View Poll Results: What should Andy Lau do in response to Yeung Lai Koon's fanatic behaviour?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andy should attend Mr. Yeung's cremation ceremony

2 3.17%
  • Andy should just marry Yeung Lai Koon

10 15.87%
  • Andy should issue a public apology to the Yeungs

2 3.17%
  • He should meet & pacify her to protect his image

5 7.94%
  • He should ignore her; she's crazy!

28 44.44%
  • He should file a restraining order; let cop handles

10 15.87%
  • Don't know; it's a tough situation!

4 6.35%
  • Others? specify!

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What should Andy Lau do???

Default What should Andy Lau do???

From www.jaynestars.com

Father of Andy Lau's Fanatic Fan Committed Suicide
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image.wenweipo.com/2007/04/07/en0407a.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.on.cc/photo/20070408/ent/0408enew01b1.jpg')
    Caption: Yeung Lai Koon has been a fanatic Andy Lau fan for the last 12 years.

In an attempt to request Andy Lau Tak Wah to meet with his daughter, Yeung Lai Koon, Yeung Kan Kei committed suicide by drowning himself in the sea earlier. Yeung Lai Koon has been a fanatic Andy fan for the last 12 years. Mr. Yeung's suicide and desperate attempt to attract Andy's attention roused a sensational stir and much debate in Hong Kong.

Yeung Lai Koon demanded Andy to attend her father's cremation ceremony out of his conscience, since Andy had "caused" her father's death.

Trying to meet with Andy while in Hong Kong, Yeung arrived at his apartment building and started pressing random resident doorbells. When word of Yeung's presence spread, the paparazzi crowded in front of Andy's apartment building, causing a traffic jam.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.on.cc/photo/20070408/ent/0408enew01b3.jpg')

Yeung Lai Koon with mother.

It turned out that one of the doorbells Yeung pressed belonged to Sandra Ng Kwan Yu's apartment, but she was not home at the time. Andy originally planned to spend the Easter weekend with his father, but due to the commotion, he refrained from stepping outside of his home.

When the Yeungs left after failing to meet with Andy, Mrs. Yeung got hit by a taxi. The Yeungs stopped in Mongkok for a meal and were hunted down by the paparazzi. Yeung scolded the press for following them, "With reporters taking photographs, how can we eat?"

The Yeungs headed back to their motel later. Since they had already checked out and the motel was overbooked, the Yeungs had to carry their luggage on the street with them. Causing a commotion in Shum Shui Po later, the police was alerted to settle the situation.

Sichuan Director, Chan Tin Sing, will create a documentary based on the Yeung family's incident to warn others of these extreme measures. The movie is entitled, "The Family that Chases the Stars" 《追星家庭》. The profits from this movie will pay for the future needs of Yeung Lai Koon and her mother.

Andy Lau Refuses to Comment

Yeung Lai Koon's emotions were turbulent and at one point, she said to the press, "[Does Andy] want to push us to our deaths?!"

Yeung stated that if Andy had a conscience, he should voluntarily attend her father's cremation ceremony. "Andy did not express one word of sympathy! He could have written a letter or phoned us!" With Mr. Yeung dead, Yeung Lai Koon said that she hated Andy.

Regarding the Yeungs' fanatic behavior, Andy has not issued a public comment. Allegedly, Andy did not have the adequate criteria to petition a restraining order to prevent the Yeungs from stalking him.

Source: Wenweipo, Orientaldaily

Jayne: I've heard of the Yeungs' behavior, but was not sure on all the details and why Mr. Yeung committed suicide. Did Mr. Yeung threaten to kill himself if Andy did not meet with his daughter? Or was Mr. Yeung's suicide to get Andy's attention?
    The Yeungs' behavior are definitely crazed; how can the parents encourage their daughter to continue to stalk Andy in such a manner? What kind of life can Yeung Lai Koon lead, by basing all her hopes, happiness, and anger on Andy, someone she doesn't even know except for his idol image??

