Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What place(s) would you most like to visit?

Default What place(s) would you most like to visit?

Well, I haven't been on SPCNET for a while so I felt like starting a thread. The topic is pretty self-explanatory. Ignoring finances, where in the world would you like to travel to? I also used the word "place" so it can refer to cities, a particular landmark, some natural attraction, or a larger region like a country or physical feature.

Basically, if you had unlimited funds, where would you travel first?

One of my goals in life is to travel the world, so I would actually like to visit everywhere (including underdeveloped nations), but I'll respect the "MOST like to visit" in my topic and make this short.

After debating between the Great Barrier Reef, Singapore, Switzerland (they make Toblerone ), Inner Mongolia, and some other places, my pick is all of FRANCE. As soon as my French is sharpened up a little I'll definitely visit. Paris is obviously one of the reasons - I'm particularly interested in visiting the Louvre. But also France in general has a lot to offer. I really really want to visit Giverny (Claude Monet's home) and Yi Lian You Meng has made me crave a visit to Provence. Plus there are beaches there! And since Sparky's mind is always on food, French food is mmmmm Seriously, I have to eat something every time I watch Ratatouille. And there's also croissants, French bread (I'll bring my own Nutella), CREPES, cream puffs and eclaires, creme brulee...so they eat some weird animals (pigeon ) and there's foie gras and pate, but with all those desserts and pastries I'll live!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

As being online and there are alot of great places to go, I'm always welcomed to these countries; if, there is no finance problems. My first most definetly Taiwan, I hadn't see my relatives for like 12 years now; due to school and family obligations. Then, China both North/South provinces, like Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan, Zhe Jiang, etc. After that, Southeast countries, like Singapore, Malay, Philipines. Finally, Europe some areas like Luxemburg, Germany[historical sites], Paris, Bulgaria, London, etc. In addition, Brazil.

Now, not sure how many Spcnet members are located in those areas. Its nice to travel the world and China is very huge to cover all the places probably between 3-4 years; walking or traveling the Great Wall of China, Pudong, Shanghai nightlife, Beijing's Forbidden Palace and other historical sites. China is changing so quickly, its nice to see the ever changing development before the historical sites are no longer there.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 08-26-07 at 09:59 AM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

ohhh i would def want a backpack trip through the whole Europe, except i'd go for a year trip
    my cousin went a few months ago and she said that it was a great experience.

but if it had to be ONE location in the world, i'd say: Seoul, South Korea.
    think about all the hot asian guys there
    The best part of believe is the lie.

egypt and the amazon. pyramids and piranhas

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    egypt and the amazon. pyramids and piranhas
    One more vote here! I have always wanted to go to the Amazon. But I want to also go to Africa on one of those safari journeys.
    “我停在原处也许就是为了让大家在累的时候,有个可以回头休息的地方。”

first, the pyramids....
    second, the amazon
    next, llasa
    last, atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    ohhh i would def want a backpack trip through the whole Europe, except i'd go for a year trip
    Me too. But if I had one place? Antarctica or Mt Everest.

Europe, tour of some sort.
    Brazil
    Dubai
    Egypt
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

1. The Monteverde Cloud forest of Costa Rica.

2. Khyber Pass.

3. The Azores.

4. Israel.

5. Vancouver and Victoria harbour to canoe w/ Orcas

Unlimited funds? Why, the Sea of Tranquility of course. I hear the view is spectacular . Then I could just point to all the places I'd visit next.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

I want to go where Meng G is right now, which is somewhere in Taiwan?? God I love that chick.
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post

but if it had to be ONE location in the world, i'd say: Seoul, South Korea.
    think about all the hot asian guys there
    ME TOo! ME TOO! I betcha i know why we both want to visit Seoul. Korean Haiku and obsession right? I would love to visit Seoul in the next two years befor i fall out of love for Korean's culture, men, and series..hehehe..

Really, I want to take a month off and travel around Asia..First finally visit Viet Nam, then Hong Kong ( child hood dream), then to Taiwan, then Japan, and Korea.

