Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most destructive martial art?

Default Most destructive martial art?

What do you believe is the most destructive martial art ever depicted in wuxia fiction? Note: "most destructive" doesn't necessarily mean most refined, most likely to win in a fight, or even necessarily most powerful. It simply means that this particular martial art has the greatest capacity to do physical damage/harm to its target, be that target a living thing or an inanimate object.

Ding Chunqiu's Fushidu aka Decaying Corpse Poison. Once launched, Nearly impossible to avoid. Even if you try to dodge it, you are still likely to be infected b/c it spreads to a wide range.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    What do you believe is the most destructive martial art ever depicted in wuxia fiction? Note: "most destructive" doesn't necessarily mean most refined, most likely to win in a fight, or even necessarily most powerful. It simply means that this particular martial art has the greatest capacity to do physical damage/harm to its target, be that target a living thing or an inanimate object.
    You mean 'original reputable written fiction' rather then ALL fiction right? Otherwise, TVB Dragon Palms come to mind.

I remember reading about all the hype about 'Ashes of Time'. Was so happy with anticipation when I finally got the VCD, then saw the opening scene with Ouyang Feng blowing up the whole place and the collasping cliff and went 'awwwww CRAP!'.

Ding Chunqiu's Fushidu aka Decaying Corpse Poison. Once launched, Nearly impossible to avoid. Even if you try to dodge it, you are still likely to be infected b/c it spreads to a wide range.
    To be precise, the Pearl Chain version of the above. Its the closest you can get to a wuxia multiple rapid fire grenade launcher.
    Last edited by CC; 08-27-07 at 02:26 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

My vote is for Yan Shisan's Sword 15, the sword that summons Death itself.
    Last edited by bliss; 08-27-07 at 10:29 AM.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

my vote is for the Fist of Seven Damages: so potent that you damage not only the enemy, but ruin yourself in the process.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

^ I agree with sixdays. It was so powerful that even XX who didn't have the best internal energy resource was able to kill KX(forgot name) with it when he had his shield off. You can imagine if someone like used 9 yang to backup the fists of 7 damage.

When someone destroys an army with XL18Z in one of those TVB series

Although if you count DBZ as wuxia then Genki Dama would be a contender.

I knew someone would bring up DBZ....

Then someone will bring in Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet...

Probably Yan 13's infamous sword like someone else mentioned since GU LONG described it as capable of destroying heaven and earth. It's hard to beat that kind of hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    Probably Yan 13's infamous sword like someone else mentioned since GU LONG described it as capable of destroying heaven and earth. It's hard to beat that kind of hyperbole.
    What happens if it meets Jin Yong's hyperbole about Dugu Jiu Jian getting stronger to adapt to stronger opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    What happens if it meets Jin Yong's hyperbole about Dugu Jiu Jian getting stronger to adapt to stronger opponents?
    [tongue in cheek]
    Yan 13's Sword 15 would make Dugu Jiujian unable to change, since it freezes time and space. But ... maybe it gets frozen in an extraordinary position where if Sword 15 strikes, it would cause common ruin for the both of them.
    [/tongue in cheek]
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    [tongue in cheek]
    Yan 13's Sword 15 would make Dugu Jiujian unable to change, since it freezes time and space. But ... maybe it gets frozen in an extraordinary position where if Sword 15 strikes, it would cause common ruin for the both of them.
    [/tongue in cheek]

ROFLMAO!!!!!

You guys are killing me!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Alas, both Yan 13 AND Dugu 9 Swords have YET to behold the bewildering combination of Ouyang Feng + FOUR (not 5, not 6, and certainly not 7 -- FOUR) Masters of Quanzhen. I bet that even if Yan 13 could reach the level of Sword #100, or if Dugu 9 Swords became Dugu 5000 to the power of 709 Swords instead, they would nevertheless be unable to cope with the combined forces of Ouyang Feng + FOUR (again, not 5, not 6, and CERTAINLY not 7 -- only FOUR) Masters of Quanzhen.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Alas, both Yan 13 AND Dugu 9 Swords have YET to behold the bewildering combination of Ouyang Feng + FOUR (not 5, not 6, and certainly not 7 -- FOUR) Masters of Quanzhen. I bet that even if Yan 13 could reach the level of Sword #100, or if Dugu 9 Swords became Dugu 5000 to the power of 709 Swords instead, they would nevertheless be unable to cope with the combined forces of Ouyang Feng + FOUR (again, not 5, not 6, and CERTAINLY not 7 -- only FOUR) Masters of Quanzhen.
    Yeah, but the Mo Dong 7 Heroes with their 64 phantom fighter formation trump all.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    But even Ouyang Feng + FOUR (not 3, not 5 but FOUR) Quanzhen would be unable to stop Xu Zhu from doing as his heart desires or put him in a disadvantagous position.

这时虚竹既得天山童姥的真传,又尽窥灵鹫宫石壁上武学的秘奥,武功之高,实已到了
    随心所欲、无往而不利的地步

Ru Lai Shen Zhang.

But even Ouyang Feng + FOUR (not 3, not 5 but FOUR) Quanzhen would be unable to stop Xu Zhu from doing as his heart desires or put him in a disadvantagous position.

这时虚竹既得天山童姥的真传,又尽窥灵鹫宫石壁上武学的秘奥,武功之高,实已到了
    随心所欲、无往而不利的地步
    Try as he might, Xuzhu's doom has been pre-destined if he tried to go up against the Golden Wheel Monk, because although it cannot be said that Golden Wheel Monk will not be surpassed in the future, it is indeed the case that there was no one before him who was finer: 虽不能说后无来者,却确已前无古人。

Then they both would be scared of the destruction that they can unleash on this world and would turn their swords on themselves!

Rocks fall, everyone dies. Although bliss's explanation was hilarious.

Can someone give an example of Rulai Shenzhang? I've heard of it before and I know it gets really over the top in some movies but I can't remember specific examples.

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    [tongue in cheek]
    [/tongue in cheek]
    Due to the recent discussion of DG9J, I just wanted to re-quote Bliss's explanation of what happens when DG9J meets Sword 15 as the best. Idea. Ever.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!