How do you feel about Andy's silence towards the incident? Please vote in attached poll to this article.
    http://en.epochtimes.com/news/7-4-18/54275.html
    The Tragedy of a Wild Fan Shocks Hong Kong People
    By Huang Weiguo
    Trend Magazine Apr 18, 2007

Mainland Chinese Yang Qinji committed suicide on March 26 because his daughter Yang Lijuan did not get a chance to meet with Hong Kong movie star Andy Lau alone. The incident has sparked a debate and created a furor in Hong Kong and China. Yang's family lives in Lanzhou in northwestern China. His daughter Yang Lijuan has been a fan of movie star Andy Lau since the age of 15. Her obsession with Lau led her to quit school and at 30 years old, remained idle, spending her days watching videos of Lau's concerts. She wrote letters to him, bought all products related to him and traveled to Hong Kong twice hoping to meet with her idol.

To raise money for her second trip to Hong Kong, Yang Lijuan's parents sold off their only apartment in 2004 and in March this year, the downtrodden family of three went to Hong Kong to attend a fans meeting hoping that Yang Lijuan would be able to see Lau alone. However, it turns out that Yang could not meet Lau alone and in protest, her father committed suicide by jumping into the Salisbury Sea in Hong Kong. He left behind a letter admonishing Lau for being "cold blooded and heartless".

This tragedy has sparked off a furious debate in Hong Kong. The extreme behavior of the Yang family is disturbing. They made themselves victims and accused Lau guilty of the father's death. In his suicide note, the father wrote: "I have decided to die in protest. I'm going to die. You, Andy Lau, have to meet my daughter another time or my death will be a waste…" The mother accused Lau guilty of her husband's death. The daughter cursed Lau in front of reporters, "Let him choke to death when eating and drinking." In sympathy, Lau offered to pay for their travel expense back home; however, the mother and daughter demanded 500,000 yuan (approximately US$60,386) in compensation. Lau withdrew his kind-hearted offer of help realizing that his kind act was not appreciated.

The incident exposes the psychological problems that are hidden in people living in mainland China. Lan Guoqiang, a psychologist from Anran Psychological Consultation Center in Lanzhou, pointed out that Yang Lijuan is suffering from "love paranoia," symptoms of which include lack of self-control, narrow-mindedness and no sympathy for others' feelings. Lan believes that this is caused by society, education and family. He suggested that she receive treatment in a hospital, but her father rejected. Lan reminded the public that China does not have a complete system to help people maintain a healthy psychology. In many areas, there are psychological crises, but lack of aid.

Is Yang's tragedy a particular incident? It is a social problem. Before the tragedy happened, media in China reported on Yang Lijuan's story for entertaining audiences. Some media even have a series of reports on her story. No one cared about the psychological problem behind it. Their reports encouraged the Yang family. Some told Yang that since so many large media companies such as China Central TV had reported on the story, your daughter must be able to see Lau.

After the father committed suicide, some internet users condemned that Lau was indifferent. A 24-year-old young man said he was so touched by their story that he proposed to Yang Lijuan. A student in the Department of Law at Beijing University, Zhang Bo, posted a picture of himself with scissors pointing to his own stomach, threatening Lau to marry Yang Lijuan with his death. He said by doing so, he was defending people against injustice, which was the training of the law he was taught.

Judging by these cases, is it only the Yang family with psychological problems? No wonder psychologist Lan told society not to continue to sympathize with Yang and support her. It's an encouragement for abnormal acts.

On the other hand, the reactions toward the incident in Hong Kong are more mature. Most people and media feel sorry for the Yang family, but few support them. Lau only gave Yang Lijuan a comment that it's a pity "she has done so much to harm her father." It is worth praising that Lau insisted on not meeting Yang alone. He not only protected his personal life, but discouraged other fans from imitating the irrational act.
    What should Andy Lau do in response to Yeung Lai Koon's fanatic behavior?
    I vote for "Don't know, it's is a tough situation!"
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg
    The Golden Five Tigers of the 80s are the best wuxia artists ever!

Oh god, that picture of her with andy is so disgusting, those teeths and that look in her eyes eww

There's really nothing he can do in this situation.

I just hope that she don't end up like Cho in Virginia and kill Andy

By the way there's a thread like this in the entertainment news forum.

whoa! thats insane! how could you blame andy lau for not meeting your daughter and then kill yurself? oviously, this family has major phycological problems. so what if andy meets with her? is it really worth your life?
    and how can andy "cause" his death? it was his daughter's decision to be his fan and he took that to the extreme to get his attention. how stupid!
    andy should definitely not pay a single cent towards their retarded actions. i just hope noone else would folloe her dad's actions just to get attention from celebrities.
    yea and no offense but she looks retarded too. she should find something better to do with her life than stalking andy.
    Last edited by annaaa; 04-21-07 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creamcheese007
    I just hope that she don't end up like Cho in Virginia and kill Andy
    Well, if it's any reassurance, it's much more difficult for people to acquire firearms in Hong Kong than it is in the United States.