When I'm way older, Ill visit Europe.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

I want to visit Japan and China, and maybe Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    When I'm way older, Ill visit Europe.
    I would highly recommend going to Europe before you're 25. You get student rates even if you aren't going to school. I went a few years back and was surprised at the deals students get. I think a Eurail pass, very handy when back-packing, is about 75% cheaper for students. Hostels were about 2 euros a night after paying the 25 euro membership fee. I think I had to pay about 10.

My memory isn't the greatest, but I do remember wishing I would have gone when I was younger.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

canada, europe, china, japan, australia, indonesia, malaysia, thailand
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    I would highly recommend going to Europe before you're 25. You get student rates even if you aren't going to school. I went a few years back and was surprised at the deals students get.
    yea actually im thinking of backpacking Europe when i get into college, or even possibly do a year aboard. my cousin went this summer and she told me she had fun.

and she brought me back chocolate from belgium
    The best part of believe is the lie.

i want to visit HK, going to buy many cd XD~
    thinking to taipei too! want to go to Jimmy Lin`s Restourant =P~
    can someone tell how much too spend for a week travel and a full bag of cd/dvd in HK? XD last time i went there it was not even count as travel

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    I would highly recommend going to Europe before you're 25. You get student rates even if you aren't going to school. I went a few years back and was surprised at the deals students get. I think a Eurail pass, very handy when back-packing, is about 75% cheaper for students. Hostels were about 2 euros a night after paying the 25 euro membership fee. I think I had to pay about 10.
    25? What about before 30? Any good deal? Now this is my only regret for realising something late....
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Anywhere that is culturally rich and beautiful...nice and helpful people would be a plus. And preferably somewhere not so cold or I'll be freezing instead of enjoying, I can take the heat though

For now: Japan, China, Korea, Tibet, New Zealand, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Netherlands, Hawaii, the Maldives, Africa. And not just the cities but the small towns and countrysides as well!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

For me, I have been dying to the following destinations:

US
    Monument Valley, Arizona/Utah -- the signature locale of the great Westerns. John Ford's Stagecoach made the valley famous. One of my 2 favorite Westerns -- The Searchers, was shot here.

Utah -- I once drove through the border on I-80. I was spellbound by its natural wonders -- and I had only seen an insignificant fraction of what it has to offer.

Wyoming -- The pinnacle of the Wild West, far removed from busy city life. Home of the Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and Devil's Tower.

Oregon -- The coast, Crater Lake, and its close proximity to California and Seattle.

Europe
    Spain -- My favorite country on the planet. The architectural marvels of Barcelona, the sandy beaches in the Southern coast, and the most outstanding art museum in Bilbao await.

Portugal -- Once a superpower but now overshadowed by its bigger Western European neighbors, Portugal is like the ELOC of Travel. I am fascinated by what this little gem in the Western corner of Europe has to offer.

Prague, Czech Republic -- Tracing history in Old Europe . Bonus: home of a Gehry landmark:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.robjagnow.com/travel/prague05/images/CzechRepublic048.jpg')

Estonia -- Another ELOC of Europe; supposedly a well-preserved documentary of the Ancients.

Mont Saint-Michel, Normandy, France -- the picture says it all:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/357551286_43653dad59.jpg')

Asia
    Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Bagan, Burma:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.elephantguide.com/images/stories/homepages/Burma%20-%20Bagan%20-%20Temple%20Dawn.jpg')

Vietnam

Mongolian highlands -- Experience the warrior culture

Thailand -- The countryside and the beaches

Philippines -- beaches, beaches, beaches... and everything else related to it

Japan -- Where nature meets globalization, where tradition meets rebellion, and where people find innovative ways to express themselves.

Africa
    The deserts! Ming-blowingly surreal, the Namib Desert is what dreams are made of:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PA/6445029~Desert-Dunes-Namibia-Posters.jpg')

The wild animals! I'd have to find a way to not become their food, but that can be arranged with some planning

Latin America
    Brazil - Always been fascinated by everything about them. It's a big country, so I'd have to do more research on the specific sights.

Other
    Islands from all over the world that offer views of crystal clear water, cloudy blue sky, and uninhabited privacy.

That's all for now
    Last edited by PJ; 01-03-08 at 01:59 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」