Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The X-Family

ahh yess, for me Xia Yu = Danson

Yes, we're talking about Danson's Xia Yu.

Kidd, are you seriously watching The X-Family and KO One at the same time? Won't you get them mixed up?
    Tanteun, Danson and Jiro are currently filming a new series called Rolling Love. Can't wait to see them together again

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Kidd, are you seriously watching The X-Family and KO One at the same time? Won't you get them mixed up?
    Of course, I won't get mixed up. The setting is different.
    Actually, I rented The X-Family first. But, then, I went to watch a few episodes KO One online and got hooked. So, I went and bought KO One. But, I've already rented the first 4 episodes of The X-Family. So, might as well watch that too.
    But, I'm currently watching KO One more. The X-Family, I'm still stuck in episode 1.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

posted deleted
    Last edited by kidd; 02-27-08 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Of course, I won't get mixed up. The setting is different.
    Actually, I rented The X-Family first. But, then, I went to watch a few episodes KO One online and got hooked. So, I went and bought KO One. But, I've already rented the first 4 episodes of The X-Family. So, might as well watch that too.
    But, I'm currently watching KO One more. The X-Family, I'm still stuck in episode 1.
    I thought KO One is not your cup of tea? I also bought the DVD for both series. I don't like watching it online, so if I like the casts, I just bought the set. I got it really cheap anyway ($10 for KO)!

Jilly, who do you like more? Wang Da Dong or Xia Tian?

I like Da Dong, but I like Xia Tian more coz he's a very nice person with a pure heart. His evil Gui Long makes it that much more interesting. I also like Lan Lin Wang over Wang Ya Se.

Have you continued watching this series or are you still stuck on episode 1?

Yeah, I'm still stuck on episode 1.

I heard that they are going to film part 3 called 'Zhong Ji Yi Jie' (終極一街). This time, it will focus on the Bronze Dimension.

http://club.jctrans.com/blog/index.p...mid_11385.html
    http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/41178053.html?fr=qrl
    http://blog.mdbchina.com/post/1027897/

Is this true?
    Last edited by kidd; 03-02-08 at 08:31 PM.

Omg, are you serious? You made my day with this good news!
    I'm so gonna wach it when it comes out.

But I honestly don't know if it's true. Whenever I read entertainment news about Fahrenheit's filming commitment, the articles only mentioned about Jiro and Danson's 翻滾吧!蛋炒飯 (Rolling Love), Aaron's 霹靂MIT(The Clue Collector - another sci-fi series that I'm anxiously waiting to see) and Wu Chun's 籃球火 (Hot Shot) and upcoming period drama 阿鼻劍 (Ah Bi Jian). Calvin is the only one who doesn't have any filming commitment right now. They never said anything about them filming 終極一街 (Zhong Ji Yi Jie). I hope this isn't just a rumor. I really wanna watch 終極一街!

Don't hold your hopes high because I don't know whether it's true or not. I just read in another blog that said GTV or HIM haven't confirm this news.

http://fahrenheitfans.multiply.com/journal/item/38

Oh no... this is what I'm afraid of. I guess I can only wait and see if there really is going to be a sequel next year. Thanks anyway for the news, kidd! At least there's hope of the sequel in the making.

I watch the part where Xia Yu change to Gui Feng. Gui Feng hot leh. I like Gui Feng's look more than Gui Long.

Wahaha... You like Gui Feng? He's pretty "kua zhang" when he first appears
    Gui Feng is so.... girlishly funny in his own way He's pretty entertaining.
    But Gui Long is still hotter lah

I like Gui Feng's more flamboyant costume. More unique. Gui Long's one just normal rocker costume. Gui Long is also hot, but, I still like Gui Feng's better.

From all the little clips I've seen in youtube (those of LLW, Jiu Wu, Gui Long, Gui Feng, Xia Yu, Xia Tian), I like Jiu Wu the most. He's so funny, but, at the same time, also cool. He's so different from Ding Xiao Yu.

That's my observation from the little pieces of clips I've seen. I may change my mine when I actually watch the how series.

Hope Jiro Wong won't get typecast to play dumb characters all the time. Ah Jin (I read from review), Xia Tian and Da Dong are all not very bright characters.

If you're talking about costumes alone, then yeah, I give it to Gu Feng's crazy flamboyant outfit . But if it's about the whole package, I still favor Gui Long He's such a complete opposite of Xia Tian. Sometimes it's funny watching Xia Tian the good boy suddenly becomes the evil but captivating Gui Long.