What's so tough about the situation? Just ignore her. No sympathy from me. He's got the cash to hire bodyguards and keep her out of his life, the public knows about the situation so he probably won't lose popularity and if the government isn't going to protect him with a restraining order because of the lack of evidence he needs to protect himself.
    Oligoneuron disease is incurable.

I think Andy Lau should hire a hitman to take care of her, and then everyone will just forget about this commotion and move on.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    I think Andy Lau should hire a hitman to take care of her, and then everyone will just forget about this commotion and move on.
    I feel bad for Andy that he has to deal with this problem, but I don't think he should hire a hitman to solve the problem. This is considered murder and people get death sentence for doing so, at least in hong kong (china). PJ, how could you even come up with this idea? If you were in Andy shoe, would you do it? I think you should immediately get help from a psychologist before you killing someone...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg')
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg
    The Golden Five Tigers of the 80s are the best wuxia artists ever!

Ignore her, of course! He's not at fault for what had happened. Besides, she's crazy. @.@;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I think he should just ignore her.. THere is not much more she can do to him since she is not rich and privileged. She is now penniless and has nothing more.... I thought that her father's death would wake her up, but I guess not... She needs to get a life and leave Andy alone...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Two way love is a beautiful thing.

One way love will lead to nothing...

This is what happen when you spend so much time loving a person that doesn't love you back.

So much to live for then loving someone that doesn't gives an rats *** about you.

On a side note: Andy has a choice to love the person or not. People should just leave him alone.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

If you were in Andy shoe, would you do it?
    Sacrifices must be made.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Ignore. Why should he do anything when he is just doing his job?!?!?! That girl is just plain crazy. She should seriously seek counselling.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBanh
    I feel bad for Andy that he has to deal with this problem, but I don't think he should hire a hitman to solve the problem. This is considered murder and people get death sentence for doing so, at least in hong kong (china). PJ, how could you even come up with this idea? If you were in Andy shoe, would you do it? I think you should immediately get help from a psychologist before you killing someone...
    Sacrifices must be made.

funny for someone who jokes around about the 'Canadian way', he cant figure out that this IS a joke

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c

funny for someone who jokes around about the 'Canadian way', he cant figure out that this IS a joke
    Lol, you really don't like Canadians ghost, EH? =P

btw, I agree with Aph....everyone has already known the Yeung problem, and i bet none holds Andy Lau responsible in any way, so he doesnt have to worry about his image no more than his safety there. It's best for him to just ignore her, and given his financial status it's definitely not a problem to do so........

and about the stalking thing, her father is dead, her mother is sick, they dont have a house no more, the family needs to eat, so unless she starts working her lazy ***, theyre gonna die of hunger anyway......now tell me, what's to worry there?
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 04-22-07 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Lol, you really don't like Canadians ghost, EH?
    honestly, i have no sentiment towards them.....it's just that im getting fedup seeing how this certain person would say Canada this, Canada that......:

"Sichuan Director, Chan Tin Sing, will create a documentary based on the Yeung family's incident to warn others of these extreme measures. The movie is entitled, "The Family that Chases the Stars" 《追星家庭》. The profits from this movie will pay for the future needs of Yeung Lai Koon and her mother."

is anybody else a bit annoyed by this? its like they are saying she's crazy and were going to give her money for it?

why's he hiding in there? perve.

At first I thought it would a good idea to make a movie, but now... NO WAY! And to give the money to her? Well, if she was going to use it for a good cause like starting over, working, going back to school, taking care of her mom,etc... then I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to give her the money from the movie. However, at her stage... I highly doubt it so I think it is better to not do so... But then again, it isn't up to us anyway...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Why should Andy do anything? He hasn't done anything wrong apart from being a star and a target of obsession. The most he should do is pay for the required counselling fee.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

kill me if someone votes this: Andy should just marry Yeung Lai Koon