapore_MRT_Fines.jpg/471px-Singapore_MRT_Fines.jpg')

I did! I did! But it was just too tough to split it apart, so I had to slice and dice multiple layers before I could pull it open. My left palm is red and in pain, but I'm enjoying the durian as we speak. I think I will settle for the frozen one from now on unless someone else does the hard work for me.
    You can also use an oven mitten so you don't get poked.

You can also use an oven mitten so you don't get poked.
    I suppose I could, but I don't have any. I tried to use a towel, but it got in the way. Next time then...thanks!

probably because the place is catered towards white peeps
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    probably because the place is catered towards white peeps
    huh? that sign? oh, that's from an airport i believe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else love mangosteen? I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.benikou.com/shopping/mangosteen/mangosteen_cut.jpg')