Regarding Jiro being typecast in dumb role, I don't think Xia Tian is dumb. Naive is more like it. Plus Gui Long is wickedly evil haha... But I agree that his Ah Jin role in ISWAk and Xiu Yi in Hana Kimi are dumb/silly (in a funny way).

Whoa, you really do your homework before watching the series. I usually try not to watch any clips or read any comments for fearing I might accidentally read the spoiler. But yup, Jiu Wu is very different from Xiao Yu. Xiao Yu is very quiet and observant, but Jiu Wu is a happy and energetic kid who happened to be the leader of the Iron Dimension. Ji Wu is funny but he doesn't have a unique character or weapon like the others do. At least Danson's Xia Yu has Gui Feng, Xia Tian has Gui Long, Lan Lin Wang has his cool costume and weapon, but Jiu Wu is just Jiu Wu. He's just very normal.

Regarding Jiro being typecast in dumb role, I don't think Xia Tian is dumb. Naive is more like it. Plus Gui Long is wickedly evil haha... But I agree that his Ah Jin role in ISWAk and Xiu Yi in Hana Kimi are dumb/silly (in a funny way).
    Well, there's one scene in the series that shows Xia Tian is not that bright (beside the first episode scene where he voluntarily revealed to the robber that he has T$1000). When Jiu Wu introduced himself and asked Xia Tian and Xia Yu to call him Jiu Wu, Xia Yu said it's not respectful (since he's a meng zhu) and Xia Tian chip in saying if they call him Jiu Wu, people might asked why Jiu 2 and Jiu 8 didn't come. Xia Tian thought the 'Wu' in Jiu Wu is 五(5) instead of 舞(dance). Jiu Wu and his brother was stunt for a while by his reply. Then there was the time where his father gave him a guitar and asked him to perform. He played the guitar and sing very badly. When he finished his song, everyone was glad, it's over, but he still want to sing a second song, oblivious to the fact that he sings very badly.

Whoa, you really do your homework before watching the series. I usually try not to watch any clips or read any comments for fearing I might accidentally read the spoiler.
    Haha, I not only watch clips of the series. I also watch the post-series interviews. Lots of them very funny.

But yup, Jiu Wu is very different from Xiao Yu. Xiao Yu is very quiet and observant, but Jiu Wu is a happy and energetic kid who happened to be the leader of the Iron Dimension. Ji Wu is funny but he doesn't have a unique character or weapon like the others do. At least Danson's Xia Yu has Gui Feng, Xia Tian has Gui Long, Lan Lin Wang has his cool costume and weapon, but Jiu Wu is just Jiu Wu. He's just very normal.
    Well, he's superpowerful. So, even without cool costume, he's still not normal. His position in the Iron Dimension already made him not normal. Ding Xiao Yu doesn't have a weapon either, but their lack of weapons doesn't bother me. I like his style. People expect him to be really grand and regal and stuff because he's a Meng Zhu. But he turn out to be a playful kid who likes to joke and eat and rode a motorbike. Kinda cool. It's 2 very contrasting aspect. He is very responsible and perform his duty seriously, but he's also playful. So, I still find his character unique. When everyone has special costume and transformation, his normal look is quite unique.

About the costume, I think the FF8 company is making a mountain out of a molehill. I mean, just because one of their characters wear armor on one shoulder only, all costumes in future production by other companies can't do so?

Gui Feng is cuteeeeeee, like Ah Gong said, he's not a bad demons but like a pure innocent one who's only care about his looks lol. Like i said before, GF appearances wasn't long enough so we can't see much of the character.

LOL Jiu Wu !! he's the only one who appraised the cooks !!

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    Gui Feng is cuteeeeeee, like Ah Gong said, he's not a bad demons but like a pure innocent one who's only care about his looks lol. Like i said before, GF appearances wasn't long enough so we can't see much of the character.

LOL Jiu Wu !! he's the only one who appraised the cooks !!
    Woah, we got two (you and kidd) Gui Feng and Jiu Wu's followers here, haha.
    Jiu Wu is very cute. You'll see him eating chips most of the time. He has a real insatiable appetite
    It's so funny how the whole family is dumbfounded watching him enjoying Xiong Ke's food like he's some kind of psycho

I like Ah Gong. He's a funny old man
    Last edited by Jilly; 03-04-08 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Well, there's one scene in the series that shows Xia Tian is not that bright (beside the first episode scene where he voluntarily revealed to the robber that he has T$1000).
    That first episode where he was robbed by 'Dao Ba Jie Sen' is one of my favorite scenes. That's so funny how he promised Jie Sen that he'll go home and get the money for him Aside from some hilariously dumb moments, I still think that he's more of a guileless person that a dolt. You can see the difference when you put Da Dong and Xia Tian in comparison. Da Dong is a sweet minister's son at home, but once he's out the door, he turns into a bada$$ leader. He knows he has charm, strong friendship bond, and mad leadership skills, and he used them well to his advantage. But when it comes to school, he falls behind. He is also a bit slow in assessing critical situation. He doesn't have the acute perception like Ya Se does. So you can say he belongs in the "dumb" category.

Xia Tian, on the other hand, is just a nice young boy who has a very simple mind and simple life. All he wanna do is to be a good son and a good brother to his family. At first, I thought Xia Tian is dumb too with the robbing scene in the 1st episode. But I gradually understand that he's actually a guileless person. That 'dumbness' is a part of his naiveté. His mind is so pure and simple that it can easily be mistaken for stupidity. If you watch the whole series, you'll see that the series keeps emphasizing this innocence quality many times because it's one of his most important character traits to support the story. So now thinking back about those dumb moments, he's willing to give his money to Jie Sen because he believes that people are kind and good, much like his sheltered life. His mind is so unpolluted that he does not think the badness in people. Even when he got beat up, he doesn't wanna tear his 'feng long tie' because he doesn't like to use violence. There's also this scene where he let his schoolmates pulled a prank on him because he doesn't like confrontation. Basically, Xiao Tian acts his dumb way because of his pure mind.

When Jiu Wu introduced himself and asked Xia Tian and Xia Yu to call him Jiu Wu, Xia Yu said it's not respectful (since he's a meng zhu) and Xia Tian chip in saying if they call him Jiu Wu, people might asked why Jiu 2 and Jiu 8 didn't come. Xia Tian thought the 'Wu' in Jiu Wu is 五(5) instead of 舞(dance). Jiu Wu and his brother was stunt for a while by his reply. Then there was the time where his father gave him a guitar and asked him to perform. He played the guitar and sing very badly. When he finished his song, everyone was glad, it's over, but he still want to sing a second song, oblivious to the fact that he sings very badly.
    I think these two scenes are meant to be funny
    Btw, how do you know these scenes? They don't come till later episodes. And it's not even on the wikipedia summary. Are you planning to watch the series in its entirety?

Well, he's superpowerful. So, even without cool costume, he's still not normal. His position in the Iron Dimension already made him not normal. Ding Xiao Yu doesn't have a weapon either, but their lack of weapons doesn't bother me. I like his style. People expect him to be really grand and regal and stuff because he's a Meng Zhu. But he turn out to be a playful kid who likes to joke and eat and rode a motorbike. Kinda cool. It's 2 very contrasting aspect. He is very responsible and perform his duty seriously, but he's also playful. So, I still find his character unique. When everyone has special costume and transformation, his normal look is quite unique.
    Well, if you consider his normalcy of being a "regular" cool and playful kid in the weird Iron Dimension as unique, then I agree with you He's also superpowerful, but the series hardly ever shows his powers. I like him better as Jiu Wu than Xiao Yu though. He's very adorable. It seems that I like The X-Family characters better in general

Haha, I not only watch clips of the series. I also watch the post-series interviews. Lots of them very funny.
    Can you post them here please? I wanna watch the funny interviews too

About the costume, I think the FF8 company is making a mountain out of a molehill. I mean, just because one of their characters wear armor on one shoulder only, all costumes in future production by other companies can't do so?
    Yeah, they make such a big deal out of it. I love LLW costume and I do see the similarity with Cloud Strife's character, but it doesn't mean that all costumes in future production can't follow similar design. I think it's just an outcry from some rabid fans.
    Last edited by Jilly; 03-04-08 at 01:49 PM.

After watching more clips of Gui Long, I change my mind liao. Gui Long is hotter. But, Gui Feng is not much behind and I still like his flamboyant costume better.

Xiao Long Nv and Gou-er are hilarious. Poor baby Xia Yu. Who says he has no superpower? How can a baby without superpower withstand such abuses?
    Last edited by kidd; 03-07-08 at 02:56 AM.